2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

4.1
Average based on 28 reviews

Get 1

by from Minneapolis, MN on January 28, 2012

Well, I have a 2002 A4 3.0L Quattro-with Premium Sports Package. What an amazing ride! Get one if you can find one. Haven't seen too many of them. More 'base models' around versus the Premium Sports. Anyway, this is a sweet ride. Quattro is extremely prepared to handle all different kinds of road conditions. It will never embarrass you when you have a passenger(s), let alone when you're by yourself. Paddle shifters are fun when you want to exert manual control over the transmission. I drive mostly on Sports mode or ShiftTronic and is so much fun! Please be careful and don't be reckless! You will most certainly be easily tempted to speed! Exterior is handsome. I think the B6 model of the A4 and even S4 looks better than all its predecessors. In other words, don't be surprised when you receive a lot of compliments! You may experience some mechanical problems here and there, but they are usually very solvable. Try and purchase an extended warranty if you get an older version and so forth either way. FINALLLY, enjoy your commutes! Try and learn how all the features in your vehicle work in a very harmonious manner, and enjoy the experience!

Most exciting and reliable car ive ever owned

by from Poughkeepsie,ny on August 26, 2012

This car is alot of fun. I love waking up to go to work. Sometimes i take the longer way just so i have a little extra drivin time. Hhahahaha

My First Car

by from Miami, FL on June 22, 2013

My mom bought me this car as my first. It is amazing as far as i can say. It's dependable and makes everything so comfortable to do. it's a fun ride to school and to work. i love this car

A great drive

by from Louisville, KY on March 6, 2012

The car is very solid for its age. Fun to drive and a little different than the majority of others in its class.

Best Car for the money!

by from Fargo ND on April 30, 2010

I work at a dealership and drive every car out there on a daily basis. Well when I drive an Audi my heart skips a beat! This Audi A4 3.0L Quattro sedan is the most entertaining vehicle I have ever owned! Each day after driving tons of new vehicles I get excited to drive home in my Audi. Definately would purchase this vehicle again and again... I will be buying a newer Audi in the next few years!

Great Car!

by from PA on August 15, 2008

Bought this car used and love it. No problems,nice handling, good features, and nice styling. Only a few minor scratches on it when i bought it but nothing that big of a deal. If you want a sporty audi get an a4.

German Perfection

by from Lewisberry, PA on May 1, 2010

There's not a whole lot more to say, try one and you'll be hooked. If you want a economical running car, get the 1.8 4 cyl turbo and do great mileage to your expensive gallon and still you can feel yourself in a "sports car" with the option to, next to the automatic gearbox, shift by hand and drive like a pilot in a F-1 car. (tip tronic) if on top of that you get the AWD you're in car-heaven! I feel the American Car-makers can learn a lot from the Germans. Auf Wiedersehn!

A4 Q 1.8t

by from Thousand Oaks, CA on April 26, 2009

Got this one brand new in 2002, and have never looked back. Other than the few minor electrical glitches that seem to forever haunt all Audi's, this one was one for the record books. A very safe vehicle, it also wants to be driven. It hugs the driver in all the right places, and when needed, the engine and powertrain respond in a flash. I am very happy to say that I love this car.

Fun car to drive

by from North Jersey on January 20, 2010

This car still looks great for an 02 and drives like new. I still like this car over my other 2 new ones. I would recommend the 3.0L v6 as it has more power than the smaller turbo engine and is must less money to maintain. The only drawback is that Audi dealer service in NJ is horrible. They do not konw what they are doing and charge 3X what they should. I now use a local German car mechanic and pay next to nothing for quality repairs. Over 3 years, mine depreciated only $5. Good value.

Least reliable car I've ever owned

by from Chicago, IL on October 6, 2006

Extremely poor mechanical and electronic reliability. Very poor customer service from Audi. I will never consider another Audi and have been turned off by German cars in general. This car was an EXTREME disappointment.