2007 Bmw 530

Very nice car

by from Salt Lake City on September 18, 2017

This car is amazing I wish I actually had the money to buy cause it's comfortable it's fast an reliable.bmw is a car I love an enjoy to ride in.
Not Rated Reliability

Best Affordable Luxury car I've ever owned

by from Akron, OH on September 15, 2017

I love this car since the day I drove off from the dealership. Exterior is like so advanced for 2007 model. There are plenty of power to get up and go and man that Straight six is so smooth. It's roomy inside but it lags a bit for driver's side leg room. I have a hard time fitting in but I could back up and solve it. Other than that the car drives very smooth and quiet. I only do the oil changes and tire rotations. I don't need to do an expensive fix yet. For all I love the car and anyone who's looking for an old luxury car without scraping the wallet, this be the best for the budget!

Have never experienced on road troubles

by from CA on August 15, 2017

The most reliable vehicle ever had, never disappointed me, has great comfort, powerful and above all good on gas :)

Most reliable car I've owned.

by from Woodstock on August 14, 2017

This car met all my needs and is very comfortable. It has a lot of legroom in the front and back. The ride is great and smooth.

Most reliable car I've owned.

by from Woodstock on August 14, 2017

This car is very comfortable and has a lot of legroom in front and back. It is powerful and smoothly. The sound is great.

The most reliable BMW you can get

by from CA on May 14, 2017

Love this car so much, had a 2004, now hopefully getting a 2007. I only had one issue with the radio and it turned out because I spilled water in the trunk and there's a micro power module there so I got a new one because that was fried and relocated it. But awesome powerful car, transmission so smart !

This wagon is so versatile and such fun to dri ve

by from Carlsbad, Ca on May 8, 2017

This vehicle is well designed, has all the newest technology, has a lot of power and, in general, is a lot of fun to drive.

2007 530i - 6-speed Sport Package

by from Knoxville, TN on January 4, 2017

Previous vehicles: E46 2003 330i 5-speed, E39 528i 5-speed, F-body Camaro Z28 Bought a used E60 530i 6-speed sport package w/118K miles. It's extremely satisfying to drive. I'm a lead-footed driver and this car has ample power to satisfy me around town and on the highway. Feels like it has more torque than the advertised 220 lb-ft. The 20-way adjustable seats are extremely comfortable. The negative reviews about the active steering aren't reasonable/fair - in fact active steering feels great - light around town and firm on the highway. Suspension and brakes are a fantastic combination. Negatives - Without navigation, the iDrive system isn't necessary - it removes necessary functions from the dash (e.g. the quick cold/hot air mix on previous models and pre-set radio tools) for no good reason. Horrible cup holders are a staple of BMW - so that's there. Hmmm...that's it. Advice if you're shopping for an E60 5-series: -If you want to play music from your phone - check for the aux input inside the arm rest. It's an option. -Having a screen in the center of the dash does not mean you have navigation. Check for the option if you want it. Same goes for backup sensors. -Heated seats are not standard - this is a part of the cold weather package. Check for the heated seat buttons next to the ash tray -Get the sport package at all costs if you can; the sports seats are worth it, plus you get nice 18-inch wheels/tires. Overall, do not hesitate to buy an E60. Highly recommended and worth the value. Just stick to the 2006/2007 530i or 528i models WITHOUT the turbo - less problems and maintenance costs and still a pleasure to drive. Go for it. You're welcome.

my review

by from Chatt, TN on February 6, 2015

This car is one of the best driving BMWs still available. The 06 and 07 530's have great power and good mpg. I have had no issues with my 07 530i other than 1 window regulator and a steering part that I was able to repair myself. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned and would recommend to anyone w/ mileage under about 100,000. Any higher miles are subject to oil and other leaks where seals and gaskets go bad.

HORRENDOUS BACK BREAKING SEATS

by from Northbrook, IL on August 3, 2013

I was hopeful when I found a 2007 BMW 530xi with low miles and in excellent condition that I had found the perfect blend of elegance, safety, reliability, and performance along with fuel efficiency. The car is sporty in appearance and the interior looks hopeful. However, on a 10 minute test drive one cannot know how unbelievably terrible the seats are in this car. I have countless cars over 30 plus years of driving including 4x4 pick ups with lift kits, Jeeps, and Porsche sports cars. I have owned Cadillacs, Mercedes, Infinitis, Honda, Volkswagens, Dodges, Chevrolets, etc. I can honestly say this car has the WORST SEATS I HAVE EVER SAT ON IN ANY VEHICLE. It is rather unfortunate because the car frame, steering, handling is wonderful but I cannot wait to get out of this car and get home when I drive it. In fact, the seats are so horrendous I called the dealer I purchased the vehicle from in Chicagoland and let them know I want to trade the car back and get something else. I don't care what it COST! This is something I cannot live with for even 30 days. I cannot imagine BMW would produce and go to all the trouble to make a smooth running car and then scrimp and cheat the driver on the most important part of the driving experience, the seat his/her butt sits on. Come on BMW. This is the ultimate BACK BREAKING MACHINE. I cannot understand how anyone would own this car. Beyond me, I thought about swapping the seats out but on a used vehicle this makes no sense. I am hopeful the dealer will working something out that is fair with me and find a different buyer who may have a love for hard, fake leather seating that feels like sitting on a vinyl park stool at a little league baseball game. In fact, I can honestly say the hard bleachers at baseball games are actually more comfortable than these seats. WOW! As far as other dislikes, the cup holders are cheap and in the wrong locations, the storage is skimpy and poorly laid out, the steering wheel does not move into optimal driving position, and the radio and overall control features are sup bar at best. I recently rented a Kia Optima on a long car trip and I would rate that car a 10 on performance, gas economy, and comfort while rating this car that costs nearly two times as much new as a 1 on comfort and a 8 on performance and a 6 on economy. My overall rating is about a 4 for this car. Stay away unless you love punishment of your back and neck when you drive.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Bmw 530