7 reviews Change Vehicle

Read or write a review.

7 reviews Change Vehicle

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

by from Hampton, Ga on June 2, 2013

I recently got this car for my 16th birthday because i have always loved the this model of the camaro. My favorite thing about the cr is the T-tops. I also love that the car has automatic windows, and trunk. The performance is awesome, and handling is great! I love the exterior's style, and my interior is custom candy apple red, and black, my exterior is black with a red pen stripe going down the sides of the car. The mpg is not bad for the cars age!!! Overall my camaro rs has been very good to me especially for a first car!!!

runs forever

by from milwaukee, wi on January 5, 2007

Reliablility: The 5.0L v8 TBI is an extremely reliable engine. I have owned two, selling the first with 150,000 miles on it. No major repairs, all that was replaced was the battery and a tune up. The second one I currently still own, with 125,000 miles on it. The power steering line leaked at 120,000 and only cost me $50 to replace and about 20 minutes time. I have seen these engines go in excess of 200,000miles if taken care of ( regular maintenance ) The interior: the car lacks cup holders, and glove box is in the center counsole, which makes it difficult to get while driving. The drivers seat cloth tends to be worn in cars in excess of 100,000 miles, which is pretty average I geuss. Other than that the seats in the front and back are extremly comfortable, although it is hard to get in and out, but once you in it's very comfortable. ( hey it's a sports car, not a grandma's lincoln) Handling- The car handles great, tight turns- responsive steering. Performance- Considering the time period it's quick. The performance is average. Plenty of power for passing cars, great top end power on the freeway. little performance parts are available for the rs v8 model, there is plenty available for the tpi v8 iroc model. Overall it is a good car, with little repair cost.

good car

by from on June 14, 2010

i bought my for 400 dolers did some minor repairs and have drivin it for years it has a 2.8 leeder v-6 and runs and drives like a champ

Piece of History

by from Dayton, Ohio on April 16, 2012

Shiny Red 1989 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z. This is my favorite generation of Camaro. I recall the IROC races with identical prepped cars, and driver skills is what won races. Mine is in great shape; body and chassis still tight, suspension taught. The car is most noted for its handling and near the ground stance. All 8 fuel injectors have been replaced, as has the brakes. It sports new B.F. Goodrich T/As, serviced 4-speed auto transmission and requires only air conditioner service and some cosmetic work. Care has been taken to keep the car as stock as possible; although, the relatively new Flowmaster exhaust does sound great. If you were in high school in 1989, you know what this car is all about.

Amazing car

by from Spring, TX on October 28, 2010

Best Car Ever Got It A Year Ago Never Had Any Problems So That Has To Tell You Something Considering Its 21 Years Old

Nice car

by from Spencer on December 18, 2011

Checked this car out this morning. Motor is exceptional, price is great. Looking for something a little newer. Cosmetic work as mentioned isn't that bad at all. New tires is all I could see it needed, took it for a ride, motor purrs.

Sports Car For The Ages

by from Rosholt, WI on June 13, 2008

This car is quite the exquisite ride. Has the incredible sports car look. The comfort of the ride is a little cramped but only feels like it for 5 minutes after that its just gliding down the road. I am 6'4 and fit very comfortably in the drivers spot. The handling is unbeatable. If you are looking for power i would say get the Iroc-Z28. The High output 5.0 or 5.7 has a lot of oomph over the TBI 5.0 in the base RS. I would recommend a T-Tops. You get the convertable feel or the solid top feel. Convertables are terrible in rollovers and the trunk is a joke. The features are good. Delco sound system and automatic trunk lid are a plus. Now some of the bad things. The windshield is small and hard to see out of. The a/c goes out and needs to be charged. The dashpad tends to crack. And the back seats are incredibly cramped. But the car is amazing otherwise. I'd take over any mustang, any year.

Our Expert Review: 1989 Chevrolet Camaro