1999 Bmw 328

Fun, sporty car with classic looks

by from NYC, NY on May 22, 2017

It was a great car that has a lot of pep and personality. As expected, some maintenance was required but it offers a spirited drive with unmatched looks.

Will Last Forever if Maintained Properly

by from Suffield, CT on April 5, 2017

Had this car for about a year now after selling my Civic. Bought the car with 160k and have put around 20k on the car since. So far have only spent around $200 on maintenance between replacing the radiator and hoses and the coolant expansion tank. Also replaced the water pump while I had the radiator out as preventative maintenance as the cooling systems in these cars are known to go. Haven't had any other major problems. Car is extremely comfortable and has a lot of nicer interior features than my 2007 Honda Civic did and the car is almost 20 years old. They're known to last forever as long as you keep up on normal wear and tear maintenance and make sure the fluids are always filled. Love the car and don't think I'll ever buy anything but a BMW!

Brown M W

by from Northern suburbs of Chicago on July 22, 2014

Fantastic car, handles and looks like a dream. Mechanical problems can be major and difficult to correct for the average mechanic but my dad is a BMW mechanic and solved everything. When I bought it used it had electrical problems which can be a nightmare. But my dad (BMW mechanic) was able to take care of ,them.

This car hugs you ll

by from virginia on April 19, 2011

My review should be for a 328i BMW NOT a 528! Sorry about that, somehow hit the wrong model. See my review for this vehicle titled This car hugs you....it really does. I throughly enjoyed this car.

best car ever

by from sacramento, ca on February 13, 2011

love everything about this car, i would suggest you get one, more fun to drive than anything , safe fast , more reliable than a honda

328i with Sport Package

by from Frederick, MD on January 30, 2011

You would be hard pressed to find another car in this class that gives one more driving enjoyment. It is evident that this car was built for the driving experience. Handling is excellent. With the sport package you get the upgraded suspension and interior appointments that make this feel like a true sport/luxury car. This car begs to be driven hard through the curves but can also make long trips in comfort. The engine runs smooth and has adequate power for the daily grind. Fuel economy is reasonable, about 25 mpg on average, but premium fuel is suggested. That said, this car may not be for everyone. Reliability was a major concern for me. During the 2 years I owned the car I had more than a handful of mechanical problems, including replacing the brake calipers at 65,000 miles and replacing the ignition switch. Also, I had a water leak inside the car that soaked the rear floor, which was never solved. The engine light would come on and go off from time to time for no known reason. Overall, this is a great car if you don't mind dealing with a few mechanical issues.

A great convertible now past its prime:

by from Southern Michigan on September 11, 2010

I love the comfort, performance and styling of this car. It now has 150k miles. Mechanically, the engine and transmission are flawless. I replaced the clutch at 140k, but this is probably a function of how it was driven before i had it. The convertible top is unreliable and not able to be serviced by the home mechanic. I've had more troubles with this top than anything else. Heating and cooling system is baffling without any sensible control at this point only on or off. I still really enjoy driving this car. I even drive it winters now with 4 winter tires and traction control it does great with a little weight in the trunk.

smooth drive

by from chicago, IL on August 13, 2010

had a car like this one before, i never had any problems of getting stranded. It is a great car to have

Keep it forever

by from Ohio on February 10, 2009

Bought it certified from BMW dealer. Drove it as my company car. Always enjoyed it on trips. I agree AC could be stronger and small repairs can be high at dealership. However, strong motor and fun to drive. Our BMW has found a home for a long time.

Coolest Car I've Ever Owned.

by from long Beach, CA on May 4, 2008

Great Car! We had the one with huge wheels, Green Exterior. It was a dream to own. BMW has one of the best maintenance programs & warranty.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Bmw 328