2016 Encore

2016 Buick Encore

2016 Buick Encore

Have You Driven the 2016 Buick Encore?

Cute and Classy

by Buick Fan from Port St. Lucie, florida on Wed Aug 24 2016

Love Buicks! I traded in my Lucerne (which I loved dearly) for an Encore ST because my driving now consists of running errands around town. I rarely do highway driving anymore so the Encore is great for parking and zipping around. It is only 2 months old now but I can say that, based on my experience with other Buicks in my lifetime, it will be just perfect. I like the extra visibility and zippyness (word?) It is a very classy little car and I think it is a head above a lot of others. The rear camera screen when backing up could use some kind of anti-glare as the sun will just block it out. I chose the ST for the extra horsepower.

Just love it

by Encore Em from Lincoln, NE on Sat Jun 04 2016

I love how comfortable driving my encore is. It is smooth and really handles great.I also love all the storage space especially in the back. Everyone from my 6 year old grandson to my 80 year old mother love riding in it.

Love my "Carmelina"

by "Dolores"L., "suburban grandma" from Rochester, NY on Fri Mar 10 2017

My SUV is a 2016 Buick Encore. I named her Carmelina for her lovely carmel color. She is perfect for me, a senior lady who depends on a very reliable vehicle. She is great on gas, another plus for someone on a limited income. I can not imagine driving any other car but a Buick!

Our first ever suv, love it

by Tony from Bedfordpark,il. on Thu Aug 13 2015

We own a Buick Lucerne.. And love our car, I always said I would never own an suv , I got hooked one day when a Buick Encore drove by very slow at my drivers side window!! We needed a new car and upon seeing this suv drive buy I went to the dealer and test drove the suv.. Again got hooked and leased a 2015 encore. We are very pleased the style, comfort and mechanics are great!!

call me ZIPPY

by zippy from st charles mo on Mon May 23 2016

love this car- thought I wanted a Honda odysee due to the great reviews- but it was too much car for me. went to the buick dealer and fell in love with this car the great lease program. this is a winner

Backup Camera - poor

by Suff from Buffalo NY on Sat Feb 27 2016

The image quality of the backup camera is poor. Very cloudy even after cleaning lens. Should have a contrast adjustment.

Great little SUV

by SLarryMo from Iron River,Mi on Sat Dec 03 2016

The Buick Encore has been a very good vehicle. My wife is the primary driver and likes it very much. The comfort level is quite good for a vehicle this size. The only complaint would be the anemic engine power otherwise it is a keeper. Thank you GM.

Problems with instrument panel

by Chris STL from on Sat Dec 03 2016

Car was fine at first. Within first few months, began having problems. The button area with the defroster and temp controls wasn't backlit one night. On numerous occasions, my display screen goes dark so you can't see what's on the screen. There is no explanation for it. It just happens randomly. Today my screen stayed on the backup mode, even though I was driving down my street (in drive, not reverse). I am starting to wonder if I should have bought this car. I never had a car with this many different issues period, much less the first six months.

Does not recommend this car!!

Decent Compact SUV

by NeeMoo from Chicago, IL on Sat Mar 25 2017

Nice-looking small SUV but it's not ideal for a driver who is accustomed to performance. The small engine has slow pickup and seems labored. However, it's probably great for a teen or senior driver. Not ideal for commuting. People compliment the styling almost daily, so it's definitely eye-catching. Also, don't rely on the electronic fuel estimate for miles to empty. Always err on the side of actually having less fuel than reported on the screen. Lower fuel economy than expected but this could be largely due to the terrible traffic in my area.

Overheating Engine ? NEW car - Only 2000 miles

by Irina from OR on Sat Mar 18 2017

After only 2000 miles an overheating engine light appeared on the dashboard. Far from what I hoped to be. The only answer from customer support is "The car is under warranty. This may happen to any car". I would like to receive my money back or at least a new car. I bought a new car to have a new car experience, not a refurbished one. Even after the repair will be finalized (has been already 2 weeks. The dealer appears to wait for some more parts), I will drive with stress and anxiety, afraid for my family safety. Such an ordeal and disappointment.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2016 Buick Encore

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2015 about the 2015 Buick Encore. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2015 Buick Encore succeeds by having excellent visibility and a convenient and trendy size, but it's let down by missing the kind of standout luxury features its sticker price suggests it should have.

On the market since the 2013 model year, the Buick Encore is the veteran statesman of a growing vehicle class: subcompact SUVs. The vehicles in this class are tiny for SUVs, and they force buyers to sacrifice space — if not also power and performance. But... Read More