Crown Honda of Greensboro

(2.9) 704 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

2.9
704 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Crown Honda of Greensboro from DealerRater.com
  • Great Car - Better Service!

My 1998 Civic just passed 351,000 miles and still runs like a new car. I bought it in Virginia (where I lived at the the time), but then immediately h...ad to move to Greensboro and have taken my Civic to Crown Honda for service the whole time - the service is great with extra compliments to the Crown Honda Shuttle Team!!! My service manager, Steve Duncan, has been a true partner in keeping my car in top-notch condition. He is fair, honest, and knows his stuff!!! When I buy my next Honda - it will be from Crown Honda and the Sales Folks will need to thank the Service Department in general, the Honda Shuttle Team, and especially Steve Duncan for the purchase!!! If I were a business person - this is how I would want my business to run!!

Wayne, Your review was great! The fact that your 1998 Honda Civic is still running like new after 350,000 plus miles is amazing! It definitely speaks... on the durability and how long these cars can last. A great brand! Also, thank you for acknowledging our wonderful service department here at Crown Honda of Greensboro, as well as our service manager Steve Duncan. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to everyone who walks through our door! We look forward to continuing to earn your trust and loyalty and assisting you with future purchases! General Manager, Scott Bisbee

• More Lies

Well upon my last review the new general manager responded to my last review asking to give them another try. Then I also got a letter in the mail fro...m him as well. So my wife and I decided to try and give it another go. I called Alex Utz and left a message with my cell number and no response. So my wife set up an appointment to which we never met the people we were told we had the appointment with. Alex Utz when you ask for me to come back I expected for you to live up to your end and sir you did not. I was totally humiliated and embarrassed my last time there by your employees. To request me to come back i to make it right meant to me you would make it right. Well it was not and again I wasted my time on your request. Thanks again for the embarrassment again just to be rejected. My wife sent in the credit app as requested by your employee and at that point your staff could???ve saved us our time but they didn???t. I guess rejecting us in person is the way you like to do business. This is HORRIBLE business practice and you should be ashamed of yourself but seeing how we were done again I would say your not ashamed and darn proud of yourself. Well I will do my very best to deter ANYONE from using your dealership for business. The financial person Dorian is a good guy but this one is on you since I came in on your request alone thinking you would make it right but again i was crapped on. Thank you for showing your true colors too.

• Terrible experience, DON'T GO HERE

I had recently purchased a vehicle from here, while I love the vehicle, I was told that I would receive the title and plate in the mail, with 45 days.... It's been more than 2 month since and I haven't received anything. I called the DMV about why haven't received anything, only to find out that the dealership hasn't sent them any information about purchase. Every time I call, I either get sokme half baked answer or get put on hold, or transferred over only to have an answering machine pickup. I highly recommend you go somewhere else.

Overall Experience

• Wow stolen tag on car registered in someone else???s name !!!

Hello future customers, I am very disappointed in Crown Honda of Greensboro North Carolina, I currently found out that my tags were stolen that they... put on the car the night I left the dealership. Also found out that the car was registered someone else???s name. I kept in constant communication what the Finance Manager Dorian Royal, which was very helpful but was very limited in his powers. I and my attorneys feel that it is completely reasonable to bring suit against this dealership, as there were a lot of red flags and still we suffer from the inefficient professionalism of management and unskilled workers.on top of everything we where harassed by the police And offered a very disrespectful amount of money by the Rick general manager for a crown Honda,so called ???hush money???. Worst all time experience ever shopping for vehicle .

• poor customer service

I came in and made eye contact with at least 3 employees sitting down at there stations and it took over 5 minutes for them to tell me someone would ...be with me shortly. I then waited over 5 mins for someone to come, then to top it off it took over 2 and half hours for an oil change when there was only one car beside me and two people in the waiting area. I was truly disappointed in the customer service!I go all the time and the wait is awful but when they can't address you when arriving and acting as though they are doing you a favor by coming to your vehicle when they deem necessary. Everyone seems to price match so I will take my business to another Honda dealership to be serviced or any place with better customer service. It never bothered me to wait because of the customer service however it seems to be an ongoing issue that I wish not to reward with my money.

