2002 Buick Rendezvous

Most Reliable car Ive owned.

by from Grayslake, IL on September 13, 2017

This car mat all my needs. The Buick Rendevouz is Comfortable, safe, and so stylish. The radio system is awesome, it has many outlets to charge phones, and even automatic windows, which are my favorit...
This car mat all my needs. The Buick Rendevouz is Comfortable, safe, and so stylish. The radio system is awesome, it has many outlets to charge phones, and even automatic windows, which are my favorite.

Great family car

by from New Braunfels on August 5, 2017

This was a great vehicle for my kids and I. Bought it used and drove it for 3 years before the transmission was starting to go out

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Oh, I loooved my Buick Rendezvous! Huge, great SUV

by from Victoria, BC on July 15, 2017

I loved my Buick Rendezvous so much, I needed to keep it in the family, so I gave it to my daughter! Size, comfort, reliability - THE best car, ever!

Uses car for Havingfun

Great Family car for the suburbs or country ar

by from on June 11, 2017

This car has great room for shopping. Love the cargo space. It's roomy enough for everyone to be comfortable. Love the sound system. It does not handle the streets of N.Y. well.

4-Wheel It To Love It

by from Brookings, Oregon on May 6, 2017

I'm starting to Like or Love It But You need to test da 4-Wheel-Out. " Drives like a Dove 4-Wheeling like a Conquer " ( Let's Conquer Da Road America )

Now im old

by from Minnesota on February 11, 2016

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Now I know why my dad always had a Buick. The awd is awesome.

Loved this car!

by from Jackson, MI on June 6, 2013

Being a very picky individual who didn't want to spend a ton on a used SUV, I looked around for a long time before deciding what I wanted. Ultimately, I landed on the Buick Rendezvous due to good experiences with Buicks lasting a long time and the size seemed perfect for my needs. I really wanted a 3rd row, but not a huge vehicle to go along with it since I didn't need the extra seats on a daily basis. The dealership went to the auctions specifically looking for an AWD Rendezvous with a third row and a bench in the middle. They came back with the 2002 CXL model with 80,000 miles which also had a moonroof and heated leather seats. I almost didn't buy it due to the seats, I never liked leather before and was worried about my dogs damaging them. I am so happy that I did. The back was plenty large enough for my dogs to be comfortable and never need to be on the seats, keeping my interior much cleaner. The storage space was great and it was very comfortable to drive which was very important to me as I have back issues and drive a lot. I now feel the need to have a sunroof and heated seats in every vehicle, they were wonderful! The vehicle itself had quite a few miles on it and I did purchase an extended warranty but I never needed to use it. It handled great in the snow without being too big or bulky and met all of my needs perfectly. There were no issues with the engine the entire time that I had it, just regular servicing. I had the brakes and rotars replaced once, but only with an appropriate amount of wear on them. I do believe that the rear wheel bearing were replaced by the dealership before I bought it. I was told that they commonly went out between 70,000 and 90,000 miles so they just went ahead and did that for me. I never had any issues with them and I put another 65,000 miles on it. Unfortunately, this vehicle was totaled in an accident about a year and a half ago. Initially, I tried to find another one but when I couldn't get one "exactly" the same I decided to downsize to get better gas mileage. It didn't take long before I realized how much I missed my Rendezvous and I have started looking for another one again. I have also looked around at other SUVs since the Rendezvous are all older now, but nothing makes me quite as satisfied and I'm likely going to go with an older model Rendezvous instead of a SUV that is currently available.

WONDERFUL CAR!

by from California & Missouri on December 12, 2012

Car has been driven 197,000 miles. I expect to drive this car to 300,000 miles. I had no repairs,(only maintanence) until it had gone 144,000 miles. I have only spent around $4,000. in repairs since then. The car is solid, paint is great, interior is holding up. It drives like a new car and has never had a breakdown, nor has it ever failed to start. It is a winner.

Comfortable but Mechanical Disaster

by from Long Valley, NJ on June 8, 2012

Comfortable car, but thank you for the after market warranty. The warranty cost about $2000. They spent about $10,000 to rebuild it! (Wheel bearings, AC, AWD trans, fuel pump, etc,, etc). The car now has 172,000 miles on it and is still very comfortable to drive. However, it has been a money pit from about 72,000 miles on. Average cost about $250 per month to own it and that is just maintenance, not gas and insurance. It has been rebuilt, except for the engine. Wheel bearings have been replaced two times on each wheel! My mechanic said the bearings are undersized for this weight vehicle. Buick took a comfortable car and made it a mechanical disaster. Very reluctant to buy an Enclave now.

perfect

by from birmingham alabama on January 26, 2011

i have owned my rendezvous for 8 years, the best vehicle i have ever bought for the money. drives so smooth, not to meantion roomy for a small suv. i would recomend this vehicle to anyone.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Buick Rendezvous