2009 TL

2009 Acura TL

2009 Acura TL

Have You Driven the 2009 Acura TL?

Best Car I have ever owned

by St. Clair George from Pittsburgh, PA on Sun Jan 08 2012

Bought my TL in 2009 and have 41,000 miles on the car. I have had absolutely no problems at all. Have only had oil changed and tires. Every time I take it in for oil change I ask if my brakes are OK and they are. I can't believe it, most of the 41000 miles are city driving. I have never owned a car that I could go this long without something needing done, let alone brakes. By the way, I previously had 2 BMW's and a Lexus. I have always loved BMW's especially, but for what you get pricewise in the Acura it is a much better value. Anybody that ask's me, I tell them that it is the best car I have ever had.

Invigorating Performance + Stunning Looks

by JP2000 from Alexandria, VA on Fri Sep 25 2009

I applaud Acura for finally taking the lead with a fresh bold design for the TL. The car?s styling is simply brilliant--- inside and out. The superbly integrated Tech. package brings the car?s substance on par with its stunning looks. The car feels solid and stable at high speeds; torque delivery is instant and linear; the steering is precise; and the suspension delivers a taut sporty ride without feeling harsh on rough roads (thanks in part to the excellent choice of 245/50R17 Michelin tires). I also love all the goodies that come with the Tech. package---the hi-res. voice-activated nav. system, the backup camera, the keyless entry system, the 440 watt HDD-based audio system, HandsFreeLink, and the supple leather. And they?re all amazingly intuitive. For the last 15 years, I?ve only driven German cars. Before buying the TL, I also considered Audi A4 V6, BMW 535xi, VW CC VR6, Infiniti G37x, and the Lexus ES350. In this bunch, the only car that topped the TL w/ Tech. package was the ?09 VW CC VR6, but only if you could live with its two-seater rear arrangement ... and I could not! So, all things considered, my final analysis led me straight to the TL.

Acura Perfection TL

by RaYn_R1 from Boca Raton, FL on Thu Oct 01 2009

I had the Acura TL-S 07 and was convinced to move to the new one Acura TL 09. Didn't get very impressed because I loved the TL-S but how surprised I was when i test-drove the car. It was almost the same as my TL-S with more comfort and equipment. So I decided to move to the new Acura TL. Congratulation to Acura again! They've made the perfect car again!

2009 Acura TL-SHAWD w/Technology Package

by Honda/Acura Loyalist from Mason, OH on Tue Apr 14 2009

I have owned Honda's and Acura's since 1992. My latest was the 2004 Acura TL and after five years and 128,000 miles it was time for a new one. When I first saw the 2009 body style I was very disappointed. So disappointed that for the first time I decided to look at BMW and Infiniti as well. I test drove a 2009 335xi, 535xi, and Infiniti G37 Sedan. The 335xi was the best handling car I have EVER driven. I can see why enthusisasts are attached to this car. But it's too small for me. The 535xi was nice but not as fun as the 335. The Infiniti was very fast but the 7-speed was busy as reviewers have posted. All three cars lacked the same thing that the TL has. A oomfortable, modern, technologically rich interior. The BMWs' interiors were archaic compared to my 2004, let alone the 2009. The Infiniti's interior was bland and small. The radio was not as good as advertised. The 2009 TL is not as fun to drive as the 335 and is not as fast as the other three cars, however the Acura TL offers the best value and amenities for someone that drives 25,000 miles/year and enjoys both the driving experience and interior entertainment. I am very pleased with my purchase and now love the new body style. The wheels on the SH-AWD make it look 100 times better than the base model and the car looks very modern compared to the BMW's and Infiniti.

Erconomics

by Acura Loyalist from Portland on Wed Oct 03 2012

I have had many cars in the past and found this car to be one of the best I have owned. I like very much like the erconomic design of the interieor. Everything is laid out nicely and easy to reach. The exterior is very modern and is different which I like. Doesn't look like a typical car. I bought this car due to several reson and wanted to protecct my newborn. First It has a 5 star crash test side, front, and even scored acceptable with the new highway test, partial front side impact. Not many cars passed this test, especially luxary cars. I also factor the AWD as a safety feature that will help in car control in wet and snowy condition. The final factor is the reliability of Acura. I've owned a 2002 Acura RSX for over 12 years and have not had any major repair. Due to this experience I know I can not go wrong with this car.

