1993 Chevrolet Corsica Consumer Reviews

3.5
Average based on 4 reviews

Great Beater

by from Illinois on December 1, 2012

It is almost hard calling it a beater but it looks like one. The car is very dependable just a few minor repairs needed like brakes and control arm after the car had put on over 125000 miles. The Ac broke but when it worked it froze me in place. The heat on the car is amazing to. Back seat lacks space and front has just enough. Car does its job plus more. This would be a great starter car for teens and also just as a back up car. Mine personally has never let me down or left me stranded even in 10 below weather and 100 degree weather. Everything works on the car. So in conclusion if you are looking a for a dependable car than this is it just doesnt look that good to most I have grown to love my corsy it truly is my trusty corsy.

Hard to work on

by from Henderson, GA on March 15, 2013

This Corsica(1993 w/ 3.1) was bought new by my grandmother. In the 17 years and 103k miles she drove it, there weren't many problems. If I remember correctly, she had a radiator hose leak, the overdrive quit, the turn signal switch smoked, and it would overheat at times. Then the car sat for two years as she could no longer safely drive a vehicle. So I got it running with a thermostat, a Torque Converter Clutch, a turn signal switch, a battery, tires, oil change, plugs, wires, etc. In the one year and 10k miles I have had it, the water pump, alternator, and ignition module went kaput. Most of these items are harder to replace than they should be. At least they are cheap. All in all, the Corsica is a fair vehicle, but when they reach a certain age, prepare to work on them regularly.

For the money, a good car!

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 13, 2007

Ive got to say that I have been driving my corsy for about two years now and other that little problems from wear and tear its just fine.

my car stinks

by from avon, IN on July 18, 2006

it breaks down all the time, also i have never seen a corsica on the side of the road that doesnt look like badly out of shape. rusts very easily.