2011 Bmw X 5

Perfect

by on August 7, 2017

Very beautiful suv, fast and reliable car. If your looking for speed this is suv for you. It also very nice inside.

Uses car for Havingfun

Most powerful abd safe suv I owned

by from Houston on June 25, 2017

This is a very powerful and safe suv with excellent handling , the mileage just also excellent with almost 26 for highway

Outstanding performance in a SAV!

by from Appleton, WI on June 22, 2017

I've owned this 2011 X5 5.0 for 2 years. The TwinTurbo V8 is unbelievably powerful and the eight speed transmission is smooth as silk. We use it to travel to FL and back once a year. Otherwise it's just a grocery getter and grandkid hauler. I don't think there's a better handling more powerful full-size SUV out there. It's just a dream to drive. The only issue is that V8 TwinTurbo uses oil. Doesn't leak, just burns it up. 400+ hp requires a bit more than normal. If it gets to the point where it's using a quart in less than 750 miles BMW will evaluate the issue and supposedly will repair/replace the bad valve seals. Mine uses a quart under 1000 miles.

Great sporty SUV

by from Boston, MA on June 11, 2017

This is my 2nd X5 (the other was gas 3.0). Bought the X5 turbo diesel after much research. The diesel engines last longer than gas overall since the diesel fuel is constantly lubricating the engine. It's not uncommon to go 200-300k miles on a diesel. The only weak points are the emissions. Fortunately BMW has extended warranty of the catalytic converter. By around 55k miles the kinks are usually worked out too. A diesel can have less horsepower vs. gas but usually has more torque so you don't miss it. The interior is simple and elegant with good visibility of all gauges. The i-drive is easy to use and has everything you need. My X5 has 56k miles and it looks and runs like a new car. Just 2 years newer and the car would be $35k range used. Overall I'm quite happy with this car and Love driving it.

Fun to Drive

by from Tennessee on June 3, 2017

Great fun to drive, lots of power and all the features you could want. Love the heated steering wheel, automatic opening door locks, panoramic sunroof.

Tired of the Recalls

by from on May 15, 2017

I love the 2011 X5, the driving is effortless and a lot of fun! What I dislike are the recalls on the 2011's & '12's, Ex: Fnt Drivers & Passengers side airbags, but what I really hate, are the dangerous while driving recalls, Ex: Fnt Driveshaft, & the Vanos bolts "breaking" ie sheering off, which then ruins the Engine. All of the above potentially are very dangerous, not only to human's & animals, as they can potentially cause major traffic damage, but they also are potentially dangerous to the vehicle & the engine itself, not to mention fellow drivers vehicles. Altho I am not out of pocket one penny, and I get a nice new loaner, it still takes time & is a hassle to take it into the Dealership ea. time etc. Therefore actively looking at 2013's & '14's (will go to 2015 if I must). Driving BMW's are truly a treat and a pleasure.

All the Bells and Whistles!

by from Missouri on May 10, 2017

From the minute I test drove this vehicle, I loved it. It took me a few days to read through the manual to see all the neat things in this vehicle. Though X5's seem to have some issues once they are over 100,000 if they are not addressed early, I am very satisfied with this vehicle and feel that I made a good decision purchasing it as a pre-owned vehicle.

X5 is hard to beat

by from Chicago on May 9, 2017

I love this car because the 50i engine is powerful and the sport steering is great for feeling the road and controlling the car. It feels like a spaceship when you get in. It's just a great car and has a roomy backseat and cargo area. Only downside is that there is no 3rd row.

Impressive power and gas mileage

by from Boulder, Colorado on May 6, 2017

Impressive power and gas mileage. The suspension is stiff but I like that I also plan to tow a 3500 pound camper.

Uses car for Towing

The best car what I want

by from NE Omaha on May 5, 2017

Look at this 2011 BMW X5 35d. Its Automatic transmission and Diesel I6 3.0L/182 engine will keep you going. This X5 has the following options: Xenon adaptive headlights -inc: auto-leveling, xDrive all-wheel-drive system, Vehicle and Key Memory, USB & iPod adapter, Tire pressure monitor, Star spoke (style 209) 18 x 8.5 light alloy wheels -inc: P255/55R18 run-flat all-season tires, Split folding rear seats, Service interval indicator & check control vehicle monitor, Satellite radio preparation, and Roof spoiler w/center brakelight.