2007 Bmw 530

Great car

by from Dallas on May 24, 2011

Great car. Great performace and luxury. Ideal for people who love good engineering and the comfort. Highly recommended.

Nice Sedan

by from Boston, MA area on February 13, 2012

Bought Used with 25K miles in Jan 2012. Bought 530xi version with a 6 SPD MT. - Drives well. Pleasure to drive. - Comfortable even for tall folks. - Back seat is decent sized for a mid-sized sedan. Fits - 4 good sized adults in front/back seats. - Excellent gas mileage (23-24 mpg combined, 20 city, 27+ Highway) for such a peppy and powerful engine (255 HP). Engine is very smooth. Mid 6 seconds to 60 from a stop. - Quiet cabin, but not super quiet. - Big trunk -Navigation package appears to work well - Voice command appears to work well - I have split folding rear seats. Very desirable option- - Exterior door lighting nice feature, but not must have. Aspects that I don't like. - Standard Sound system marginal. Okay sounding, but I have heard many better in less expensive cars. - Comfort access keys need to be programmed at dealer and dealer charges ~$150 to do. My car came with only one key, so I had to buy another for $175 and if I wanted it to have the comfort access controls, another $150 for programming. - Display when playing radio or CD doesn't have song title/artist at least for Standard Radio. - No Visor sunglasses holder or any sunglasses holder. - Poor cup holders. Won't hold anything easily except a 12 ounce can can or 12 oz cup. - Cup holders in awkward position. - No coin holder - iPod /Aux plug (optional) in arm rest on side near back seat and not in dash area - Requires premium gas (91 octane), but all BMWs I think do now. Overall I am pleased with the car especially since I purchased it with 25K miles for < 1/2 price new. ~$60K new)

Great to Drive- but not for passenger storage

by from Northern California on March 25, 2010

Wow, what a great car- have the X drive and it is unbelievable to drive in the snow. Would be nice if the winter package heated the windshield jets as that is a problem. Everything is great except for there is not a lot of compartments to put sunglasses, notepads, or little extras you may need...Idrive is great....only downside is does lack the ability to maintain new business names. Traffic info is great and really good nav system. Handling, mileage, comfort is fantastic. Glad I didn't own one of these earlier in life as I will never be able to go back to a simple "car."

I miss my car when I'm away from it

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 9, 2011

Overall, I love this car. It gets a few fours because of performance (I got a 535 as a loaner from the dealer and I realize what I don't have under the hood-my fault though); interior design (no storage space or places for glasses, cell phones, etc); value for the money (bought it used CPO but I am dreading repair bills in the future -quoted $700 for a new battery at the dealer!? paid $550 at a local BMW specialist); and reliability (have owned it for 1 year with no problems yet). Overall though, I am extremely happy with the look, feel and performance. Very fun car to drive. Part of me wants to drive this car for a very long time but another part wants to upgrade to a 540 or 550...choices choices!

2007 530i - 6-speed Sport Package

by from Knoxville, TN on January 4, 2017

Previous vehicles: E46 2003 330i 5-speed, E39 528i 5-speed, F-body Camaro Z28 Bought a used E60 530i 6-speed sport package w/118K miles. It's extremely satisfying to drive. I'm a lead-footed driver and this car has ample power to satisfy me around town and on the highway. Feels like it has more torque than the advertised 220 lb-ft. The 20-way adjustable seats are extremely comfortable. The negative reviews about the active steering aren't reasonable/fair - in fact active steering feels great - light around town and firm on the highway. Suspension and brakes are a fantastic combination. Negatives - Without navigation, the iDrive system isn't necessary - it removes necessary functions from the dash (e.g. the quick cold/hot air mix on previous models and pre-set radio tools) for no good reason. Horrible cup holders are a staple of BMW - so that's there. Hmmm...that's it. Advice if you're shopping for an E60 5-series: -If you want to play music from your phone - check for the aux input inside the arm rest. It's an option. -Having a screen in the center of the dash does not mean you have navigation. Check for the option if you want it. Same goes for backup sensors. -Heated seats are not standard - this is a part of the cold weather package. Check for the heated seat buttons next to the ash tray -Get the sport package at all costs if you can; the sports seats are worth it, plus you get nice 18-inch wheels/tires. Overall, do not hesitate to buy an E60. Highly recommended and worth the value. Just stick to the 2006/2007 530i or 528i models WITHOUT the turbo - less problems and maintenance costs and still a pleasure to drive. Go for it. You're welcome.

Surprise on gas economy

by from Kansas City, MO on December 22, 2010

Bought it used in 2010 while on vacation. 1300+ mile drive home averaged 33mpg at 75mph, including driving in MD, WV and PA mountains. Very comfortable and smooth on the highway. It's still under the 4y/50k maint and warranty but haven't had any issues after 3-mos. the TPM did detect a 1lb psi "problem" in one tire...that's very sensitive!

Fun Car to Drive

by from Maryland on January 24, 2012

Bought 7 months ago with CPO warranty(highly recommend). Fun car to drive, not as fun as the 3 series. Reliable. Good gas mpg. Hope 2011 5 series and newer is as fun to drive.

GREAT RIDE

by from Louisville Kentucky on September 23, 2010

I traded my LS400 Lexus for my BMW and I loved everything about it. I opted for the black with the peanut butter interior. Very sharp car.

my review

by from Chatt, TN on February 6, 2015

This car is one of the best driving BMWs still available. The 06 and 07 530's have great power and good mpg. I have had no issues with my 07 530i other than 1 window regulator and a steering part that I was able to repair myself. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned and would recommend to anyone w/ mileage under about 100,000. Any higher miles are subject to oil and other leaks where seals and gaskets go bad.

2007 BMW 530i

by from Albuquerque, NM on January 29, 2010

May just be the finest car made. Excellent compromise between ride comfort and handling. Excellent driver - absolutely wonderful on the highway. I plan to keep it for a long, long time.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Bmw 530