2004 Acura Tsx

Sporty, Luxurious & Reliable - Great Value

by from Naperville, il on August 31, 2017

I'm considering buying another one! It's an exceptional mid-size sedan that provides a great mix of sporty styling, luxury and outstanding reliability.

Best car I've ever owned

by from Leominster, Ma on July 20, 2017

This car has all the bells and whistles I was wanting along with a great look and a well known name for reliability

Uses car for Transportingfamily

The best car

by from New Jersey on July 16, 2017

Its the best maintained car with the lowest mileage you will ever find. You have to see and drive to believe it. (And I am not saying that because I own the car) The car is in excellent condition and looks as though it just drove NEW out of the dealership.

Uses car for Havingfun

one of the best

by from on May 19, 2017

The car exceeds my expectation.. so much fun to drive and a proud owner. Very spacious inside and elegantly designed outside.. you will absolutely love it.

Excellent Car !

by from Upstate New York on July 24, 2015

I just purchased this car for my son for his first car. it Has 95k on and drives like a new car. I drove 2 1/2 hours to buy the car and it was well worth the ride. I drove the car home and had a blast driving it. handles well it's comfortable to drive torque is okay fro a 4 cyl. I highly recommend this car.

Best used car buy!

by from aberdeen, wa on May 21, 2014

Nice, Friendly people. Not pushy at all, not like other places I went to. They worked hard to find me a bank to finance me. I recommend this dealer!

Best Sports Sedan in class for the money!!!

by from Green Bay, Wisconsin on February 26, 2014

Bought the 6 speed manual. Slick shifting transmission, very easy clutch travel and engagement points. Honda makes the best Manual transmissions hands down! Quick rev happy engine! Bullet proof K24A1 tuned for mid range torque and high output at top end! It is a blast to drive. VTEC kicks in hard when you down shift, and the car takes off like a bat! This car is simply a pleasure to drive, and handles like a RWD with practically no under-steer. The chassis is stiff, and the suspension is tuned greatly, makes the car feel planted at all times. Steering feel and response is right on! Everything about the car speaks of precision, and if you're obsessive compulsive and very detail oriented, you will be more than satisfied! The Cons: Year specific for this model, the engine does burn oil. HOWEVER, previous owner switched to AMSOIL signature 5W30, and it burns not a single drop! So it's more or less the quality of the oil that is the factor! Front Control Arms was going bad, and had to replace them. As well as the rear sway bar links. However, that's to be expected for a car of this age. It still handles like it's on rails, and drives like a new car after 175k miles! I honestly don't think you can find a better car for the money any where else! Those Japanese know what they're doing! Which by the way everything on the car is made and assembled in JAPAN! Quality control is >100% over there! The RPM stays at a lofty 3k RPM in 6th gear on the highway but that's to be expected of a close ratio transmission on a 4 banger. Gas mileage is still the best in class at 24 MPG city/ 30 HWY, and as a matter of fact, 3-4k RPM is the sweet spot on this car for balance of speed and power as well as efficiency. The engine is very well balanced, and silky smooth throughout the rev range, you can keep the engine revs high and you won't even notice it. This engine loves high revs! Torque is great and more than sufficient for this car, you can feel the butt dyno still register as high up as 5th gear! Whereas on other cars would require a downshift! Recommendations: Switch the OEM tires for a more stickier tires, and get a lighter set of wheels. You can thank me later when the car feels even quicker/better! Hondata/KPRO ECU reflash will make the car's VTEC engagement lower at a more usable 5k RPM. Nope that's not the sound of a turbo spooling under the hood. It's the sound of air being rapidly compressed and sucked in through the intake as it opens up to max capacity at that point, all the way to 7.3K RPM! KPRO will keep the power band in VTEC after an upshift, dramatically improving acceleration. Mind you, the car was quick enough already before, so hold on to your seats! Sounds really nice on the highway too! For the money, performance, handling, luxury amenities, reliability, and overall build quality of parts and craftsmanship/design. This is the best car anyone can buy for the money! Overall really happy with purchase! No regrets!

Best car I've Owned

by from Dallas, TX on January 31, 2014

I'm not sure what happened to the guy with issues after 50k, but I guess not even Honda can make every car perfect. I however, have had no problems. We did have the lock actuator issue, but that was covered under warranty, and then we had a seat belt sensor issue, covered by manufacturer. Other than that, no issues, and best car I've owned. I have had several brands: Cadillac, Chevy, BMW, Audi, VW, and Honda/Acura. Of all the vehicles I've owned, my honds/acuras have been my favorite and most reliable. The only ones to come close is the Audi and BMW. This TSX, however, tops them all. I would recommend this car to anyone. Love it.

Great for the first 50K miles then a headache

by from Fairfax, VA on January 3, 2014

My 04 TSX was a great car for the first 50K miles. But quickly after that many problems started to arise and it's not normal wear and tear but design failures to the car. First the auto door locks for the front and passenger doors stopped working. The door acuators both went bad. Then, the back lighting for the radio and Navi went out. It was a computer board that went bad. Then the clutch master cylinder started to make this awful squeek and click noise. Finally, the a noise when shifting into first gear is diagnosed to be the clutch throwout bearing going bad. I use to love Honda/Acura cars. They are the only cars I've ever drove, but the long term reliability of my TSX has changed my opinion. I'm sinking thousands of dollars into my TSX so that I can drive it safely. I expected more from Acura but I'm sad to say this will be my last Honda made vehicle.

Good Car

by from Toronto, Ontario on December 8, 2013

Black with beige leather 5 speed automatic. Bought this car with about 118,000 miles 2 years ago. I was the second owner i have about 164,663 miles on it now. Overall it is a beautiful car, nice leather and wood trims in the inside. Car still gives good performance. Only problem i have faced was the passenger door actuator dying on me and also the center stereo console back light just stopped working. Besides the electrical the motor and drive is still very good.