2008 Buick Enclave

Loved it until the wife replaced it with a minivan

by from Saratoga Springs on August 9, 2017

Loved this vehicle, and still enjoy seeing red ones like ours on the road. We had every option, struggled with the DVD player, and gave up on the navigation. Great road trip vehicle, gas mileage sucked (14-16) around town with all wheel drive, but could get 25mpg on trips occasionally. Had issues with the rear diff and possible shift solenoid just before trading it in. I would get a later model of the gen 1 with some of the bugs worked out.

Great luxury family SUV

by from Slidell, La on July 20, 2017

This is the perfect vehicle for a mom who doesn't want to be "that mom" in the mini-van. Classy and stylish

Uses car for Transportingfamily

What I needed at the time

by from Aberdeen, NJ on July 20, 2017

Bought new and never failed me. All the bells and whistles, kept until 2014 then purchased a GMC Terrain because Buick didn't have a midsize and the Encore was to small.. Finally got my Envision in 2017.

Loved my enclave

by from Perryville, Arkansas on June 6, 2017

This car had a ton of room, it was comfortable. I loved the fact that it had a/c in the back. The 2008-2011 enclaves have a lot of problems with the engine. But after that they are great. Great family vehicle, great on gas mileage for the size, and very roomy. I loved mine so much I convinced my neighbor to buy one.

Worst car I have ever owned

by from Lebanon, PA on June 4, 2017

This is the absolute worst car I have ever owned. We bought it used. Within the first year we had to have the transmission rebuilt. There have been multiple recalls, we get like 3 a year. It's been in the shop more than we can drive. I would never buy again.

Very good family vehicle

by from Cape Coral, FL on April 19, 2017

Very good mid-size family suv. Buick comfort and luxury with a third row. Great for the family, lots of room yet not too big. Average gas milage and lacks in power but overall very good.

2008 Buick Enclave

by from tewksbury on April 8, 2017

I love this vehicle. Very dependable. Leather seats, navigation, dvd, all working. Very, very happy with this suv.

transmission is horrible

by from on September 22, 2015

The transmission in my 2008 enclave is going out and rumbling. It started at around 125,000 miles. I have read others posts about the transmission as well. I will never buy another buick, vehicles should last AT LEAST 200,000 miles in this day and age without a major transmission or engine problem.

Problems

by from New JErsey on July 29, 2015

I bought this car with 76,000 miles and a 100,000 mile extended warranty, with in 2 weeks had to replace the timing chain, with in 2 months the transmission started acting up once in a while but they say they fixed it. After going over the 120,000 mileage we received a letter about the transmission but had to pay the $3,000.00 even with the extended warranty to fix it. Now the power steering pump & bracket need replacing another $2,000.00 Car rides very nice but would NEVER buy another Buick. Can't wait to replace this with another Ford Expedition that i drove since 1997 and loved those cars went through 2 last one lasting over 300,000 miles. No i really wouldn't want to have a Buick as their slogo says!

Beware Transmission!!

by from on May 10, 2015

My 2008 Buick Enclave had about 110,000 miles on it when the transmission started acting a little funny off and on and completely went out at 128,000 miles. Not one week before it went completley out I recieved a letter from Buick stating that there was a problem in the Wave plate of the transmission and if you took it to a dealer they would fix it free of charge as long as you weren't over 120,000 miles. Well I did go to a couple of dealers BEFORE it went out but I was at 126,000 miles so they said they couldn't fix it for free. Several thousand dollars later I've got a new trany. And I know a few other people who have had to replace their Enclave's trany too.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Buick Enclave