2011 Equinox

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox?

This Vehicle Is Unbelievable!!!

by Ted H from Pennsylvania on Fri Oct 01 2010

Just took delivery of my new Equinox LT1 and I am totally Amazed and Impressed! I have been in the business and generally do not get very excited about any vehicle, but I am like a "kid in a candy store" with this one! First, I am a "Big Guy", at 6'4". The first criteria I had in searching for a new vehicle was room and comfort! I drove the Ford Edge, Nissan Murano, Hyundai SanteFe and others. While I seemed to fit in them, my jaw dropped when I sat in the Equinox!!! I literally had to adjust the drivers seat forward a bit! This was a NEW experience for me as cabin space has always been an issue in any car I have owned. As surprised as I was with the room, I had to get out of the drivers seat and get in the rear seat behind the driver's seat as this would be the ultimate test of space. Well, my jaw dropped again as I was able to get in the back seat with more space than I had ever experienced before. My knees did not hit the seat in front and I had more headroom than I ever expected. ALSO, the ease in getting in just blew me away! This was only the beginning of my amazement! Back in the driver's seat, it was time for the test drive! I was very skeptical about a 4 cylinder engine being able to provide enough power for a car of this size! The surprises just kept coming! More than enough power! Then I looked at the EPA gas ratings and could not believe my eyes! 29 mpg highway! WHAT! Handles like a dream, Comfortable, Powerful, Roomy... I don't know what else you could want in a crossover and AWD to boot! Do yourself a favor... Don't take my word for it... go drive one! You will fall in love with it just as I have done! INCREDIBLE!!!

2011 Chevy Equinox AWD V6- DO NOT BUY!

by mncarguy from Twin Cities, MN on Sun Sep 16 2012

After only about 19,000 miles I noticed oil leaks. After taking to Chevrolet Service they informed me that this is not uncommon for the V6 Equinox. Both the engine and transmission had leaks and were in need of extensive hours of repairs. I would advise strongly NOT to purchase this vehicle, as it has been a major disappointment. This will most likely be the last Chevy I will ever own. This is truly an unbelievable piece of junk, especially for the price tag at around 32k!

Nice inexpensive ride

by KilleenTXGuy from Killeen ,Texas on Sat Mar 14 2015

I bought a 2011 Equinox with LT trim and I like it. It has compass and outside temperature sensor which are great for travelers like me. Great on gas. Small enough for a single one or two people but big enough for a small entarage of 5 people plus room for big cargo. Back off camera a big plus. The down side are no up and down adjustment on driver or front passenger seats, sorry short people! They added a useless back adjustment. You still feel like driving a big car because this SUV is small and with low clearance( much less than 6'). but it is stylist and looks very sport for just one or two people and corfortable for 5 passengers.

Nightmare on wheels

by NeverBuyingGM from Fort Wayne, IN on Wed Aug 07 2019

We purchased our 2011 equinox in 2015, and the problems started almost instantly. Within a few months the Stabilitrak failed and the moon roof started leaking. Got that fixed and then the airbags started throwing out warnings. Once that was fixed the seat belts started to send warnings as well. The engine consumed oil the entire time (check for the current class action lawsuit) and eventually the timing belt snapped ruining the engine at only 120,000 miles. The car may seem like a great value but you'll pay just as much in maintenance and repairs as the MSRP to keep it running on the road. Avoid this and any other GM cars at all costs!

Most Costly on oil

by DWB from NL,Canada on Tue Oct 28 2014

112,000kms on it and have been putting oil in the engine every 1300km finally they are monitory the oil for the next while ,my brother & sister both have same equinox and both have problems with oil sister has her engine redone all 3 of us well not be buying another EQUINOX or Chev. service in Hickman's is so -so the service people can only do so much

The only thing I hate

by Ms.T from Albany GA on Tue May 31 2011

The only thing that I REALLY REALLY HATE about my 2011 Chevy Equinox is the air circulation the vents are positioned arwardly and people in the back are unable to feel the air. Its a shame had to buy a portable fan from walmart that attaches to the front head rest just to get air in the back SHAME ! ! SHAME! Other than that I love my new Baby.... Just put vents in the back. Thank you

2011 EQUINOX WIDESPREAD DOCUMENTED ENGINE PROBLEM

by Equinox Has Engine Problems from TENNESSEE on Thu Jun 14 2012

EQUINOX BUYERS BEWARE, the 2.4L, 4cyl Equinox has had several engineering PI's issued regarding engine knock problems both during startup and during idle situations. This vehicle has also had some transmission issues related to hard shifting and stalling. It would be recommended that you investigate these PI's before considering purchase of this vehicle. Refer to Youtube and several Equinox blogs and consumer websites.

Nice ride

by RdLN from Arkansas on Thu Jul 07 2011

Our Equinox oozes comfort,even with the modest LT package. We traded in an older Odyssey van. The interior is awesome, and the safety features are amazing. The rear seats don't fold flat though. I have more cargo room in my Vibe. Also, the 32 mpg is a big stretch. I get 22/25 with AWD. It's a nice ride though. Maybe a bit underpowered with the 4 cylinder, but without it I can't imagine the gas mileage. We think it's a keeper though.

Unbelievable for the money

by Trucker from Niles, Ohio on Thu Sep 30 2010

This is our 2'nd equinox. We traded our older generation model for the new one. Wow, what an improvement. The vehicle is extremely quiet with the active noise cancellation. The "high tech" look and functionality of the interior is second to none. The 4 clyinder doesn't have the get up as the old model's 6 cyl but the added fuel economy is worth it. But, don't expect the 32 mpg highway unless you're on level roads, going moderate speed with nothing turned on (like a/c). The interior fit & finish is great and the seat comfort is overall good. It needs to have a more adjustable passenger seat. I suggest the backup camera as the overall rear visibility is not too good. The exterior styling and fit & finish are also very good. The only negative comment I have on the exterior design is that the protruding front nose is a real "bug catcher".

Quiet and Comfortable

by Rowdyone from Chicago, IL on Wed Dec 08 2010

I've been driving my 2011 Equinox for 6 weeks now and I still look forward to getting in it each time. The exterior looks great--lots of compliments on it. The interior is very comfortable and quiet. Best of all, the ride is very smooth, and feels like a luxury car ride. Also it's roomy in the backseat--no complaints from my 6 ft. son. The steering wheel controls are handy but just a little quirky to use, but I'm really loving the Bluetooth. There is tons of storage--the console can fit a laptop! One thing I don't like is a huge blind spot caused by the support connecting the passenger window and the windshield. Also I'm not getting the gas mileage that Chevy claims Equinox should get. But overall I'm very happy with it and it is a great vehicle for the price.

Our Take on the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox

With the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox’s high-quality interior and great ride, it’s easy to see why the compact SUV has been a runaway success, though its value diminishes as the trim level and price rises. It is available with FWD or AWD.

It’s been two years since our initial review of the redesigned 2010 model. Now, a few years in, we’ve tested multiple Equinox trim levels against fresher competition. This time around, I drove the most-expensive trim, the LTZ, with a four-cylinder engine and AWD. Other trims are the LS, 1LT and 2LT.

There aren’t many feature changes for the 2011 Equinox versus the 2010. For a comparison of the two model years, see here.

Winner of... Read More