1996 Chevrolet Corsica

so reliable great in winter

by from ny on January 1, 2012

Bought 6 years ago for $100! a little maintenance and thats it! Great in snow and ice, never lets me down!

Great First Car!!!

by from Holt, MI on June 2, 2010

I've had my '96 Corsica for nearly 5 years now. It was my first vehicle and I am so happy I chose this. Sure, it may not be as stylish as sport cars, but it is honestly more reliable. Mine has a 3.1 V6 and at 14 years old, it still has a lot of "get up and go" left. A problem that I have notice is that it leaks coolant from time to time. The only other problem was that a belt pulley broke when it had about 135000 miles on it. Both of these problems are known to happen to Corsicas. Other than the 2 problems, it has been WELL worth the money! I paid $1500 for it nearly 5 years ago and have only put about $800 into it. For an older first vehicle, it has been amazing.

Great dependable gas saver.

by from Houston, TX on December 4, 2009

My parents bought this car at an auto auction when this car had 50K miles on it. It saves gas and has great dependability. It was my father's car but now he drives a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab. It's mine and I really like driving it back and forth to work, which is this car's sole purpose.

Best Family Sedan I've EVER seen.

by from Minburn, IA on May 29, 2008

Best family sedan i've seen in a long time, would be a great car for a 16th birthday present. Fuel friendly, and powerful. And a blast to drive. Very quick exeleration for a front wheel drive 4-door sedan. The V-6 model of the 1996 Chevrolet Corsica will go from 0-to-60 in around 5 seconds. That in my appinion is extremely good for a 3.1 liter V-6 front wheel drive sedan. It handles better than what you would ever think that a 4-door front wheel drive is suppost to handle. The only down side that I have seen about this car is when you put your foot in the gas hard an a wet road!! The tires WILL spin and keep on spinning faster untill you let off of the gas. And is also capable of spinning the tires when on dry pavement too if pushed far enough!!

Chevy Corsica

by from on April 18, 2010

I have owned a 1996 cheverolet corsica for over four years. The great things about this car is decent gass mileage, an above average 2.2 liter four cylinder, the car comes with an optional 3.1 liter v6. The interior though a little dated at in 1996 was surprisingly comfortable though small. Throughout the years though I have noticed cracked and chiped paint, if not taken care of right away the spots that have chipped paint will rust. The head gasket in the 2.2 liter 4 cylinder tends to blow head gasgets quite often, if you are not a mechanic or have any mechanical abilities the fix could become expensive none the less. Overall I think this car is a modest family car for a 2 kid family but I would be trading it for something bigger in the back seat when the kids grow up. The car will treat you better than most however and will leave you remembering what a great first car that was!

Similar Models