2011 Chevrolet Cruze

mikescruzin

by from springboro ohio on May 26, 2011

steering is tight and sure. seats are supportive and comfortable. entering highways no problem getting up to speed. passing gear lags a little until turbo kicks in.early start revs about 2K until warm, then settles down. have gotten "over the shoulder" looks from drivers of Chrysler 300's ( my RS package) ---WOW! very nice car. Recall did not turn up any problems.

Buy one, and you will probably love it

by from Chicago area on May 15, 2012

I recently purchased a used 2011 Cruze LT with 18,000 miles for $16k, and I could not be more pleased after the first 2 weeks. I even managed to find one with the steering wheel controls for the radio. I do not fully understand the wide range of prices for these cars, even taking into account the various trim levels, but I feel like I got an awesome deal. This car is a pleasure to drive, considering the comfort, ride, handling, styling, and the 1.4L turbo is a terrific engine. It's surprisingly spunky and the gas mileage is great, 30.5 mpg combined suburban driving and 41 mpg straight highway cruising at 65 or 70 mph (better than advertised). I own a '05 Corvette, a '07 Navigator, and a '06 Jaguar X-Type ( all nice cars by most standards) and I can still honestly say that I really enjoy driving this car. Chevy nailed it in my opinion! Ignore the few oddballs who have critical comments. My few minor suggestions for improvement are to put the gear indicator light by the shift handle (it shows by the speedo), smooth out the slightly rough shifting at very low speeds, and insulate the engine noise a bit more, but believe me that these issues are nit-picks. If you want a high quality reasonably priced car that gets great gas mileage then my advice is.......go drive a Cruze and you will see why people love them.

2011 Cruze LTZ GR8 Car

by from Western Illinois on October 15, 2012

Had our Cruze-LTZ for 5 weeks now. 2011 with 10,500 miles; still smells new. Very nice car. Ride quality could be better, but we are used to Lexus SUV's, so hard to compare. Kept our RX330 and got the LTZ for better gas mileage. So far 38 on the highway and 34 average overall. Turbo works as intended for passing power, accelerating to highway speed, etc. Interior quality comparable to other equivalent cars. Had looked at a LaCrosse, and I would not says that its interior was much better. (Actually had some noticeable flaws.) "Faux" wood trim in most cars does not add much for looks anyway. Cabin control logic is easy to understand; does help to read the owners manual though. Only defects noted are form/fit of trunk lid and hood. Mating surfaces not uniform in separation distance. Minor adjustments would true everything up though. Will likely add fog lights (not standard) via secondary market. Plan to cancel OnStar since we just don't use it. (Who needs another monthly utility bill?) Will buy a Garmin for GPS. Steering adjustment is manual but even the 2012 Caddy CTS (X?) doesn't have power adjustment as standard, nor GPS. Found the color combo we liked, but 90% seem to have black interiors which we do not care for. Also some really awful color combinations out there. Hats off to Chevy for the Cruze!!

A lot of car for the money

by from Nor Calif on May 13, 2011

The Cruze is the 1st small car we have owned in well over a decade. It feels like a larger car and hold our family comfortably. Only wish it had better arm rests for long drives.

Love it!

by from new braufels, Tx on May 4, 2011

Corners beautifully, comfortable for passenger & driver. I find the passenger seat belt tough to fasten at times. Overall mpg is pretty close to the sticker estimate, but we are still in that break-in period

Bought mine new and wish I hadnt ! Dont buy one !

by from St Louis MO on July 26, 2014

I bought mine new with 6 miles on it. It has been in for 2 warranty related issues, that were covered. However, I mentioned the hard shifting with the auto transmission. They claimed they could find nothing wrong. Well, it has continued to do it numerous times. I have told the dealer about it again, no help. They claimed they never heard of a cruze transmission issue. I researched it myself and sure enough, numerous other issues with the transmission all giving the same symptoms. Lag time from when you press the gas pedal to when it actually begins to go. Now, the a/c has issues ! Which is not going to be covered under warranty now. Imagine that ! Add all these problems to the now, 7 recalls ! and I am done with GM. I honestly think I should research finding an attorney for lemon laws.

Love it !

by from Athens , Ohio on July 23, 2011

Really a nice car the power is good . These days MPG's are more important then Power and at 43 MPG's my driven i am more then happy !

great car----except for one thing

by from Duluth Georgia on November 28, 2013

I love everything about my cruze except the key keeps sticking in the ignition....my dealership sates that they have never seen a cruze do this and my car is in the shop for the second time because the dealership did not fix it right the first time...I thought I had bought a lemon but besides this the crruze is the best affordable car chev has..I have a rental sonic and it is ok but the cruze makes me feel like a kid again...I would hightly recommend it to anyone....and if your key sticks....the dealership should know what to do.

Great Car

by from Fenton, Missouri on October 22, 2011

This is a great car for the money spent! The seats are firm and supportive. Lots of trunk space available.

Wish I couldvery given this car no stars

by from Garfield on March 27, 2017

From the looks of the car, interior and exterior and all the hot specs it included when I bought it back in 2012, fairly new with 13k miles on it. Just graduated high school. Seemed like a good buy for me and a car that would last me at least a decade. Didn't take long for that old man at the dealership to get me home in this car. But oh boy, if I had only known then, how much of a headache this car was gonna be.. After a month with the car in my hands, it went in for its first recall, where they sawed off the "engine shield" below the engine due to reports of the car catching fire from leaking oil down there. Awesome!! Not to mention those recalls on the car prior to the purchase of the car that the salesman failed to mention. From there it was nothing but downhill. This car has been in the shop on average probably a week of every month since I've owned it. If not, close to it. I've lost track of the amount times it's needed service. Currently with 101k miles, The biggest issue me and my mechanic have had with this car is the cooling system. We can't seem to get a hold of the issue. Numerous hoses and lines have been replaced. It seems as though we fix one hose, and another goes. Including the the thermostat twice. Weve recently replaced the coolant bucket/bottle and hose leading out of it. Now we're repairing the hose and lines going into the turbo, which was just about pouring out coolant. We're now thinking the turbo is next on the long list of past/present/future parts to be replaced, along with some relevant parts behind there at the same time to hopefully span out my visits to him. Some other things I've fixed on this car include a coil Pack(@60k) because a spark plug exploded and caused damage to its housing that it needed to be replaced. I've replaced the spark plugs a second time since then. Throttle body was replaced along with MAF sensor. Trans oil lines replaced. AT LEAST a handful of other issues have as well been addressed. Current unresolved problems include...... the drivers side heated seat which went a long time ago and the dealership said I'd have to buy a whole new seat to fix that, fuhgettaboutit. The trunk latch died a long time ago too, oh well. Middle arm rest and compartment door/cover isn't so durable either.(doesn't stay shut, velcro does wonders). Also seems to be leaking oil from the valve cover and rear main seal. I'm sure I'll get around to that someday. Orrr, just let it leak oil and coolant til the car finally gives in aND sets itself on fire and burns up. Really looking forward to that day. Can you blame me? Until then, I'll just keep dreaming about driving it thru the front doors of GeneralMotors with joy. I received a settlement from GM for this car that only paid to get it back from the bank when they repoed it 2 days before the check came in the mail. I was four months behind on payments because that money was paying to keep the car on the road. Shame on who? I'd like to throw in that when I was gathering all my paperwork to sue these guys, I had to retrieve all the repair orders, at the time the car had 88k miles. 37 pages long!!! Clearly this car was the biggest mistake of my life thus far. Financially at least. If you own or owned piece of s*** car, God bless you.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze