2016 Encore

2016 Buick Encore

2016 Buick Encore

Have You Driven the 2016 Buick Encore?

Good As Gold

by Mike B from Cumberland RI on Thu May 24 2018

I have had my car now for 2 years and it runs as good as the day i drove it off the dealers lot. Best car i have ever owned.

Nice little SUV for the money

by BulldogDaddy from Ruskin, FL on Mon Mar 13 2017

I was in the market for a new car. We came across a leftover 2016 Buick Encore at a local dealer. After a test drive we decided to buy. The ride was good and noise level was quiet. The only downfall was the interior space. The passenger seat does not come with an armrest - so the driver has to share at times. Also the sifter is below the area of the armrest, so if sharing it makes shifting rough.

Really like the dealership

by Kilgore A Trout from Berkshires, MA on Thu Jun 22 2017

My Buick is fun and has turned 22K miles in a year. Great mileage- up to 33mpg during summer and 29 during the winter for my commute. Bought it to have AWD and its done well by me. Love how the dealer treats me - McAndrew King is full of good people.

Best Mini SUV I have ever owned

by TeresaL from Janesville Wi on Fri Mar 10 2017

I love my encore. I wanted a SUV, but decided it would not suit my needs. The encore is a mini SUV that is perfect fit for my lifestyle. The encore is stylish and has great gas mileage.

It does what a car is supposed to do

by reallyhardtoplease from McAllen, TX on Mon Feb 12 2018

It wasnt our first choice for a vehicle. Certain circumstances led us to getting one. And I dont think I would ever buy another one. Dont get me wrong, its a nice car, just not my cup of tea. Interior is comfortable enough... for the front passengers. Due to my height, I slam the seat all the way back, eliminating any legroom for the back seats. My point of reference for this may be skewed as I'm used to a beefier motor, but the car seems rather sluggish. Really have to floor it when you need it to move. Cargo space is really limited. I could fit a 6 foot ladder in my previous car, a 2 door Cobalt, with more ease than my Encore. You can bring the seats down all the way if needed, but you end up with the steering wheel right in your chest. The cars exterior design makes it really awkward to gauge distance. Im always afraid im going to bump into something. Now for the good points of the car. Great gas mileage. Would have to pump 20 bucks every three days in my old car. I dont even remember the last time I pumped gas in my Encore. Audio system is great for an entry level trim. Back up camera has started to spoil me a bit. A lot of little features like express down power windows, up and down for driver window. Climate controls also have a lot features my previous car didnt have such as mixing main vents plus the defroster. My old car only had the option for feet and defroster. With the 2017 restyle, the car looks much more aggressive, an the LED lights just make the car look more modern. Very quiet, smooth ride. Overall, its a great little car if you dont have a lot to carry. I just wish it was a little bigger and quicker.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great little SUV

by Melissa A. from New Bern, NC on Tue Mar 14 2017

Great SUV. Perfect for my family of three. Incredibly fun to drive. Great gas mileage. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Small SUV

by Tiana1025 from Pekin,IL on Sun Jul 30 2017

I love my Buick but it's pretty small for an SUV. It doesn't have a center console and isn't very roomy in the backseat. In order for an infant seat to fit, I have to push the passenger side all the way up. I wouldn't recommend for a large family but is perfect for 1-2 people. Other than space, my Buick is awesome and a smooth ride!

Own a '13 and a '16 Encore

by myleshoy from on Thu Nov 17 2016

We recently bought our second Encore because my wife liked my '13. Obviously we like the car: mileage, style, handling, size, interior, etc. However, one negative bugs me. On both Encores the screen which displays OnStar, radio, etc will go dim and is hard to read. Buick Service tells me they can do nothing unless it happens when I bring it in for service. So far that hasn't happened. Several calls to Buick Customer Service were not helpful. In one call a technician admitted that they have had other similar complaints. There doesn't seem to be any consistent cause for the screen to go dim. It just happens.

Best choice of the lot for us.

by E'Ville Gizzard from Evansville, IN on Mon Nov 23 2015

We have been shopping for a new car for my wife. She wanted a small SUV. We looked at options from all the brands, and narrowed it down to a few. After test drives, the Encore provided the best in overall value and style. It is a sharp looking vehicle, and provides a ton of features for the money. There are not many vehicles in this price range that have memory seats and a heated steering wheel. If you are looking for sporty handilng and performance, this is not the vehicle for you. But if you are looking for affordable comfort and luxury, this is it. It is comfortable and quiet. We ordered a new 2016 in Rosewood. She can't wait till it comes in.

Backseat ventilation and ride is terrible

by BillyB from Mansfield, MA on Sat Oct 22 2016

I had the opportunity to ride as a backseat passenger. There are no vent ports for the AC or heat to get to the back passengers. The ride was terrible, the shock absorbers slammed up to the frame on most potholes and manhole covers. I'll have my dealers shop check for defective shocks, probably nothing can be done about the ventilation problem.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2016 Buick Encore

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2015 about the 2015 Buick Encore. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2015 Buick Encore succeeds by having excellent visibility and a convenient and trendy size, but it's let down by missing the kind of standout luxury features its sticker price suggests it should have.

On the market since the 2013 model year, the Buick Encore is the veteran statesman of a growing vehicle class: subcompact SUVs. The vehicles in this class are tiny for SUVs, and they force buyers to sacrifice space — if not also power and performance. But... Read More