1989 Acura Legend

G1 1986 to 1989

by from st.petersburg ; on November 1, 2010

I currently own a 1989 acura legend coupes these cars are die hard cars. My friend has an 1987 legend with 437,000 miles same original engine and transmisson and runs and drives great. I currantly own a 1989 legend and my legend has 226,000 miles and still rides nice no engine noise whats so ever. you can only hear the fan blowing. the G1 actualy out lives of the work.

A real Classic

by from California on March 27, 2013

The 1989 Acura Legends are very well-built and the quality is outstanding. Acura did not cut corners when designing and building the Legend. The quality of these vehicles is beyond compare. They also drive so well and are quiet and smooth. If you have never had an Acura Legend, you have missed out on having a great car. If you are lucky enough to find someone willing to part with theirs, it is definitly a great car to buy.

Amazing automobile, it's Legend...ary!

by from Kansas City on March 15, 2014

Found and purchased my 1989 Acura Legend in Feb 2014 through a family member. Only 13k original miles. It was owned by an older couple, and after they passed sat in their garage unmoved for 4 years. Trailered it home, drained the gas, new H2o pump, timing, ac, alternator and p/s belts, fuel filter, replaced clogged brake lines, new tires and fluids, and now it's a new car. This Legend rides and handles like a dream. Honda engineers did a beautiful job on this vehicle. Acura dealer employees said they hadn't seen anything like it in years, called it a "time capsule." Most impressive is the attention to detail in the engine, where all parts are of highest quality and assembled intelligently. The ride is smooth and quiet, the leather interior is luxurious yet practical, gauges are well displayed, and the car gives me an overall feeling of confidence when driving. Plenty of power, great stopping with the 4w disc brakes and ABS, Independent double-wishbone suspension is well tuned and handles beautifully. They got it right with this one! It's great to see so many positive reviews of these cars with 100k-300k+ miles. With only 14k miles now, we're just getting started, but it's easy to see that this car and our family are going to have a very long and happy future together. Solidly built, fun to drive, reliable and comfortable...we love our '89 Acura Legend!

Acura Legend

by from on April 20, 2011

I had one and I loved it. I drove it to 385,000 miles! I bearly had any problems out of it and if i did they were cheap to fix. It was a fast car and drove awesome. I wish I still had mine.

1989 Acura Legend

by from Texas on August 27, 2016

I have owned a 1989 Acura Legend for 1 year now, What I can can say about this car is that it is an outstanding piece of machinery. The odometer was broken when I bought the car and the odometer is at 230,600 miles and it may have stopped working years ago for all I know so the car may have over 300 to 400,000 miles on it. I never had a problem out of it until I hit a deer str8t on at 50 miles an hour and crushed the radiator and hood pretty bad, anyway I replaced the radiator myself and the car is still running fine to this day and it only cost me $189 dollars to fix it..I cant believe it still runs after all its been through..AMAZING CAR!!!!

Our Expert Review: 1989 Acura Legend