2013 ILX Hybrid

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid?

Best Car Buy Ever

by RN Driver from Fayetteville, Arkansas on Sun Sep 22 2013

Love, love, love this car!!! Also enjoy the compliments from others. Fun to drive. True reflection of manufacturer MPG. Average from 38 to 40 MPG. This car was only one left on lot at the time and it is fully loaded! Had an excellent sales experience. Went online and made an appointment to see car and test drive. Entire time at showroom was less than 2 hours. Shortest time ever spent to seal and sign.:))

Acura ILX Hybrid- better than expected

by East Coast Cruiser from Gales Ferry, CT on Thu Sep 05 2013

We just passed 10k miles on our ILX Hybrid. At first, I didn't really like the car but my wife wanted a Hybrid that just looked and drove like a a normal car. The Acura sees a lot of around town use but we've also begun taking it on longer trips. Recently we drove it from CT to Miami and averaged 48mpg. I don't feel the car is underpowered as some reviewers say. The power delivery is smooth and strong once the car is broken in. As a reference, my daily drivers are a Hemi powered 2013 Challenger and Dodge Durango Rallye Package. This car doesn't make the strongest first impression and seems pricey but once you live with it, you'll come to appreciate its comfort and convenience as well as it's luxury. It handles nearly the same as my son's 2012 TSX and he often will take it if he needs to go on longer trips because it has the Tech package. The Technology Package is worth every penny. Great Navigation and the ELS system is fantastic. If you travel, the live radar weather is a nice feature. If you want a nice small luxury sedan that meets or exceeds the mpg rating, this may be your car. Great finish and attention to detail. Another plus is you do get great service from Acura. Some things that could be better: the passenger seat should be a power seat in this class and the seat heaters could be a bit warmer according to my wife. HIghly recommended.

Super reliable

by Michael j from Ridge by on Thu Mar 22 2018

I loved it very much it drive so well it was a great ride the awd was incredible and it was extremely comfortable. The heated seats were a great feature for cokdnkrth eastern winter days.

40 miles to the gallon and somewhat sporty dynamic

by Michael from Danvers on Sun Jun 11 2017

It looks sporty than it is and at about 50mph it seems sporty. Car is not meant to be sporty but it's livelier to drive than other hybrids out there.

Great comfort and mialage.

by API from Nassau County , N.Y. on Sat Sep 28 2013

I have owned both a TL 2009, and an ILX 2013. Both excellent cars the TL is much heavier. Prior to these I owned a Honda Accord and a BMW 325. I leased the TL and later bought it out. The ILX seems like a small version of the TL. Its controls and features are very similar. I can get over 43mg if I'm very careful. The 38 and 39 mpg are easy to achieve. The car is very quiet and has a nice tight turning radius. No problems for the first 15,000 miles and we love it. Cant say anything bad about the navigation system except that it wont let me enter information while I'm moving. I guess this is for safety, my 2009 does allow entry while moving. I'm a big guy, I wasn't comfortable in a 3 series BMW, but this car has lots of room. Another item to mention is the transmission doesn't have gears, it seems to accelerate continuously without shifting, nice feel. We added leather interior and door sill lights not too much else. We do like it, in all ways. I recommend it, take it for a test drive.

Peppy Little Hybrid that Turns Heads

by Honda Love Turned Acura Fan from California on Fri Aug 07 2015

We've owned this car for about a year and do mainly city driving, where we average about 36 mpg, but seem to always hit 42+ on road trips. It's been a great little car that gets lots of complements, is always reliable, and offers all the modern day features you could ask for. The dash and control panel has clean lines and a simple white illumination, which I love at night. It's peppy but can also have moment of lag just like every other hybrid I've ever driven. All & all, this is a car that I forsee owning for the next 10 years. I'd recommend giving this car a shot if it fits your size and budgeting needs.

Very disappointing

by Cato from Walnut Creek, Ca. on Mon Nov 12 2012

Car is nothing but a "fancied" Honda Civic with the acura name put on it. Hybrid mileage is not as advertised.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great and better than expected

by BetaLamda from Chicago on Tue Dec 03 2013

I've owned the 2013 ILX Hybrid for a year. I commute about 55 miles a day and wanted a high mileage car. I put the car in Eco mode, and have averaged 40.1 MPG over the course of my first year - beating the advertised 39 MPG. The car is comfortable, reliable, and loaded. The only thing I don't like about it is the voice activated features - not great. Otherwise, a great car. If anyone is considering a Prius, I'd highly recommending testing out the ILX first.

Our Take on the 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid

While the Acura ILX is a forgettable car, thin competition makes the Hybrid version worth a look for anyone who values mileage over performance and lushness.

I touched briefly on the ILX Hybrid in my review of the 2013 ILX (see the review), and our editors have since gotten more time in the hybrid, so I will share more impressions here.

The group of high-efficiency small cars of a luxury persuasion is a relatively small one. With EPA-estimated mileage of 39/38/38 mpg city/highway/combined, the ILX Hybrid compares to the Lexus CT 200h (43/40/42 mpg) and, arguably, to the clean-diesel Audi A3 TDI (30/42/34 mpg). If you're not swayed by brand name alone, a loaded Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid competes on... Read More