NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2018 Q5

2018 Audi Q5

2018 Audi Q5

Have You Driven the 2018 Audi Q5?

Hope it's the best SUV on the road.

by ES Silver SUV from Glenview, Illinois on Wed Sep 20 2017

I had an Audi A6 sedan for 17 years and took lovingly care of it but felt it was time to trade it in and bought the Audi Q5. The Audi A6 had very little mileage and thought I would get a better trade in for it . The Audi Q5 seems to be a great car but so different from what I have been used to. So far I am very pleased with it and the salesman has been very helpful if I have questions about the navigation system or anything else. So far, so good! but an expensive SUV.

Has best ride and super design

by Jacek W from Treasure Island,FL on Mon Oct 09 2017

Fantastic design,very comfortable drive like sedan. Will recommended to my friends. Price should be bellow $36000.

Fun car to drive

by Grammie G from Milwaukee, WI on Thu Jun 15 2017

'This car is enjoyable to drive and provides the safety measures I was looking for. It's also bigger than my Q3 so it's a more comfortable ride.

It’s okay.

by Dta677 from Melbourne, Florida on Tue Oct 31 2017

I have been a huge audi fan, most of my life. I leased a 2018 Q5 a few months back. One thing I like is that it doesn’t attract a lot of attention like some luxury vehicles do. It’s very comfortable, and well built. Reliable I haven’t had any issues so far, and the dealership takes care of everything. One thing I thought is that it’s a little pricey for what you do get. You can get a comparable SUV from mercedes, BMW or Porsche. So make sure you check out all of your options. The sound system is amazing. It has plenty of power, and room for kids or whatever else you may have. I do really enjoy this vehicle.

The Best Q5 Ever!

by AjayAudiFan from Framingham, MA on Sat May 20 2017

Audi 2018 Q5 by far exceeded all my expectations I was looking for in a luxurious SUV! I earlier owned an Audi 2016 Q5 as well. The 2018 is by far the best! It has amazing power and at the same time is earth friendly and uses fuel efficiently! Has the best tech features and has an overall comfortable and luxurious feel. The seats are plush and the steering wheel feels great.

Not what I expected

by James from Austin, Tx on Sun Jan 07 2018

Pluses are the wonderful B & O sound system, acceleration', and the overall feel when driving. On the minus side is an overly stiff ride, noisy Continental tires, and wind noise from the side mirrors. Also the stop-start feature is very noticeable and annoying. The ventilated sport seats are very uncomfortable. Firm and I call them lumpy because of the uneven feel. If you must have a Q5 I suggest ordering the Prestige model with the thicker glass to give you a quieter ride, plus it is a better deal than the Premium Plus with more features for about the same money.

2018 Q5 from Mexico

by Callsign from CA on Tue May 22 2018

This is my 1st German car and last one. Huge disappointment with cheaply made 2018 Q5. Luxury??After 5 mos ownership, nothing exciting about a stiff riding vehicle, noisy suspension. The doors especially cheap hard plastic and creak everytime the door clised. How could Audi call this a Luxury suv? There are so many other higher quality vehicles for much less cost. The windows have a mind of their own. Open a little, then try to close, window cycles all the way down. ABS clicking upon warm up, really? Why? Then the kicker is the MMI with muliple sub menus, why do I need so many ways to control a single function? Overly complicated and dangerous driving. Q5 crap from Mexico.

Excellent driving car

by munsoro from Washington Crossing, PA on Fri Aug 17 2018

Perfect for a family with no children. Back seat a little crowded if you haul teenagers. A great driving car with little road noise with excellent front seat comfort and visibility. All the latest safety devices. Excellent turning radius versus larger Suv's.

Worst car I've ever had.

by Frusterated Audi Owner from Sarasota, FL on Tue Jan 09 2018

We bought this car new in October 2017. It has less than 7,000 miles. I cannot wait to get rid of it! You need a PhD to understand the technology in it! Our salesperson talked us out of getting navigation since you can use Apple Car Play instead. I would urge anyone considering this car to GET THE NAVIGATION! Our huge mistake!! If you don't have good cell service, or you haven't restarted your phone in a while, then you have no navigation. Other issues we've had include the joy stick not registering on the display. You could turn the joystick but with no result on the display. I also really dislike that whatever you are listening to in the car does not stop when you stop the car, it continues until you open the door. Also, your audio doesn't automatically go back to what you had been listening to, you have to set it up each time. Another huge annoyance is that when I have my phone plugged into the Apple Car Play and am on a phone call, the display on the dash tells me that I cannot currently make a call, that I must use bluetooth. I'm on the phone when it is telling me this!! We also have had one issue after another with this car. On a road trip, the gas tank absolutely would not open. I had to call the dealer and have them walk me thru manually opening the tank. Overall, it has been one headache after another.

Audi Owner

by Audi Owner from Shrewsbury on Tue Apr 25 2017

Beautiful exteriors, and interior design. Mileage - appalling!! (23 city and 27 hwy) Not worth trading in my 2014 for this one. The virtual cockpit is overrated!

Our Take on the 2018 Audi Q5

The verdict:

Audi’s new 2018 Q5 is comfortable, luxurious and loaded with advanced safety tech.

Versus the competition:

While it’s a little pricier than most direct competitors, its luxurious appointments, high-tech cockpit and plentiful room make the Audi Q5 stand out.

The second generation of Audi's mid-size SUV has arrived just in time to capitalize on the exploding popularity of the vehicle's compact SUV class. Competition has only gotten stiffer, but buyers have become more numerous, so Audi's timing couldn't be better to drop this redesigned 2018 Q5 onto our streets.

The new Q5 is a little longer, a little taller and a little bigger inside than the SUV it replaces (compare the 2017 and 2018 models here), and it features a new interior, more technology and simplified choices of drivetrains, as well. The performance-oriented SQ5, which was also redesigned for 2018, is covered separately.

The last Q5 was a competent, well-executed luxury... Read More