2008 TL

2008 Acura TL

2008 Acura TL

Have You Driven the 2008 Acura TL?

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!

by THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING from GREENWICH, CT on Sun Aug 12 2007

ACURA RULES! THIS CAR IS AWESOME. I BOUGHT IT AS MY 3RD CAR AND IT IS SO SMART. THE VOICE-RECOGNITION IS GREAT! IT IS A VERY SMART, GREAT-LOOKING VEHICLE. I COMPARED IT TO THE BMW 3-SERIES, LEXUS ES, AND INFINITY G37 AND THE ACURA TL/TL-S IS MUCH BETTER WITH FRONT/REAR ROOM, PERFORMANE, PRICE AND STANDARD EQUIPMENT. THE STANDARD EQUIPMENT ON THE ACURA IS UNBELIEVABLE. YOU GET SO MUCH THAT THESE OTHER MODELS LIST AS OPTIONAL. GREAT CAR!

Best in class

by Irfman from Algonquin on Sat Feb 03 2018

I have owned Acuras before but 2008 TL Type S is in a different class when it comes to performance. Perfect compromise between luxury and sportiness. I am really looking forward to spending more time behind the steering wheel.

All around solid car; spacious, powerful and sleek

by sunflower00 on Thu May 03 2018

please not i own the type-s. i olove this model! 286hp stock and the car looks beautiful! very sporty. it has special suspension, steering wheel, and brakes in addition to the improved engine and body kit/rims. only gripe about acura tl is the cheap leather they use for their interior. many tend to have problems with it. i think its made up by being fully loaded with technology. can't beat the price point and mechanical reliability in acura as well.

Very fun, high quality, too many gadgets

by gary from rural Washington state on Sat Feb 02 2008

I spent months researching and driving the competition. Have owned 2 other Acuras of old vintage and am sold on their durability. This car is so fun to drive and extremely comfortable. The power and speed is quite deceptive as the car is so quiet. The gadgetry is too high tech and offers too much that it's operation may be too complicated. Exterior styling is modest(to my liking). I hope the reliability is up to expectations!

Best car i had in a while .

by Kunta befin tefley from Manchester ct on Wed Sep 13 2017

It is a very good veichle it ran for me for almost 3 years then the transmission went . But hey atleast it lasted through the winters. I would definetly buy it again if I seen one

Acura’s reliability and style continue to impress.

by mbotting from on Sun Jan 14 2018

I’ve owned a total of 4 Honda Motors vehicles in my life. Every one has been at least on each mode ear newer than the last. My most recent 2008 Acura TL Type-S was the most impressive. It was the perfect ’hybrid’ (no pun intended) between luxury and sport; equipped with supple leather seats that don a cool, stitched ’Type-S’ logo, as well as a high-class, user-friendly dash board set up, to its unforgettable responsive 3.5L VTEC V6. All of this with the piece of mind that you’re driving a reliable, coat-efficient, Honda Motors vehicle. And oh yea - I got almost 30mpg on the highway!

Very strong and realible car Acura is known for it

by Saaami from Houston texas on Mon Jun 19 2017

The car is in excellent condition everything works perfect nothing wrong in it. Always have inspected and checked by Acura dealers

Best handling reliable good looking car I've own

by Bhino on Thu Aug 31 2017

This is a good car for anyone who wants something stylish but still in a cheap market its handle greats plenty of leg room for a sedan but also very fast

Most reliable car I’ve ever owned.

by Astrosworldchamps from Houston, TX on Sat Jan 13 2018

This car does the job. Great acceleration. The interior is sophisticated. It drives like a charm. I love it

Great Balance between Performance and Luxury

by Old Guy with Young Tastes from Philadelphia Metro Area on Fri Dec 28 2007

Just purchased Carbon-Bronze TL-S Type this past weekend. Car has the balance of what I was looking for; very fast response, solid handling, good reliability and loaded with up-to-date technical features. Traded in a GMC Envoy so it's going from the ridiculous to the sublime. At 4,500 pounds, the Envoy was like driving a cinder block in high winds. The TL-S feels like it's glued to the road. Has a very "Germanic" road feel. Minor Criticisms: I use the MP3 connection buried in the armrest storage box and am having difficulty running the wires out. There is no way to run the wires (that I can see) that doesn't cursh them against the sides of the container when the armrest is down. Should have keyless start (remote start) since it has everything else. Love: Voice command! Love: The fact that it automatically starts downshifting as you slow down so I don't have to keep dropping it into a lower gear range (like the Envoy). I haven't broken it in yet and have not pushed it any where near its limits, but I am sure that it will do just fine.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2008 Acura TL

The 2008 Acura TL Type-S didn’t rock my world. I was really expecting sparks to fly, but I’m a few weeks away from giving birth and probably a bit crabby, which undoubtedly affects my worldview. While the car performed relatively well, there were too many things that disqualified it from being my perfect mommy-mobile. In short, the TL was fine, but not fabulous.

I drove the TL Type-S to Crested Butte, Colo., for the Fourth of July weekend, and my trip fell short in some respects, too. I know I sound implacable, so please don’t get me wrong – I’m not that hard to please. But I like things the way I like them, so when they’re not that way, I don’t like them... Read More