1992 Lumina

1992 Chevrolet Lumina

Have you driven the 1992 Chevrolet Lumina?

awsome cars!!!

by fatboy from perry,mi on March 22, 2009

i have loved these cars i have ownded 2 a 90 and 92 both were the best cars that i have ever owned my 90 i bought for $900.00 and the only thing i had ever had to do was replace power sterring pump,oil changes,brakes typical maintnance on any car.i had the 90 till the tranny went out in it at like 230,000 miles but for the majority of the time i owned it i drove over 100miles a day i was bumbed to see it go i currently own a 92 i had also picked up for 900 with un know amount of miles but odom sayed 92000 when bought it now has 126000 and i have had none other then typical maintnace to do on the vehicle both of these cars had done me right and i agree when people say they are tanks great winter car handles snow like the roads are clear and dry. i have also know other people to own these vehicles wityh little to no probloms my brother in law currently drive one and it has around 280000 miles on it. i am currently looking at buying another one but alot newer 98 LTZ with the 3800 motor in it that has 82000 miles on it. and if this one is as good as the rest of them i would have this for like the next 20 yrs.lol and maybe if gm still made a car that was as reliable as this one they might still be doing good....just a thought gm

AMAZING

by James from Ohio on May 12, 2009

I bought a '91 Lumina for $200... I fixed it up a good amount, but it hasnt had any problems since. (Ive had it for 4 years) Awesome car...sounds great, feels great, works great...if you take care of it. (previous owner didnt)

best car ever

by lovin my z34 from iowa city,ia on February 11, 2008

this car was my fist car and its still in thesame shpe i bought it brand new the only difference is its 15 years older sure ive had to fix a few minor things here and there but its still my favorite car.

My first and still favorite car.

by Nino from Chicago IL on July 22, 2017

My dad game me his 92 lumina when I graduate from high school. It had about 72k miles on it and I drove it throughout college and after as well. When I sold it it had 230k miles and the only thing I changed on it was the starter, brakes and oil. The car was a tank. So comfortable and a pleasure to driver. I miss it even today and I'm still sad that I didn't keep it and took better care of it. I will definitely look to buy one again as my second car because it's till my favorite car that I've ever had

Comfortable and Classy

by All for Chevy from on July 25, 2013

I have always loved these cars since I was little. I am 17 now and I bought a red 1992 Lumina not too long ago and I love it. The previous owner took amazing care of it, inside and out it is virtually brand new. Gas mileage is great and it drives smooth. 169,000 miles and I plan for it to last me through college! Its fairly reliable... Just keep up maintenance work and it runs perfectly. Overall i would recommend this spacious car to anyone.

I wish I could find more of them

by Nee Nee from Lynchburg, VA on June 20, 2012

We used to be Ford fans but were able to buy 2 from husbands employer from their fleet of cars. One of ours has 350,000 original miles and still runs great. It is so dependable.

Barnfind mint

by barnfind from Niagara Area on November 2, 2015

Barn find with only 89,000 km back seat not even sat on. 3.4 purrrrs like a kitten, dual exhaust stainless from the factory. could use a couple of cup holders in the front seat area. but really a nice driver ,

endless top end

by lumina guy. from pennsylvania on April 22, 2010

Beleive it or not I have a car just like this black with the 5 spd. And man oh man does she run good. she handles well. Has great acceleration. and the 3.4 liter twin dual cam 24 valve v6 (LQ1) is a high revving engine and with the getrag 5 spd she runds like a top.

Z34

by Nick from on November 14, 2008

I have the Z34 and it is a tank. It obviously has great performance and handles great, but its also reliable as a tank! Not bad for America's first DOHC V6!

Sexiest car of 1992

by MLoon from Athens,Tn on March 14, 2008

Nice car, but no cd player standard....Come on chevy needs to come back with this body style with a newer look....

Our Take on the 1992 Chevrolet Lumina

The Lumina with a kick to it.

That`s an apt description of the Z-34 version of the midsize Chevy for1992. The Z-34 breaks from the conservative Lumina mold by offering a 3.4-liter, 210-horsepower dual overhead cam V-6 teamed with either a five-speedmanual or four-speed automatic.

The Z-34 is available in coupe or sedan version for `92. We test-drove atwo-door coupe built on a 107.5-inch wheelbase and 198.3 inches long. Despite the dimensions, the rear seat is a bit cramped.

Our test car came with the five-speed, which started out a bit notchy,but like a new pair of shoes got smoother after a brief break-in period.That`s not like most GM five-speeds, which start out and stay finicky.

... Read More