2008 TL

2008 Acura TL

2008 Acura TL

Have You Driven the 2008 Acura TL?

Love my carbon bronze TL !!!

by addicted to Acuras from Albany, NY on Tue Nov 27 2007

I got my new carbon bronze 08 TL in early November, and I have to say that I love the car so much that sometimes when I go to sleep at night I can't wait to wake up in the morning so I can drive it again. This is the most car for the money !!! Case closed !!! The BMW 3 series may handle better, the Lexus IS may have a more comfortable ride, and the Infiniti G35 may have more power, but the TL has a bit of each of those cars in it, that you can't really go against it. And besides, Acura and Honda are still number one when it comes to resale. And the thing I love about it is that everything comes standard on this car. 1,400 miles so far and no complaints, although sometimes I wish that it had a slightly bigger glove compartment as well as storage area inside the arm rest. But these are, of course, very minor flaws that I can live with. The car is great inside and out. I hear that it will be redesigned in 09 and that it will have AWD. However, keep in mind that the fuel economy is going to suffer with AWD. Now I am getting 23-24 miles a gallon while the car is still breaking-in. I would highly recommend this car to anyone !!!

Excellent car

by Ben from Long Island, NY on Thu Sep 04 2014

I bought this car when my '03 TL-S was vandalized and totaled. That one had 145K miles and never cost me a penny in the four years I had it. This '08 TL has many added features. It doesn't have the navigation pack, so there's no GPS, etc., but that's all right. The more you put into a car the more there is to break. This car only had 44K miles, so for an Acura that's brand new. The ride is firm and the car is very responsive. I haven't checked the specs, but it feels like it has more power than the TL-S. I look forward to the same kind of performance and value from this car as I had from my last one. Acura rocks!

Fantastic Car!

by George from CARY on Sun Jul 21 2019

Comfortable, quiet, safe & reliable! Smooth and strong acceleration! Good gas mileage (32 mpg/highway) with a smooth, made to last, V6 engine. 2008 was the last year this version of the TL was made. I would definitely buy it again!

Excellent All Around

by Jasond from Canton ga on Sat Jan 21 2017

I currently own a 2008 type s 6 speed manual. Love the car! I've had two 04 models(one was auto and one 6speed). No complaints about any of the 3 cars. Highly recommend the manual type s. More fun to drive in my opinion and slightly better on mpg's if you keep your foot out of the pedal. Basic maintenance performed and never any major problems out of 3 cars. Can not beat that! Do not hesitate to buy one of these cars if interested. Very doubtful you will run into any major issues. Check carfax and you will not go wrong

Incredible sports sedan

by cardaddy from Asbury, IA on Tue Mar 24 2020

"Sports sedan" is the right category for this car, which is defined by its incredible engine and performance. Luxury and comfort, while undeniably present in this car, are secondary to performance. This is noticeable in its somewhat stiffer ride, turning grip, engine and driveline tuning, braking, and low seating position within the vehicle. As a Honda product, it does what it was designed to do and does it well. Turn the key, it starts. Press the gas pedal, it goes, etc. It has all the creature comforts of a modern car save one - reliable Bluetooth connection. A common problem in these cars, the bluetooth module goes out and is expensive to replace. Remember that it is a 2008 and was on the leading edge of that technology in autos. Because it has an auxiliary in port, I just used that. Other features are excellent - memory seats, heated seats, dual auto climate control, one-touch front windows, one-touch sunroof, great sound system power seats, etc. etc. Two gripes - transmission and suspension. The trans still works well, but at times feels like it is hunting for the correct gear for the circumstances. In these instances, shifts are more abrupt than in others. But, with 139k, the transmission is still solid. The second is the suspension. As suspension components wore, it caused the tires to wear. No adjustability, only option was parts replacement. That became expensive very quickly. But, once fixed and a new set of skins, that great sports sedan performance was back in full force. If you want a cushy ride, this is not the car for you. If you want a stylish, luxury performance sedan with the reliability of a Honda, look no further.

