2007 Chevrolet Hhr

Amazing finding!

by from Lansing, MI on September 15, 2017

2006 with 42000 miles kept in garage, never abused, services at the dealer, new tires, break, oil, air filter, detailed, super clean, smooth ride, no noises and it looks like brand new. I was incredibly lucky buying this car. It has the simplicity and comfort that I enjoy so much. I had a great deal and a lot of a car for another 10 years or more.

Gets good gas mileage

by from Comanche, Tx on September 1, 2017

Is a good first car for my son. Drives good with good gas mileage. Not much leg room in the back seats. Has a big area in the luggage area

Good everyday driver.

by on August 13, 2017

Ive been driving my HHR for 5 years now. It is reliable and a very good everyday driver. Im good with it in the snow but for the average driver it might not be the same way for the lower trim models do not have traction control. The only problems i have had with it is the transmission and the front wheel bearings. The transmission i wouldnt worry about about as much because it was such a catastrophic failure i cant see it happening on a normal occasion. As for the wheel bearings, its just something you have to deal with. If you know cars well then its not a hard and expensive fix. However, if you do not, then just make sure the garage you bring it to dosent milk you for a lot of money because it dosent take alot of time or money. But other than that, i love the car, has quite a bit more space than it seems and i would highly recommend it.

Loved my HHR! Was sad to have to get rid of her.

by from Payson, AZ on August 11, 2017

Classic, comfortable, fun to drive, even on long trips. Only two things I wasn't totally happy with. 1. Front columns were too wide. 2. Cup holders in awkward position. Other than that, I LOVED HER, and was very sad to have to let her go. I needed a 4WD vehicle.

Uses car for Havingfun

Very comfy car

by from Ft. Worth, tx on August 7, 2017

Very nice smooth ride. Plenty of leg room for tall people. Back seats fold down to make room for things you may need to haul. Spacious
Not Rated Reliability

CA DMV licenses it as a truck!

by from L.A.County, CA on August 3, 2017

I own the '07 LT ; 'has a moonroof. It was my spouse's work transport. It is a tough performer. Some things to check: oil switch location allows oil to drip down onto the starter below, if it leaks or fails,-that means a new starter, almost $400. I replaced both... the oil switch (last) after it leaked on the NEW starter. Almost cost me a 2nd starter. The gear shift actuator fails & won't allow shifting 'til the stick is jiggled a bit, for 9 yrs. (dealer never could fix it). RECALL ON STARTER: AFTER it's replaced; the key has failed to start HHR, OFTEN. After over a yr., today, my local mechanic learned security code of car fails to read the new key and won't allow car to start. about 2-3 times @ mo. I was stranded 3 miles from home @105F and 80% humidity...w/my cane, this wk. I had driven the car 15 mi. that day. Gas mileage is so-so. Good cubic feet for load. Battery is highly inconvenient to access. One keyed DRIVER's door & no other locks. Tree top fell on the roof in windstorm; driver door was jammed, but compartment was intact! WOW! A bit more common sense & design detail & Chevy could have a runaway favorite in the economy/work truck for small businesses. They need a female on the functional design stuff...REALLY?, window buttons you have to look down at the console to use...that is begging for a bang and a crash...thankfully ins. companies don't seem to know. I had to pay extra for a fab back mat for hauling things...THAT is really a CLASS A mat to protect the plastic tire compartment cover in the back...It's American made, too, I think. No category below for my use, but I haul clothes, food, port--cribs, changing tables,etc. to Indian reserves,and I drive 89-90 yr olds to drs. w/walkers, canes, and oxygen tanks. Would like to stay w/Chevy, but cost cutting seems more important than passenger safety, and back seat door frame is hard for elders post knee surgery to enter. I've been a chevy owner for almost 55 yrs. that may change unless Chevy does something smart w/an otherwise potentially GREAT vehicle. I can't afford the big fancy SUVs on a fixed income. For Brake replacements owners should ask for "heavy duty" replacements.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Fun car to have- loved heated seats in winter. and

by from austin tx on June 26, 2017

This car got treat gas mileage- you can put all seats down an haul alot in it. Also will handle 8ft boards if need be. Nice ride on long trips. Didnt like the lowness of it you had to watch where you drove over.

Reliable

by from Ca on June 26, 2017

Sufficient leg room, adjustable 360 AC, large trunk space, completely foldable back seat drives smoothly very spacious

Love this car

by from Tamaqua, PA on May 18, 2017

This car has met more of my needs then I expected. I am now able to take my friends camping and to the beach

Reliable and fun

by from on April 29, 2017

I have enjoyed driving my HHR. It has so much room with the seats folded down! I only need a truck for beds and couch!

Our Expert Review: 2007 Chevrolet Hhr