1989 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 12 reviews

I love this car!!!

by from Texas on November 7, 2010

I recieved an 89 corvette as a grad present from my dad. I love this car. It may be over 20 years old, but it's fast, looks great, and everybody complaments me on it everywhere i go. I dont drive it very much but when i do i have so much fun. My dad has had this car for three years and has had no major problems with it. The only problems I've had was that the digital tach always reads 0 and the compressor has a leak. If you've ever wanted an affordable and reliable sports car, the C4 corvette is the one.

Been looking for this car for a long time.

by from Rochester, NY on October 12, 2010

89 Vette Hatchback w/ rear spoiler and two tops. All original. Paint is perfect. 43k miles. As expected, it needed some repair work but O.K. for a 21 year old car.

corvette

by from navhille tn on June 1, 2013

the corvette 89 very good, the best one I seem , vehicle is like new, the owner kept it very well, nice car.

Best fun for the dollar factor

by from Upstate NY on October 24, 2011

A late 80's Corvette is currently the best "fun for the dollar" value out there! Period! While the new Vettes are fantasic sports cars for the money I still enjoy driving the version that led to the re-thinking of what a Corvette could be. When Chevy broke the mold they did it in a big way and ushered in the Corvette engineered to drive as well as it looks. Even if you don't agree with all that it's hard to deny that for a very reasonable price one can drive a great handling car that is easy to care for, easy to find parts for and has a decent racing history to satisfy many enthusiasts.

My favorite car

by from Glen Burnie MD on January 20, 2013

I've owned a number of sporty cars, and always wanted a Corvette. My '89 is one of the best cars I've ever driven, great looking, good performance. My only complaint would be wanting more headroom, I'm 6' and my head almost touches the roof. Other than that it's comfortable, fast, and handles great. Recommended!

like em all

by from north jersey on April 27, 2013

I have two, I conv I coupe, 89 and 87 they are just toys to me also have real cars 2012 impala and durango for winter

1989 corvette

by from Smyra tn on July 18, 2012

the corvette I brought, is in excellent condition, the owner explain everything about the car, before I brought the corvette. I really think the owner for this corvette.

hard to rate a 20 year old car

by from Mobile, al on May 21, 2009

I suppose that my ratings are a mixture of 89 and 09 standards. The car was awesome back in 1989. Drew a lot of attention. But today, you dont see many on the road, many cars have surpassed it in terms of acceleration and pure horsepower numbers. This era car is significant in that the performance and emissions were coming together for really the first time. This should be a good entry Corvette for todays enthusiast, It provides a ton of off idle torque. I still enjoy looking out over that long hood with the bulging fenders! If you need more power, its easy to get with todays off the shelf power parts.

Lots of fun

by from on June 9, 2009

A lot of car then, and for today, these cars perform like many others can only hope to. Using state of art technology for the time these cars are incredible values considering their capability. Definitely a car for the sports minded enthusiast.

great car for the price

by from rockford Ill on December 19, 2011

I bought a 1985 Corvette in September of this year. Only had a few months this year of driving car. IT is what they are nothing more and nothing less. I am very happy with it. I have a 67 camaro if I want to go real fast. I just like the looks of a 85 vette, but yes it has been a good buy,and I am happy with it. Have fun