Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 4 reviews

The Dream Car

by from Chicago on October 8, 2012

This is the best car I've ever had. I had Audis, Acuras, other BMWs - the Gran Tursimo 550i is by far the best of them. 1. The car is a rocket! It is really screaming fast. 2. Handling is very sharp for the size - it is truly the BMW. Note, it is not as sharp as my old 535i though, as Gran Turismo is a bit taller than sedan and feels much larger than a regular 5-series. However - the handling is still excellent. 3. All the tech toys really work well. The car has a fantastic Navigation system with a HUGE screen, which displays traffic in real time and is very easy to use. The iPod connector works super well with my iPhone. The heads-up display is very useful - really like my speed projected on the windshield. The parking rear and side cameras are really nice and all sensors work well. 4. The cabin is very spacious overall. It has really large panoramic sunroof - which is very pleasing to look inside and out. 5. The seating position is very comfortable due to Gran Turismo being taller than regular sedan. The seating position feels like in X5, which is great for my lower back in long trips. 6. The rear seats are really big - like in 7 series and can recline. 7. The car had 0 problems so far - knock-knock on the wood. 8. The trunk is really convenient once you get used to it. It is truly a hatchback and since the rear seats can fold down - I get really nice space for all the stuff I want to transport - almost like in a SUV. 9. It is UNUSUALLY styled - people stare at your car everywhere you go in admiration. I really like it being rare. And I really like its look - it is certainly a beautiful car. 10. The gas mileage is not bad for 8-cylinder beast - I get an average 19mpg - which beat my expectations. MY GRAN TURISMO ROCKS!!!

Best performing car I've ever owned or driven

by from Denver, Co. on June 18, 2012

Bought used (a dealer loaner for a year and a half). Acceleration is uneven (up to 20 MPH) from a dead start (twin-turbo), but very fast to 60 and 100. Handling is awesome. Haven't driven in snow/or ice yet (it is the xDrive model). A short learning curve for the DVD/Nav system and park distance control with camera. I've never had a car with Nav or camera/PDC. BMW dealer very fair in price. It's not a popular BMW model in the US so the pricing has really come down over the year and a half since it's delivery. I haven't needed to call the agent or dealership yet in the one month that I've had the car. Service can't be commented on yet. This is my 4th BMW, but first since 2001 5 series model. There's much more room for pax in this car than a 5 series (cab dimensions are more like the 7 series sedan). Entering and exiting the car is easier that the lower line sedans, but shorter that the tall X5 ( I'm 6' and 190 lbs.). Price is $10k cheaper than the X5 similarly equipped. I paid for one with four options/packages: panarama sunroof, sport drive, upgraded stereo, winter comfort package. It had 23k miles. Mileage is within the range published: 16 in the city, 22 highway.

Awesome, Fast and Reliable Car

by from Madison, Wisconsin on April 1, 2015

My 2010 BMW 550 Gran Turismo is an awesome car! I bought it used with 10k miles 4 years ago and now it is 73k. Over years, I learned to tame my desire to push the car too fast, becauseI was getting too many speeding tickets - this car can go 130mph and you don't even feel it :-)) It still looks and feels like new, no issues outside of normal maintenance and a few minor issues when the car had 20k - all under warranty. Car is FAST-FAST-FAST, SUPER COMFORTABLE and LARGE --- AWESOME looking. I plan to keep this beemer for long time.. Highly Recommend to anyone in the market for GT. 5 STARS

The best car I"ve ever Had

by from Chicago IL on March 7, 2015

I Love it Fast Comfort Excellent Better Then Mercedes or Audi Looks Nice :) And worth value for the money

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 bmw 550_gran_turismo

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.