2006 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura Rsx
Average based on 25 reviews

First sports car

by from Fort Bragg NC on February 26, 2011

When I first got home from deployment I thought I shouldn't get a new car and keep the one I had. One night as I am strolling through town I decided to stop at a dealership and see what they had just for fun. And there it was, the 2006 Acura RSX type S just sitting there next to a 2006 Honda Civic SI underneath the dim street light. Without a doubt I fell in love with the RSX by first sight alone. I couldn't wait for the next morning for the dealer to open and let me test drive the RSX. By time I started it up and drove a block down the road I knew for sure this car would be for me. Since then the only problem I really had with this car was the clutch, but that was due to the previous owner, it burnt out on my on a vacation that cost me a pretty penny to repair. I love my car and would recommend it to any one who is looking for a nice bang for their buck, affordable gas economy, and tons of ways to tune and upgrade for further enjoyment. PS, not meant to be a family car, so don't complain that the back seats are too small.

why did acura ever stop production of the rsx??

by from nc on June 15, 2010

for the price, one of the best cars ive driven. very responsive, the 4cyclinder engine has more than enough pep to get you where your going. the car moves in and out of traffic like a deer moves thru the woods. reliablity is excellent.. no problems. if you can find one for a decent price.. buy it..

One of the fastest V4 none Turbo cars.

by from Chicago, IL on April 7, 2008

Purchased a new Type S in 2006. I am completely satisfied with the car. Buy the car and you will not regret it. Short gears make the car very fun to drive. The car's design is more on a mechanical side, but who buys a sports car and wants full electronics in it? You Decide what you want: Sport VS Luxury. Go Go RSX :D

Great car, especcially for the cost.

by from Coppell, TX on February 18, 2007

Only flaw i found was the lack of mp3-cd playback. Mine been driven over 120mph many times never with any problems.

Japanese performance and reliability

by from Eagleville, PA on November 19, 2006

Having owned my 2006 Type-S for 6 months, it has been nothing but the fun, reliable car i expected it to be. In its stock form, the type-s handles well, and has enough pep to move well through traffic. Having replaced the stock airbox with an aem V2 intake, along with the stock cat-back exhaust with a magnaflow system, and also upgraded the suspension with a neuspeed rear sway bar, the car handles, and performs significantly better. This car already comes with a decent price tag, there's alot of value in this car. Montgomeryville Acura offered me 2grand under invoice without me even asking... so if you can find a similar deal, put what you save into this car, it won't treat you wrong, and it will be quite the sports coupe. One of the only known issues with the Type-S is a sporadic problem when shifting into third gear. The shifter will not always lock into the gear as it does throughout the rest of the gearbox. The resolution to this issue is to have your transmission fluid replaced with a synthetic transimission fluid. Try amsoil for best results, it takes less that 2quarts and is a cheap quick fix. Other than that, the car would benefit from a better sound system, although the in-dash cd player is quite nice. Seats are comfy and the interior is definitely geared to the driver. If you have any thoughts about this car, 2006 is the last year it will be in production as Acura is replacing it with the RDX. Take it for a spin, it's worth a look.

An Excellent Ride

by from Annapolis, Maryland on June 21, 2006

This is one excellent car for anyone who cares more than just getting from point A to point B, but rather getting there in style. The looks of the car are even better when you see it up close. It's very cleanly designed both interior and exterior. It's a head turner. The Auto-Manual transmission that I have is a nice feature; something you wouldn't normally see on a car that's priced this well. It's well equipped; even for the base. You get everything you would ever want in a sports hatch. Overall, if you're passionate about having a nice car that's comfortable but have a tight budget, this is the car you want to have.

No reason not to love this car

by from Louisville, KY on September 16, 2006

I have a base model DC5 (RSX) and for the base model this car handles excellent on the road. In a 1/8th mile I have pulled a best e.t. of 10.3410 @ 67.05 mph completely stock. The car has real good torque through 1st and 2nd gear , it pulls hard up to about 105mph. A couple of friends have the Type-s and they just walk me after 60mph. There happens to be a lot to offer for aftermarket performance parts for the Type-s. But JDM companies are starting to offer more for the base model. Everyone I wish you all good luck in purchasing a Honda, they are good reliable vehicles as I represent for the Integra (RSX) , and the civic's.

excellent car over all

by from west covina on March 27, 2007

it hadles well, good cornering, its reliable, good take off, nice gear ratio, looks sporty, has good resale value,

Couldn't be happier

by from Mentor, Oh on June 19, 2007

I bought my 2006 Acura RSX Type-S new, and I haven't had a single problem with it, I couldn't rave more about this car.

Fantastic car to drive!

by from Burlingame, CA on October 22, 2006

Fuel mileage is just about what is posted on the sticker. Takes corners well. Only negatives are the front bumper is too low (bumper burn), and you must overcome the blind spots, mainly over your left shoulder.