2000 Blazer

4.1 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

Was good on snow

by Not sorry I owned it but wouldn't buy again from Home on April 9, 2012

During the time I owned it (~ 11.5 years) I replaced brake lines, intake manifold, transmission (at ~ 55k miles), fuel lines due to a leak, and the alternator at least twice. The seat back adjustment handles broke off both front seats, the fuel level indicator stopped working after a couple of years so I had to estimate how much fuel was in the vehicle by how far my trip meter had advanced. The rear wiper stopped working and the rear defroster cable also kept detaching from the rear window. The rear window washer line broke at some point, spraying fluid all over the cargo area. The last straw with the vehicle was when a vent module near the gas tank died and caused every gas pump to stop pumping because of too much back pressure, It would literally take me 10 minutes to put three gallons in the vehicle. The intake manifold death was caused by a poorly designed radiator cap which would deteriorate and let air into the cooling system. When this occurred, the coolant would become corrosive and eat the intake manifold gasket. I traded it in just a week ago with very slightly over 100,000 miles on the odometer and was happy to get ~10% of what I paid for it in 2000. The interior was nice, the seats were comfortable and it had lots of room in the cargo space.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great on the road or off it!

by Big Miles from Santa Cruz, CA on September 11, 2006

I had my blazer for about two years and it was great. I really liked how it drove and the ammount of power it had under the pedal surprised me. I used it mostly for in-town driving, but did take a couple of trips in it and it was very comfortable. The car handles off-road very well with or without the four wheele drive. I used it on sand and on pretty steep soft-dirt hills. The speakers and all radio options are great. It's really nice to also see the back seats lay down flat and I think that it gave me about six and a half feet behind the driver's seat. Sick car! I'm sad I sold it.

Great car (2000 Chevy Blazer-TrailBlazer package)

by jmill09 from Ohio on December 21, 2008

I got my TrailBlazer with 107k miles, it has about 113k miles on it now. no problems with it. It does good with gas if you take it easy. I love the 4WD auto setting, it gives me good fuel economy and the traction i need. I get good remarks on it all the time. I'm only 17 and i have the nicest car my family, which has 4 other vehicles. I love this car so much I put a Cold Air Intake in it!!!

? about 2000 chevy blazer

by Kate from Northern NJ on July 3, 2009

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer with 126,000 miles on it. So far it been a good car. But at 110,000 miles had to put a rebuild trans in it. The heat went in it. And I live in a hille area and I need the 4wd in the winter did great with that. Had some small problem with the oil lines and tires. Would go through tires just wear them good. Other then that still going

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car, saved my life!

by sls from on June 26, 2016

I got caught in a bad snowstorm, the truck spun 5 times in the middle of the road. Then, I realized that I had 2wd on instead of 4x4. Stomped on the brakes and switched to 4x4 and stayed in my lane to the way home! Why don't they continue this model!

VERY FUN TO DRIVE!

by Offorader from Mass on April 21, 2007

I had this car for 2 years and i bought it with 99,234 miles. Currently has 111,000 on it. I gave it to my 16 year old daughter. Great first car and i feel comfortable knowing she has 4x4 and its nice for her.

blazer

by truck girl from sterling hgts, Mi on August 22, 2006

I have almost 80,000 and I love my Blazer.I get 25 Mi to gallon on freeway. it could use a little more roon inside.but is very reliability. good ride .I love it in the snow. some rattles but most older cars have them not so bad you can't live with.

Best Value Ever - Great Car

by Avg Guy from Phoenix on March 6, 2007

I really enjoyed owning this car. I had it for 3 years and put 75,000 miles on it myself. At 100K miles it doesn't even creak. All door seals are tight and interior is quiet. Very versatile car, back seats fold down when you need haul big items. Car seats fit well into the car also. The V6 engine was a perfect match for this car. Plenty of power and great gas mileage for a sport utility vehicle. The only reason I sold this car, is because I needed something that could tow more. I'll miss this car.

I Love My Blazer

by Eddie Chevy from on October 2, 2016

I bought my used 2000 Blazer LT as a secondary vehicle for winter (I also own a 2002 Monte Carlo SS), and I love it. It had 126,000 miles on it last year, and so far I have added another 10,000 miles of my own, The Blazer runs beautifully as a truck with a relatively stiff, not floaty, suspension, which I prefer. I also love that it has an Auto 4WD setting which drives in 2WD until slippage is detected for which it then switches to 4WD. I highly recommend this truck if one be found in good mechanical condition like mine.

very good vehicle

by nfmnh from New Hampshire on May 13, 2009

Bought this vehicle used in Nov 2006, had 90,000 miles on it. So far have only replaced the battery. Excellent in the snow(important in NH). Good ride. Not bad looking. Have the LT version. Used as a second vehicle and now have 102,000 miles on it. Get decent gas milage. Will keep the vehicle until it quits