Read or write a review.

4.5
Average based on 17 reviews

Ate transmission with only 67k

by from Triad, NC on January 10, 2012

Great truck at first, but at a high cost to maintain and of course drive but i expected a lot more for the high gas and maintainance cost.....the brakes are choppy and it ate a transmission with no warning with only 67000 miles on the odometer. Can anyone say JUNK

Awesome Truck!

by from on December 1, 2009

Bought my 2005 in 2009 It's the best truck I've ever had hands down. It's loaded with great features. Can't wait for the snow!

Comfortable Workhorse

by from NJ shore on July 18, 2013

I needed a vehicle that could tow a boat, haul all sorts of junque and make the wife happy as she moves the grand kids around. The Avalanche fit the bill. A little more of a gas guzzler that I would like but the ability to act as a 1/4 ton pickup and a sedan more than makes up for that. The interior is designed well and fits both me at 5' 10" and my 5' 2" wife. Controls are well placed and easy to understand. The ride is better than most sedans and holds the road well. This is one nice vehicle.

Best truck ever

by from Long beach ca on May 18, 2012

Loved my truck did everything I asked and more. I put 194,000 miles on my truck before it died and I'm buying another one.

Great vehicle

by from Burlington NC on October 28, 2010

The Avalanche has been great! It has the comfort of a suv with the versatility of a truck. Wish I had purchase one sooner.

FANTASTIC VEHICLE

by from Cape Girardeau on December 13, 2010

We have so much fun with this truck. Everything about it it wonderful. It has tons of power to spare.

2005 Avalanche

by from Sherwood, Or on March 30, 2014

I purchased this vehicle in 2005 and traded in my 2001 Chevy Silverado king cab for this larger, more comfortable truck as my children grew into their teenage years. I use the vehicle for long trips, hauling, and the occasional run around town and I can honestly say it is as comfortable as my wife's Mercedes (ride, low road noise, seat comfort) and it has absolutely never left me and my family stranded on the long trips. I have only ever had one issue with the vehicle and had to replace a chip that made my display panel show an error. Once the chip was changed I've never seen the issue again (around 75,000 miles). I now have 105,000 miles on the truck and it remains as comfortable, quite and reliable and shows no signs of breaking down or giving me trouble of any kind. I have done all recommended service but all vehicles require that! In my opinion Chevy/ GM did an outstanding job on this vehicle.

JACK OF ALL!!!!!!!!!

by from marthas vinyard, ma on November 15, 2008

my truck is a 2005 avalanche 4x4 naked, black, bought used in 1/08 with 12,000mls on odo, truck is great for fishing on the beach, interstate travel, and trips to homedepot for anything from doors to drywall, 4x8 sheets! dry!, we get 16 mpg on island, and 20 on the hyway with cruse set at 65mph. truck is great off road an on the beach. no problems and oh yea,onstar is the best, never get lost an monthly emails telling us about all the trucks systems.will buy another when this one has reached our limit.

Fun & Versatile

by from on November 22, 2008

I picked up a 2003 Z71 2.5 years ago with 50,000 miles on it to serve as a 3rd vehicle to tow my 19 ft. runabout and haul stuff. I drive about 2/3 HWY and 1/3 city and average 16.8 MPH. Due to the vehicle's size, I don't even attempt to drive it to my downtown office and parking garage. I have driven the vehicle with 5 adults on a 3 hr trip and everyone was amazed with the comfort. I love the 3 piece tonneau and rear side pockets for storage. New rear brakes and 4 shocks @70k, @75k rear power door looks not working.

Uses car for Towing

Hard Plastic

by from South Hero, VT on August 18, 2014

I have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche LT 2500, love the truck it has the hard plastic all around. After awhile the plastic fades to a grayish color. I used a heat gun (4 hours) and it turned the light gray/gray to the factor black. No damage and it doesn't loose the texture.