Model Details

2004 BMW 325 Consumer Reviews

Average based on 28 reviews

GREAT sporty, reliable, AWD car ever owned

by from New York on April 11, 2010

I have a 2004 Alpine White BMW 325xi (Cold Package) that I brought in September 2007 with 46k miles. I now have almost 69k miles (2 1/2 years later) and the car is in such good condition. The DSC (Dynamic stability control) is such a pleasure to have. It helped me so much in the snow storms here in new york. I never have ever got stuck in it and never slided. The heated seats are so nice to have on cold days. The handling on a bmw is beyond anything I have ever driven. Its stiff and makes it feel like your hugging the road. It has such nice cornering like you wouldnt believe it. I guess thats why they say its the Ultimate Driving Machine. I have never had a major mechanical problem with my car EVER! Yes you have to replace brakes, wipers, tires etc but that is common. They are also expensive to repair if you dont have a warrenty like me because mine expired last year. I have spent overall at least 4k on maintance since owning this car. Oil changes are expensive (if you use good syntheic oil every 5k miles). Try googling MOD parts for your BMW if you want to do it your self because its alot cheaper. Overall I love my bimmer and I wouldnt trade it for anything. My e46 will be with me untill it dies or I die lol. Note: Be prepared for expensive repairs if you go without a warrenty. Other than that like my title says GREAT sporty, reliable, AWD ever OWNED!

Great performance, value and reliability

by from Upstate NY on November 12, 2012

I have owned my 2004 325xi for over a year now and I can't say enough about it. It has great styling on the outside and understated elegance on the inside. Under the hood, the in-line six delivers smooth, hesitation-free power at the tap of the gas pedal. Moving off the on ramp onto the freeway and I'm going 55 to 85 in a blink of an eye. The connection between the engine and transmission is an engineering marvel; the shifting is flawless and the transfer of power is immediate. I bought it with only 42,000 miles on it and have added 10,000 over the past year. I've rotated the tires, changed the oil and that's it. On back country roads I get 26-27 mpg and on the highway I get 30-31 (at an avg 70mph.) It helps to get the great gas mileage as you must use premium in the car. Don't listen to anyone who says you can get away with midgrade; it's just not true. Ask any mechanic and they'll tell you the same. I've owned many cars over the years, but have never had one like this that makes you smile every time you turn the key and start driving; it's a thrill you just don't get tired of... Thank you, BMW.

Loving the Bimmer

by from Knoxville, TN on May 11, 2010

I've had my 325Ci for about a month now and will never look back. I regret not getting the larger engine because of the horsepower difference, but other than that, I have no complaints. The car handles beautifully, and gives me the ability to tightly take corners without worry of it not holding the turn. By far the most fun car I've owned, and is a big change from the Infinity Q45 and the GMC Yukon that I've owned previously, and great on gas, great on looks. The convertible is nice just in time for the summer and is wonderful. The thing that I like most about the BMW 3 series line is that most people can't tell what year it is since BMW hasn't changed body styles drastically within the past couple of years which is a definite plus.

Exceptional Automobile

by from Tampa, FL on August 24, 2010

I always had wanted a BMW. Never did I imagine it would be this exciting. I love driving to work everyday, and the grocery store, gas station, or just for the fun of it. Despite being a 2004, people still think I drive a new BMW. It is a V6 with 185hp, but has the torque to get this thing moving. If you are looking for a race car, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a car that makes you feel like you are in the autobahn, then this is for you. Handling and braking are uncomparable. Gas mileage is great! Maintenance can be pricey if the car isn't properly cared for. All in all, a great great car.

best engineered car that I have owned

by from Morton, IL. on September 10, 2012

Our other car Is a 2003 Buick Park Avenue- Ultra. This car has very rarely been driven in snow and always kept in the garage in winter. Under the car it looks like a rusty bucket while the outside is in showroom condition. I have ( 8 ) coats of Mothers paste wax on the outside under the hood and trunk lid. My ( BMW ) has minute rusting. Now the car makers don't understand why more people are buying cars made in Korea-Japan -Germany- ect. Also my ( BMW ) Is only I year newer than the Buick. I know a person in Bloomington IL. that has a ( BMW ) and has registered 225.000 miles on It.

What a Car!

by from Roseville, CA on August 5, 2012

Amazing car to drive in every way. Handling is awesome and great power for the engine size. You have to drive one to really understand why people love them so much.

Most enjoyable car that I've owned

by from Reston, VA on August 10, 2007

I brought my 2004 325I with 15,000 miles on it. the car handles great on the highway. The highway gas mileage has averaged 32 to 34 miles to the gallon on trips to Charlotte, NC and Hartford, CT. (cruising at 70 to 75 miles an hour). I added the the ipod adapter which works great. BMW service has been outstanding (car has another 500 miles left under the factory warranty and I will have to wait to see how the extended warranty works). Fun to drive, comfortable, and the handling is great above the speed limit. Love this car and plan to get another BMW when I'm in the market again. First foreign car that I ever brought and it is great.

BMW 325xi

by from on July 1, 2013

I bought this car for a family member, but I almost wish I had bought for myself. Comfort level was unbelievably compared to most other cars; repair cost also is unbelievable compared to other cars. That being said i was able to part with the car.Small gasket......$35,.....include labor at BMW dealer.......$400+. Incredible car but if something ever goes wrong, you'll need a bank loan.

AMAZING

by from LA,CA on March 27, 2010

This is an amazing car. It is reliable and surprisingly fast. The ride is also very smooth and the handeling is very capable.

A 'Can't Miss'

by from Central Europe on January 26, 2009

Do yourself a favor and buy the BMW instead of the Infiniti. It is SUPER SMOOTH and very quite, with an excellent stereo system and top shelf materials. WELL worth the money!