Whoa, what a great buy!

by Sophknight from Beltsville, MD on Mon Jun 27 2011

I recently bought this vehicle and I am blown away by its performance and precision. I couldn't have asked for a better vehicle at my level in the game. I would've have loved to purchase a MB S550 but that is a whole lot of vehicle. Where as this vehicle is right up my alley and I don't miss a beat. Very stylish and it's accustomed to the stylish risk taker. Those who don't like the styling of this vehicle probably have never stepped out their comfort zone in anything they do anyways. My 2009 TL Tech has plenty of power and is very quiet. You won't be disappointed owning this vehicle and neither will your family or date be disappointed.

Great Car

by Jack1 from Minnesota on Tue Jun 07 2011

I must say. I looked high and low for the car that could offer the whole package - performance, feel, handling, comfort and price. This car is it. I am really impressed so far. While the competition in this class is tough, especially the Infinity M37, this car is at the top. Nice work Acura. Remember to put the car in manual and use the padels to shift. You can really feel the horsepower.

My dream car

by car lover from Johnson City, Tn on Thu Oct 28 2010

Great car...I love it! Been lusting over this car and finally got it. Not disappointed at all. Drive one and see for yourself.

Great Value - Drives like a BMW

by Capcar from Manchester, NH on Thu Jun 18 2009

The exterior design is not for everyone, but just about everything else is. Great drive, the tech package is fantastic, and its also a usable car for people with kids (I have 2 under age 5).

very Impressed

by On a Mission from TC, NY on Sun Nov 30 2008

After driving in an SUV for the last 15 years, it was time to go back to a sedan. My search started with 10 choices ranging from the Chevy Malibu to BMW's 3 series. As I visited each dealer I quickly narrowed down my final choices based on price, styling and driving enjoyment. While I admit to being influenced by the styling of the car, I compared each vehicle with the same features and wanting to keep the 36 month l5k/year lease with $0 money down to $ 500/mo. First up was the CTS w/AWD, while I love the styling and even with its $10k rebates, I could not get the price under my limit. Next was BMW's 328xi, while strickly being sold by its reputation and since I'm 6'1" and 230 lbs. I knew comfort wise this was not the car for me. Next was Audi's redesigned A4, with its reputation, its styling had something to be desired and its price got itself eliminated quickly from my list. I then took a look at VW's new CC w/FWD. Very nice looking car, a little expensive but I was gun shy about a first year car. The same goes for the redesigned Maxima w/ sports pkg. Beautiful car and very expensive, I just didin't want to be the cars first ginnie pig. The same went for the Mercedes 300C, a little stiff for taste and pricey. I took a glance at the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Saturn Aura and knew right away I'd be basing my choice strictly on cost and would be unhappy in no time and unless the $ 100/mo. was important I just could be satisfied and settling on any of those cars. I finally narrowed my choice to the G35x and the Acura TL. The '08 G35x was being offered since they were holding back the '09's since the dealers had excess inventory. The styling has been somewhat played out and the interior was a little snug but the car handled great. The final price was about $25/mo less then the '09 TL I went with. This is the first Japanese car I've driven since my Datsun 300z. For the money the car offeres everything one would want in a sports/luxury car. The tech package has a lot to offer but at $ 3500 extra I couldn't justify it. Even my kids were impressed by the look of the car and the way it handles. I'm sure I'll be happy for the next 36 months with my decision.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2009 Acura TL

There's no overstating how important the 2009 TL is to Acura. The luxury brand from Honda has had a tough time over the past few years, with lackluster sales of its SUVs, the MDX and RDX. Its flagship RL sedan recently went under the knife after a run of dismal sales. The brand's most recent success was the redesign of the entry-level 2009 TSX sedan.

Even with sales down 22 percent so far this year, the TL is still the company's best-selling model. The 2009 TL takes a lot of its design cues from Acura's SUVs and its TSX, but what will make it a winner is what has always been a strength for Acura: value teamed with performance.

Get past the looks (or drool over them, depending on your point of view... Read More