Read or write a review.

4.2
Average based on 15 reviews

good for a while

by from Chicago Illinois on June 10, 2010

I have a 2002 buick lesabre limited and it has many features but that doesnt mean they work. I have a low 40,000 miles and recently the traction control, airbags, abs brakes and heated seats have all stopped working. The car is worth 4000 dollars for a trade in but needs almost 5,000-10000 in repairs! A nice car but not much room inside for the extreme length and size of the car. A rather boring and bland car but so are many american cars of that time.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by from Logan, Ohio on May 28, 2012

This car has far exceeded my expectations. I originally bought it as a car for my real estate business. At 162,000 miles, it is highly dependable! I didn't have to replace the battery until 140,000 miles! Great on gas for its size @ 28 mpg. I dread the day I let it go.

Ready & reliable

by from Aledo, IL on November 2, 2011

Trouble-free, economical ride. 26 mpg in mixed driving with plenty of power and room. One of the best cars I've ever owned.

Great auto

by from Darien, Il on September 22, 2012

Good looking, great smooth ride, plenty of options. I bought the LTD. with leather seats and sunroof. I love the sun roof. I got the silver. Great color does not show the dirt. The rear seat has 39" of leg room with a large trunk. Good MPG for a car this size. The list price of the car in 2002 was $29,990. With $1865 in options and a frt. charge of $685. Total $32,540 Bought from private at $5000 with 97,000 miles, 2nd owner car. I have spent $450 in repairs to date. Will spend another $300 or so for plugs, hoses, anti- freeze and a few other items.Tires good for 25-30 k miles more. I had mechanic check over first.

Great Car

by from 19079 on November 15, 2011

Great ride,great on gas,pleasure to drive,bought with only 26,000 for a super price + 4 year warranty

It just won't quit

by from NEw Orleans on January 22, 2014

Very comfortable. Quiet, pleasant ride. Adequate power. Roomy front seat with the 6 passenger option. Its a real shame all new cars crowd the driver with a console, and have just 5 passenger capacity. Mine has 242,000 miles. Lately the repair bills are a bit more than the past, but it is on life extension, so its OK. Redone transmission, but engine is still going, using about 1 quart of oil in 4,000 miles (not too bad for the age). Just about everything works like new. Interior has not one tear in the cloth, even though I use it like a truck sometimes. The trunk and back seat can hold a tremendous amount of equipment. The air shocks in the rear are a great asset for load leveling. I have repaired some things with a little innovation - the heat-raised dash cover has been nicely reattached, for example. Other than some exterior scratches and dings, it is still a presentable car for guest passengers. I wish it was still in production, but the new Impala looks to be the next best option.

Good deal but!

by from Allentown,Pa. on May 22, 2014

I drove this car a week ago,then went tue to buy it but the manger would let it go for my trade and a down payment on this car,it was beyond me that he wanted the whole price for this car and it has been sitting there on the lot more then 30 days,so we walk away from it and look else where.

Most comfotble and reliable car I've ever own.

by from kinston, nc on May 25, 2015

I love my buick. It's roomy and comfortable. Everything on my buick works and it's updated and on material.

Some things are not always as good as they look.

by from Milwaukee WI on March 5, 2012

Granted this is a 10 year old vehicle,but the mileage was at 100k and the interior and body are great. When I picked her up from the dealership I was pleasantly surprised that it was freshly washed and the gas tank was now full. When I took it for a test drive the day before there was just under a 1/2 tank showeing on the gauge. I drove a total of 100 miles and the gauge was showing empty and the light and bell were warning me to get fuel. it took 17.3 gallons to fill her up. After driving another 100 miles The gauge still read full. I filled it up again and it took 3.6 gallons. Okay fuel gauge doesn't work. Dealer says As IS AND SHOWN so I can live with monitoring the odometer until I can repair the problem. In the next couple of weeks everytime there is rain an alarm goes off telling me the ABS is out and the fuel gauge is erratic. It looks Good, handles great and runs smooth. I just want to warn fellow car buyers to ask for dashboard assurance of some sort. I love the car!

Very reliable under 150K/ miles

by from Bloomfield, NJ on January 2, 2008

This vehicle is well balanced with the 3.8L engine. Gas milage is good cosidering the size, about 85% of the estimated. It has a comfortable ride and road feel, if you avoid tires with soft sidewalls. I like Michelins, the tires help the vehicle stick on corners. They also help with the slight drift that seems to be inherent with Buicks. The options are pricey with a new car but are well worth it. If you are like me and need a vehicle that is safe, comfortable and reliable that will get you and your passengers from point "A" to "B", then the options will assist. Like the rain sensitive wipers, the auto head lights, traction controls, ABS. Don't under estimate the latter two and learn their limits, with any vehicle. The LeSebre has ample leg room for the driver and front passengers. If you are tall and sitting in the rear you might want to limit it to two or keep the trip short. There is plenty of trunk space. You will also apprciate the load leveling system that compensates for weight. As I've said it is a well balanced car over all. OnStar, that comes with most GMs vehicles will NOT work at the end of year 2007, UNLESS you get the NOW available upgrade from total analog system to their didgital system. A problem for vehicles up to 2003. The expence to me is better spent on a HANDS FREE cell phone system. At some point between the end of 2002 and 2003, GM installed an analog/didgital OnStar in cars that will have NO problem, before switching to total didgital system.

Similar Models