NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Encore

2016 Buick Encore

2016 Buick Encore

Have You Driven the 2016 Buick Encore?

Own a '13 and a '16 Encore

by myleshoy from on Thu Nov 17 2016

We recently bought our second Encore because my wife liked my '13. Obviously we like the car: mileage, style, handling, size, interior, etc. However, one negative bugs me. On both Encores the screen which displays OnStar, radio, etc will go dim and is hard to read. Buick Service tells me they can do nothing unless it happens when I bring it in for service. So far that hasn't happened. Several calls to Buick Customer Service were not helpful. In one call a technician admitted that they have had other similar complaints. There doesn't seem to be any consistent cause for the screen to go dim. It just happens.

Backseat ventilation and ride is terrible

by BillyB from Mansfield, MA on Sat Oct 22 2016

I had the opportunity to ride as a backseat passenger. There are no vent ports for the AC or heat to get to the back passengers. The ride was terrible, the shock absorbers slammed up to the frame on most potholes and manhole covers. I'll have my dealers shop check for defective shocks, probably nothing can be done about the ventilation problem.

Cute and Classy

by Buick Fan from Port St. Lucie, florida on Wed Aug 24 2016

Love Buicks! I traded in my Lucerne (which I loved dearly) for an Encore ST because my driving now consists of running errands around town. I rarely do highway driving anymore so the Encore is great for parking and zipping around. It is only 2 months old now but I can say that, based on my experience with other Buicks in my lifetime, it will be just perfect. I like the extra visibility and zippyness (word?) It is a very classy little car and I think it is a head above a lot of others. The rear camera screen when backing up could use some kind of anti-glare as the sun will just block it out. I chose the ST for the extra horsepower.

Just love it

by Encore Em from Lincoln, NE on Sat Jun 04 2016

I love how comfortable driving my encore is. It is smooth and really handles great.I also love all the storage space especially in the back. Everyone from my 6 year old grandson to my 80 year old mother love riding in it.

Love my "Carmelina"

by "Dolores"L., "suburban grandma" from Rochester, NY on Fri Mar 10 2017

My SUV is a 2016 Buick Encore. I named her Carmelina for her lovely carmel color. She is perfect for me, a senior lady who depends on a very reliable vehicle. She is great on gas, another plus for someone on a limited income. I can not imagine driving any other car but a Buick!

Our first ever suv, love it

by Tony from Bedfordpark,il. on Thu Aug 13 2015

We own a Buick Lucerne.. And love our car, I always said I would never own an suv , I got hooked one day when a Buick Encore drove by very slow at my drivers side window!! We needed a new car and upon seeing this suv drive buy I went to the dealer and test drove the suv.. Again got hooked and leased a 2015 encore. We are very pleased the style, comfort and mechanics are great!!

Most comfortable car I've owned - 2016 Encore

by Joy from Anaheim Hills, California on Mon Mar 20 2017

What a wonderful big little car! It has so many extra features that come standard I feel like I'm driving a luxury car! I've only had the 2016 Encore for a few weeks, so I hope the five stars I gave it for reliability holds true. There is ONE drawback: Because of the higher position of the receptacle to the gas tank, I have to hold the gas pump the entire time I am filling the car. Otherwise, this subcompact SUV (seems larger than that to me) is perfect.

call me ZIPPY

by zippy from st charles mo on Mon May 23 2016

love this car- thought I wanted a Honda odysee due to the great reviews- but it was too much car for me. went to the buick dealer and fell in love with this car the great lease program. this is a winner

Backup Camera - poor

by Suff from Buffalo NY on Sat Feb 27 2016

The image quality of the backup camera is poor. Very cloudy even after cleaning lens. Should have a contrast adjustment.

Great little SUV

by SLarryMo from Iron River,Mi on Sat Dec 03 2016

The Buick Encore has been a very good vehicle. My wife is the primary driver and likes it very much. The comfort level is quite good for a vehicle this size. The only complaint would be the anemic engine power otherwise it is a keeper. Thank you GM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2016 Buick Encore

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2015 about the 2015 Buick Encore. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2015 Buick Encore succeeds by having excellent visibility and a convenient and trendy size, but it's let down by missing the kind of standout luxury features its sticker price suggests it should have.

On the market since the 2013 model year, the Buick Encore is the veteran statesman of a growing vehicle class: subcompact SUVs. The vehicles in this class are tiny for SUVs, and they force buyers to sacrifice space — if not also power and performance. But... Read More