2008 Bmw 550

Best car I have owned

by from Las vegas, NV on August 10, 2017

This car is amazing. Comfort amd performance. Interior is 9 years old and still looks new. Much better than my Lexus.

The car only next to the E60 M5

by from Exton, PA on July 30, 2017

The engine is very powerful and smooth! The handling of E60 M-Sport package is alway precise and direct.

One of the greatest vehicles I've owned

by from Sacramento, California on July 26, 2017

Great car, makes you feel like a person. Comfortable, sporty, very good handling and driving experience

Uses car for Havingfun

2008 BMW 550 with 50K with zero problems

by from Norcross, GA on November 18, 2014

I love the car. I purchased it in 2010 used with 15K miles on it. I have 50K now as of 11/18/2014 I have only put gas in it and had the oil changed. The car has so much class. I have a Escort GPS radar detector and a laser jammer. It is the best car I have ever had and I am 50. It is not a car for in city driving but get this puppy on the highway and there is not better car. I will need to get the bake pads changed soon.

08 BMW 550i Sport

by from Southeast Florid on July 2, 2014

Love this car. Our second one. First one I bought for my wife after someone T-boned her in our 01 540. She decided it did not have enough back seat room for our sons so we traded it. She started missing it so we got another one. This time for me. The kid can ride their bikes. Great styling, awesome handling, great power. Only downside, it is a BMW and as such you gotta take it to the dealer if you have to get it worked on. Wear a helmet, it's expensive.

Sports Car for the Mature Guy?

by from MS Gulf Coast on April 14, 2014

I've driven Nissan Z's and Corvettes my entire adult life. Enjoyed those cars. Bought the '08 550i a year ago because the wife didn't allow me enough seat time in her 535i we had bought for her several months earlier. My 30-year-old son and I made the 250 mile trip to trade in the Lexus SUV and pick up the 550i. What a ride! We both thoroughly enjoyed the trip home. Fast forward to a year later, this car (fully optioned, except for cold weather package) puts a smile on my face every time I back out of the garage. It has ample power, luxury, handling and looks. The only drawbacks I can think of include bad cup holder design, lack of interior storage and the cost of any needed repairs and/or parts. I would advise anyone buying a used BMW to be sure to include a warranty with your purchase. I love driving this car; however, after driving the noticeably bigger 2011 550i I am seriously considering purchasing a "previously cared for" 2011. I had the occasion to drive a 2011 model for 2 weeks and really enjoyed the comfort level. This is my second bmw but probably not my last.

great automobile

by from Pacific Palisades, CA on March 2, 2014

i bought a 2008 550i from my sister back in September of 2013. It had only 8,200 miles on it and was impeccably cared for. It had such low mileage because she had 3 cars. I have not enjoyed driving this much in a long time. I will say, it is NOT an automatic, it's a stick. Honestly, I believe that is what really makes this car a classic. It hugs the road truly better than any car i have ever driven before. I only worry about maintenence requirements and costs when the car is seasoned and has over 40,000 miles. That said, i drive about 450-500 miles per month or a maximum of 6,000 miles per year therefore giving me at least 5 years of shear pleasure. Amazing vehicle.

Great Car

by from Charlotte, NC on January 1, 2014

I previously owned a 530xi and enjoyed the handling of the AWD, but not the engine and reliability. I got rid of that car and bought a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8. Well, that was less than 1 year ago and i just bought a 550 a few weeks ago and dumped the Hyundai. Couldn't be happier. You either like BMW or you don't...and accept what that gives you. The 550 is not great on gas...but ok...hate the cup holders of course...and expect to pay more that I want for maintenance...but when i sit in the car...the sports seats wrap around me...the engine has a low rumble to it...and it handles like no other in its price range...it's puts a smile on my face every time i drive somewhere...glad to be back in the BMW family.

Sporty yet Driveable

by from Knoxville, TN on February 22, 2013

BMW 550i has a throaty V-8 with plenty of speed and great handling. It is not a comfort creature car as the seats are firm and the cabin is tight, but for a 4 door sports sedan it has plenty of leg and head room and fair size trunk space.

Great car!

by from So California on April 3, 2012

After several weeks of looking around on line at numerous dealers and private parties as well, I found a 2008 BMW 550i sport package, nicely loaded with 42,00 miles so it is still under factory warranty. The car is phenomenal. The performance is seriously like driving a 4-door sports car. firm suspension, throaty exhaust that has to be heard to be believed. This is my 3rd BMW, as my other two were 3-series. Cars.com was a great tool in helping me save time finding the right car for me!

Our Expert Review: 2008 Bmw 550