2007 Chevrolet Corvette

Best performance bang for the buck!

by from Beaufort, NC on April 25, 2012

This review is for a 2007 coupe with every option (MSRP was $62K). You buy a Vette for performance and this has it in spades. Very, very fast and surprisingly economical with respect to fuel economy also (I averaged around 25 mpg for 15K miles). The exterior styling is very nice and well done, but the interior styling and comfort leave much to be desired, unless you enjoy facing a sea of cheap black vinyl all around the dash. Fortunately, I got the 2-tone colored interior which helps some, but most all controls are made of GM plastic, certainly not befitting a $62K vehicle. It rides pretty good (somewhat firm) considering the magnetic suspension but do not expect much in the way of mileage from the stock run-flat tires. Figure on replacing them at 20K miles ($1500 for set of 4). The coupe holds a lot of stuff in it's luggage area, so going off for a week's vacation is easy. GM's navigation system is complex to use, but the heads up display is great. My car was cursed with 3 dead batteries within 3 years which is not typical, but extremely annoying as I had to get it flat-bedded back to the dealership. All 3 batteries were somehow defective, no fault could be found with the car. It is not a particularly easy car to get in and out of (low to ground) either, so if you are older or have some mobility problems, this will not be the car for you. But for all-around fun in the American Sports Car, it can't be beat - just understand its limitations.

This is my 3rd Vette

by from Clevelaand, Tn. on March 29, 2010

This is my 3rd Vette. I've owned '00, '06, and now an '07. There are extream differences in the C5 and C6 Vette's. Handleing, ride and performance. Gas mileage is outstanding on my '07, 27+ hwy and 22+ city. I'm 64 yrs old and this car makes me feel young again. A corvette is probably the least expensive car to maintain I have ever owned. Get rid of the run-flat tires and you'll be amazed how much smoother the Vette rides and it's less noisey.

Buy one!!!

by from Carmel, CA on March 30, 2012

I own a 2007 Corvette Coupe and it is a fabulous car! If you are thinking about buying one, do not hesitate, take the plunge. I'm pretty sure you will never regret it. The car is very comfortable, has gobs of power, and is always a pleasure to get in and drive. I get more than 30 mpg on the highway (really, it's true) because the 6th gear is so tall. I don''t now of any car available that offers so much reliability, (nothing has gone wrong with mine...just change the oil and do scheduled maintenance) performance and smiles per mile than this

2007 Vette is GREAT

by from Woburn, MA on November 8, 2012

I have now owned and driven my 07 Vette for 1.5 years having purchased it used with 14,000 miles on it from a Rhode Island chevy dealer. Thanks to a really mild winter of 2011/ 2012 I drove it all year. My car is the 3LT model, silver with chrome wheels and a gray power top. The one fact everyone needs to know is the base model, 400 HP car, with cruise on at 70 MPH gets 32 MPG. THATS RIGHT, AT 70 THE ENGINE IS TURNING 1600 RPM IN 6TH GEAR. At 110 MPH I get 21 MPG. The Vette is the best and I am glad I bought it after waiting 45 years..... PS: Full auto insurance in MA with $500 deductible is only $600. GO VETTE !!!!!!!

converted by Corvette

by from Chicago, Ill. on March 27, 2012

Owned MG's, Triumpth's, Z's, Porsche, Solstice, driven Cobra (real one), Masserati, Ferrarri, C-6 Corvette blows them away. A car that makes you want to drive it every day.

nice car fun to drive. makesw you feel good to dri

by from Salmon Idaho on September 26, 2011

Really a nice car. I should have bought a corvette a long time ago. If you don't like attention don't buy a corvette.

Amazing Car, But Eats Tires

by from Washington State on June 7, 2011

My 2007 Corvette Z06 is an amazing car. Needless to say it's very powerful. When I drive around town I think my right foot travels about a quarter inch to accelerate as much as I need. I rarely floor it (interstate on-ramps are the exception). It'll get to 100 before most cars are wheezing past 60. The seats aren't very comfortable and interior noise is awful. Heat from the engine invades the cockpit, warming your right leg against the transmission tunnel (not to mention your drinks in the cup holder). The nav system doesn't allow for searching nearby, like, "find the nearest Thai restaurant" but otherwise works fine. The heads-up display spoils you and you find the analog gauges redundant. Mine was delivered with a bad battery but after that was resolved (it kept not starting) it's been nearly trouble-free. Except it eats tires and brake pads. At 16,000 miles I'm on my third (!) set of very expensive run-flats and I've lost count of how many brake pads and rotors I've bought. Yes, I drive hard but a car like this should be made to take it. Getting in and out is a challenge but once inside it doesn't matter. It's a joy to drive and that V-8 rumble is musical. I hate the 1-4 shift thing, however, but that's the biggest complaint I have (other than cost). I love this car, but it is expensive to keep running (not the least it's powerful super-unleaded thirst).

Z06 Rocks

by from Leesburg, VA on September 1, 2012

Supercar without supercar purchase price or maintenance costs. Just wish they were easier to come by fully loaded (nav, etc.).

My Dream Car

by from Indianapolis, IN. on December 24, 2013

I know this sounds corny but this is my dream car without a doubt. I have had an 82, 91, 92, 95, 96, 98, 99, and now my 2007. I didn't want to give up my flip up head lights at first until I drove this C-6. The handling and power alone convinced me this is where I needed to be. The bright red, chrome wheels, and the sleak lines of the body makes me feel like a lucky guy. No matter which Corvette you drive, you're never out of style. The only down fall is living in the Midwest and have to wait until spring to really enjoy it. After I sold my 99, I went for a few years without a Vette in my garage. For you people who wait and say "One of these days I will buy a Vette" need to take the plunge and don't look back. I know some like different styles of cars and all I can say is to drive your passion. I feel so alive behind the steering wheel of mine and can't stop smiling. So to the questions...Comfort is very nice..Performance...Wow...Ext. Styling...great...Int. design...awesome...Value for the money...speaks for itself...and lastly, reliability...still new but the carfax from the first owner was clean. In closing, I want to say one last thing. Get this car and you will be hooked on Corvettes. The deals this time of year are everywhere and the selection is great. Figure out what year and the money you want to spend first and then go looking. It took me three months but it was well worth it. Good luck and I'll see you on the road. : { )

Big D

by from Baltimore on July 17, 2010

Have owned two Vetts,now have a 06 convertable,it is a real joy to own a piece american muscle,chevrolet man all the way,i am 6 ft 1 and a big man and this car is very comfortable ,get in buckle up ,tell the bride to relax and hit the gas ,all your troubles are gone when your in this vehicle.just love it .if you can go get one .

Our Expert Review: 2007 Chevrolet Corvette