Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 SRX

2004 Cadillac SRX

2004 Cadillac SRX

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2004 Cadillac SRX?

Some good, some bad, cost of ownership sucks

by kate from on Mon Sep 21 2015

2004 SRX 4.6L v8; bought it in 2007 with 40,000 miles on it, like new, every bell and whistle imaginable. Loved, loved, loved it until "little things" started to go wrong. That's when we found out the true cost of owning a Cadi is not in the purchase price, it's in the repair costs.....for example, over $300 to put in a burnt out head light bulb (have to take the WHOLE light out to change the bulb!!!) and on and on it's gone. Hubby has learned to do as much on his own as he can due to the terrible maintenance and repair costs, and we're hoping we've fixed everything by now, but I don't see another Cadi in our future because of this. It's a beauty, the power fold down 3rd row seat leave lots of useful cargo room, ride is great and I LOVE the powerful V8 engine!!! You step on it, it GOES. I've never had a car that responds like this one does. This aint no V6 where you need 1/4 mile to pass someone. You're around them so fast, they hardly see you go by! The gas mileage, though, not good, not good at all. Car still looks like new, I still love what I loved when we got it, really dislike some of what we've learned since. So, knowing what we know after 8 yrs of ownership, would I buy it again? Probably not. Our experience with the cost of ownership on this particular vehicle is so high it really overshadows the positive features of the car.

Does not recommend this car!!

most comfotable car i have owned.

by ash87 from Tonasket on Fri Jul 28 2017

I enjoyed this car while I owned it. Plenty of room for my family of 5. One of the draw backs was lack of leg room with the third row seat. We had a few mechanical issues but we were the second owner and it was 12 years old when we got it. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone.

More problems than it was worth

by NoMoreGM's from St. louis, MO on Wed Mar 28 2012

I bought this car with 75k miles on it. I thought I could drive it for 100k more with normal maintainence, and some repairs. Well after another 75k miles and thousands of dollars in repairs (not to mention normal maintainence) I threw in the towel. The car drove like a dream, it had every bell and whistle imaginable. I loved the car but the repairs were just killing me. If you have to buy a Cadillac, buy a new one and dump it before 100k miles.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great machine

by Mecman from Summerfield, Florida on Mon Nov 07 2011

Just returned from trip to New England and what a surprise. The 90k miles SRX was comfortable, quiet, and economical , avg 24 mpg. Was amazed that the AM radio worked just fantastic, noise free. The 3.6l vvt engine was equal and more to the task at Interstate Hwy speeds. I have put five thousand miles on this fine machine and have really enjoyed all of them.

Sports Car meets SUV

by Your Lawn Guy from Westland, Michigan on Mon Mar 12 2007

After my Buick Riviera I didnt think I would find something I liked so much. But after years of test drives I found the Caddillac SRX. It Screams Class and offers sport handling, Breaks arent needed to turn this vehicle, it handles better then my trans am did while giving a smooth ride. The only thing I didn't like is the rear seats are a little to stiff for me, but the kids dont mind. The transmission feels like its from a Benz. If you dont like the looks of it don't test drive it, because you will buy one. Don't let the Anti-Amercan car reviewer's talk you away from this one. GM cars are much better then the imports of today and this is just one fine example! Certified used Cadillacs come with a 6 year 100,000 mile warranty, bumper to bumper, 0 deductible. find a match for this.

very stylish family performer. cadillac prestige.

by performance / luxury car enthusiast from orange park, fl on Wed Nov 15 2006

handles as good or better than my 2005 mustang gt. performance too. love the styling and my light green color. "UltraView" sliding roof is awesome. kids love it. Onstar is wonderful. Built in phone is wonderful too. kids love console dvd between driver and passenger front seats. like the high ride too. feel safer. loads of airbags and high belt line for safety too. wife loves it too.

2004 SRX

by Ursula from Orlando, FL. on Tue Mar 15 2011

Nice little luxery car for the money very comfortable and reliable good on gas and just a real smoothe ride, and plenty of room

Leap Year

by Honey from Milwaukee, WI on Mon Mar 07 2016

I purchase my Cadillac from Diamond Jims on February 29, 2016 Leap Year. I love my new used Car, it drives great and as its on style. My sells associate Lizzie give me the best service and I would gladly tell everyone I know about my great experiences. Love you Lizzie Catina

Great performance

by Ron from Locust Grove on Tue Mar 18 2014

This dealer, especially Nick really came thru. Thanks I ran you through the loops to find that exact vehicle for me

Best and Nces SUV for the Money

by ASK Devlin from Federal Way, WA on Sun Nov 14 2010

My wife andI just purcased this vehicle an we love it. Our daughter really likes the 3 row nd also he really cool sunroof. Thi vehicle hnels like a dream and is so nice inside. We real;ly feel we got a great vehile for the money we spen. We traded our 02Nissan Pathfinder in for this Cadillac an we our glad we did. Thnks GM for making such a beautifl and fun to drive vehicle.

Our Take on the 2004 Cadillac SRX

'Crossover' with attitude

Cadillac has enjoyed a roaring success in recent years, transformed from an aging luxury brand weighed down by padded roofs and a geriatric image to a happening collection of hip-hop Escalades and sporty CTS sedans.

With new styling that has been described as "knife edge," Cadillac has carved out a unique niche that's distinctly different from such competitors as Lexus and Mercedes-Benz.

The beefy Escalades have retained their hold as custom-wheeled status symbols beloved by urban youth. And CTS cars can be seen zooming around the racetrack at Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, which would never have happened with Grandpa's DeVille... Read More