2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

3.4
Average based on 51 reviews

Very good SUV

by from Erie, pa on July 20, 2013

Bought this SUV in 2009 with 42,000 on it. have 105,000 on it and it has been a really nice car. Get 21 MPG in mixed driving (AWD) and as much as 26 MPG on highway. My neighbor has one with 219,000 on it. My wife says this is her favorite car we have owned. Good in snow, no issues with sunroof, and nice leather interior. The one complaint I would have is the turning radius.

Luv our Equinox

by from Newport Beach, CA. on September 12, 2013

Our 05 Equinox just hit 100,000 and its running great, the only thing ive ever had to do was breakes, tires and oil changes, recently I had to replace front ABS sensors, $565. not bad for 100k miles and 8 years, looking forward to the next chevy suv, getting close and daughters going to collage next year, and guess what? she gets the 2005 Equinox lol oh did I mention looks as good as it did when it was on show room floor.

Love this car!!!

by from New Albany, OH on October 13, 2013

I had a 2005 Equinox LT for 4 years. It was the best car I have ever owned! I have had no really serious problems with this car. Had to replace the CD player in it, not a big deal. Got the same exact style and it works just fine. Very comfortable car. I have been told by a few people that it is more comfortable than a Trailblazer. Backseat is very spacious. I have never felt cramped in this car. It handles very well in the snow. Never got stuck. I have moved with this vehicle and it would fit quite a bit of boxes. I got anywhere between 19-23 mpg. It all depends on how you take care of your car. The only reason I don't have it anymore is because it got totaled. But it is a very reliable car!!!!

nice car

by from Aurora, IN on June 11, 2009

I have owned many new cars but this was my first experience in a SUV/Crossover. I bought it new and it has been great, no major problems or issues and I drive the car alot. I have over 90K on the car and it still looks and drives nice. I would say it is a great car. My car has the sun roof and the LT package, it was all the stuff I needed.

2005 Equinox

by from on December 6, 2011

Nice car. Held up very well. Drove over 120,000 miles with few problems. Bought low. Good trade in value.

Best small SUV

by from mi on August 15, 2011

Great vehicle,for a good price..We purchased ours about a year ago. Could not afford some of the same size vehicles. Not any issues,except normal maintenance. Great gas mileage. So far , we couldn't ask for more

Liked it a lot

by from Cleveland,OH on September 28, 2011

All around Great vehicle!! Loved the ride! When I got it, it was the only vehicle on the lot i wasn't interested in until I got talked into a test drive and fell in love!!

Lowered expectations

by from Chattanooga on December 28, 2010

In general an acceptable suv. Brake, radiator, and air condoning repairs within 50k. If you buy one get a warranty.

Great So Far

by from Phoenix, AZ on July 11, 2007

I have had this vehicle two and a half years....has 34,900 miles on it. The only thing I have had to replace is the battery. It was only due to extremely high heat here in AZ. Anyhow, my only complaints are the interior cloth collects any type of stains and they are impossible to get out. The buttons on the CD/Stereo started chipping off the week I got the vehicle. Other than that, it rides well...plenty of room and low price for what you get.

chevy does it again

by from chicago il on June 24, 2011

i bought this car new.it was nice and it had a sporty style.good on gas.good engin. comfy.smooth ride and roomy .this car dependable at 128,763miles it as today and still runs good no proublems no nothin all my car has needed was gas oil brakes and fuel injenstion oh and tires (2)