Best car I’ve owned

by Thekamms from Dallas, Texas on Wed Oct 09 2019

Car was very reliable. Just routine maintenance done in the 8 years I owned it. Great mpg on the highway at almost 28 mpg. Used it as a daily driver for work.

Worst influential car for my driving record

by Ex-driver. Now Racer. from Rancho Cucamonga, CA on Mon Oct 26 2009

I purchased the 2008 TL 3 months ago due to it being a good deal. I had been shopping for a car for months and been to every German/Japanese dealership in town so I knew a lot about the IS's, the G's, the 3's, the C's, and the A's. Perceived bad: front wheel drive, mid 200's horse-power, and too many gadgets. Reality: this car has turned me into a want to be racer. I always find myself passing cars, changing lanes without turn signals, accelerating on ramps, and turning the volume up on the XM satellite radio. And at the end of a fun night in West Middle of Nowhere, I can tell my car to "go home" and it would show me the way! I think the TL is the best buy for its class and at the end of the day that's the bottom line in my book. I purchased a car that embodied luxury and performance for a VERY reasonable dollars. Bought the car Certified with 12900 miles. No complaints so far.

Decent car

by MadCammer from Hanford, CA on Sun Feb 08 2009

Comparing this car to my previous one is like night and day. I traded in a 2007 BMW 335i for this car (had to do it out of necessity for a bigger car in the 30k-40k price range). If I didn't need the room (or actually wanted to pay for a 5-series), I would not have traded my other car. It certainly is roomier. A lot of features for the money. However, there is significant torque steer but only when driving in the higher RPMs and accelerating hard. Short of doing that, the torque steer is really not all that bad. The other downside is the huge turning radius. I think this is the first sedan I've driven where I've had to complete a U turn in two steps. The transmission is a little slow to down shift and the manumatic function does not help. As for the ride, it rides very nicely. The sound system is awesome compared to the logic7 in the BMW. The bluetooth system is wonderful. The build quality could be a little better. Looking at the gaps between various body panels, I would've expected smaller gaps (a Nissan Altima has smaller gaps). Reliability has been phenomenal. Gas mileage is great. You can get 30+ MPG in the highway. We drove it cross country and averaged 30 MPG.

Funnest car ive owned

by tom from on Thu Feb 10 2011

This is a great car, its quick and sexy. Its smooth and aggressive when you want it to be. I highly recommend it especially for this price. Beware though if your like me you'll get a lot of speeding tickets.

Nice ride

by CarGuyWannabe from Denver, CO on Tue Jul 29 2014

I had to give up a 2000 Maxima 3 years ago because my wife wanted a new van. We traded in the Maxima, she got a 2011 Sienna and I got her 2004 Camry. The Camry was totaled in a hail storm recently and I got the okay from my wife to upgrade. I stayed away from Euros because I need something reliable. I had to look at used because I can't drop 30-40k on a car right now. I drove Maxima's, Altima's, Camry SE, G 35x, Subaru's and the TL was by far the best in terms of fit and finish, handling, performance, and comfort. It really is an entry level luxury car that can go as well. The exterior style is a little long in the tooth, but I can live with it, and really, it's not bad looking. I've been getting gas mileage that is a little better than advertised, 19 city and 29 highway, and that's a plus as well. I really shopped my TL, there are a lot of beat up ones out there. But if you shop well, and take a little time there are some very nice ones out there too!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2008 Acura TL

The 2008 Acura TL Type-S didn’t rock my world. I was really expecting sparks to fly, but I’m a few weeks away from giving birth and probably a bit crabby, which undoubtedly affects my worldview. While the car performed relatively well, there were too many things that disqualified it from being my perfect mommy-mobile. In short, the TL was fine, but not fabulous.

I drove the TL Type-S to Crested Butte, Colo., for the Fourth of July weekend, and my trip fell short in some respects, too. I know I sound implacable, so please don’t get me wrong – I’m not that hard to please. But I like things the way I like them, so when they’re not that way, I don’t like them... Read More