• Poor Communication Between Departments; I feel abused

I purchased a used Nissan Altima. I am very happy with the car itself, but the financial manager pressured me to buy this car because they had just g...otten it in and wanted to sell it fast. I will say that Luke Hammond, the sales associate who sat down with my wife and me, was very professional and courteous. However, when we finally sat down and agreed on a price, I agreed to $10,000 or less, including both the car and any services they performed on it before leaving the dealership. After I left, I reviewed my contract more closely ( I guess I should have done this in the office, but I did not realize they would charge me more than what I signed and agreed to be charged for) and found an $800 service charge, putting my car and services at $800 more than I agreed to. Additionally, I signed that I wanted to keep my old license plate. About a week later, I received new plates in the mail with a nearly $200 bill for the new plates, something I said I did not want! Finally, they called me back in to the office a few days after purchasing the car, and they told me that they could not keep my wife on the contract for the price and interest rate we had already signed and agreed to. While my interest rate went down, they took off several insurance packages I signed up for and only told me as I was preparing to leave the office. They said if I wanted the two plans put back on, I would have to make two down payments of $750 each right then and there to keep them. Overall, I thought Luke, the sales associate, was great, but the financial managers and overall organization makes this business unorganized, uncoordinated, and it seems they really try to get as much money from you as possible, even if it is not what you agreed to. I love the car and needed a new one, but I feel that I overpaid and was taken advantage of.

Overall Experience

• Scammy dealership that don't honor written quotes

This is a horrible Honda dealership. One of those typical pressure tactics and scam oriented dealerships that you keep hearing about - nothing new. I ...had negotiated a quote for a CRV from their internet sales team (which is a joke) and went to the dealership with it. They refused to honor it, laughed at me, and then tried to have me agree to take the included options out. I HAD A WRITTEN QUOTE. The sales manager I met was called Joel and he was among the top 10 rudest people I have met till date. Kept on asking me to email this and that, kept me waiting for 30 mins for no reason whatsoever and then came back and started haggling. They are unprofessional and have zero respect for their word. DO NOT GO HERE.

Overall Experience

• Satisfied car buying experience.

Service after the sale experience was exemplary! I had some cosmetic concerns with my newly delivered Pilot and the service lane manager, Scott Hicks ...professionalism and attention to my concerns has far exceeded my expectations!! Everything was done to make sure I will continue as a satisfied Crown Honda customer!

Andy, we really appreciate your feedback!Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day! Kindest regards, Alex Utz General Manager

• Awful

Had a TERRIBLE experience with these people. They will tell you ANYTHING over the phone/email to get you to the dealership. In April I found a vehicle... that I was seriously interested in so I contacted the dealership via email and got a response from Jeremy. He told me the car was very much still available. I told him I was serious about purchasing the car and that I would be there the very next day to see/purchase said vehicle. We planned an appointment for 1:30 pm. I made sure to make it clear to him that I live almost 2 hours away. The next day I drive all the way to the dealership for the appointment we had set up. I get there and Jeremy stops me on the way into the dealership and said "oh you didn't get my email? Someone just bought the car literally minutes ago." I was VERY PISSED OFF. I had driven 2 hrs to get there to find out that he had sold the car right before I got there. He said that he had emailed me an hour ago which would have been 12:30... went back and looked at my emails and he sent it to me at 1 oclock when I was already almost there. Then he deferred me to his manager Mike who made many promises (which were all broken) gas cards, the same vehicle within 3 days, the same price on another similar car etc blah blah blah. Long story short they never gave me gas cards or followed up with me about another car.

• Trouble canceling a warranty

Bought a 2015 CRV from Crown in Jan 2017 - Eli was a good salesman. Car had a few paint spots they sanded out and they got me another key. Managed to ...get talked into purchasing a wraparound warranty for 2200 more. Was told I could cancel at any time and have remainder credited to account. 2 days later I called to cancel, Mark Clayton said no problem and e-mailed me paperwork which I completed and returned within days. Come March thewareantynismstill on account - Ime-mail Mark - no response. E-mail him again in early April he responds that he sent it in and will follow up and let me know. I e-mailed again at end of April - no response for a while. finally in May he calls and said someone in the office failed to send paperwork in . He sent me forms again which I completed and returned promptly. He said the company would "do the right thing" since I had lost money at this point. By the end of June it was finally cancelled but not the full amount as promised. Calling dealership to talk with someone is futile - you get passed around and no one calls back. Finally Darrius in Financing calls me after I sent in an online request. and said he would look into matter - that was two weeks ago and I can't get him to call me back . i am incredibly disappointed in company and customer service is awful. I did my,part - Crown has failed miserably on theirs and dropped the ball. They are not taking responsibility for their own error.

Crown Honda of Greensboro