2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

Love this truck - Best one I ever had!

by from Cedar Falls, Iowa on September 25, 2010

I bought this truck used with just at 41000 miles. First thing I likes about it was it does not have that big bulky plastic trim like the early ones. The truck has a lot of nice features that you just don't find in any others, like a removable rear window or you can keep it in and still fold down the rear seat and have a enclosed 8' bed - How nice is that! I've taken several trips with it, and it seems to be the vehicle we choose everytime we go on another trip. It is very comfortable and rides just a nice as any car that I've had. I tow a small trailer sometimes and it tows nice also. Even thought it is a little longer than a Surbaban, it still gets repsectable gas milage. I usually range at about 13-15 in town and 17-18 on the highway, although I've got 20 on the highway a couple of times. The truck has the 5.3 V8 which has proven to me to be a solid choice of engine. I've put about 11000 miles on it over the past 2 years ( mostly on tips as I stated before ) and have only had to replace one O2 sensor, which was covered under my extended warranty. It also has the auto 4WD button which I reallty like. It's works good in snow as opposed to ths 4 high position. Really like this truck, I just wish the state of Iowa registered it as a truck and not a SUV. Plates are expensive at $376 a year and Iowa won't start to drop the plate fee until 2012. Look at one over just a plain crew cab truck, as they have a lot of nice standard features that may be options you pay for on a crew cab truck.

'04 Avalanche Review

by from Sacramento, CA on June 11, 2006

I have owned mine for a little over 2 years. It's a 2WD 1500 model. It does everything from comfortable long distance driving to camping to hauling 10' long lumber, refrigerators, sofas, and anything else. The ride is extraordinarily comfortable and just about everyone who rides in it says "this feels just like a comfortable car". It's got power, style, and function. Mine gets anywhere from 13mpg in city driving to 23 on the freeway on cruise at 65mph. I'd buy another one w/o hesitation.

I LOVE my Avalanche!!

by from Yucaipa, CA on August 21, 2006

My '06 Avalanche now has nearly 40k miles, and every mile has been exceptional. It's comfortable, and handy. It'll tow a boat, motorcycles, 5 bicycles, the kids, or a ton of plywood. I've done all of 'em!!! It gets better than expected mileage (I've averaged 17.6mpg since I've had it). I thought the plastic around the entire perimeter looked stupid, so I opted for no plastic. The only problem I have had is the molding around the driver & passenger windows got crimped, resulting in increased wind noise. It was easily replaced under warranty, and has otherwise been trouble-free. I love it, and will definitely consider another when the time comes. BTW: The new '07 model is gorgeous!

good suv

by from Antigo, wi on September 27, 2006

20 mpg highway is pretty good for a full size suv. great suspension, has a better ride than a normal truck.

LtJudge

by from Wisconsin on March 11, 2008

I love this truck( Or SUV ) It is very versatile for hauling the family, or hauling sheets of drywall! No problems with using off road as well. The folding rear seat to increase the bed size is awesome! I thought it would be to windy with the back down but that is not the case!

nicest truck and eye appealing

by from Winter Springs, Fl on October 16, 2013

so many whistles and bells I still haven't figured everything out yet, holds a lot of gas empty to full is a price shocker lol

Definately the most BANG for your buck

by from Roanoke, VA on May 13, 2007

I was lucky enough to find an '04 with only 12,532 miles. This is BY FAR the best vehicle I have ever owned.

i owned one

by from monroe, louisiana on October 13, 2011

i owned an avalanche almost exactly like this one and it was my favorite ride i have ever had, i was in a rollover accident with it 2 weeks ago and it saved my life literally, it is a big safe truck. and i dearly miss my "ava". i recommend everone to have an avalanche, i am getting another one asap.!!!!!!

Will miss this car!!

by from El Paso, TX on September 4, 2012

I loved this car. Very comfortable on long rides, great power, luxurious!! Will miss it! Just purchased a new Tahoe, and it doesn't have near the power that my Avalanche had, even though they have the same motor. Getting rid of it because it's almost 10 years old and almost 150K miles!!

Best Around 4 Seater Truck on the Market

by from Washington, DC on November 28, 2012

I brought mine used in 2006 with 43,000 miles on it. Love the interior and the midgate idea. It ride as good as a car. I want the 2 wheel model, my buddy had the 4x4 an it rode harder, also was more expensive to own, with the 4x4 drive. Get a liitler better gas mileage over the 4x4. Have almost 80,000 miles on it an still running great.