1993 Lumina

1993 Chevrolet Lumina

4.2

3 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1993 Chevrolet Lumina?

Good car for money

by Captain Redneck from Waterville, ME on Wed Aug 19 2009

I have had 3 of these cars. They were 1 Euro coupe, and 2 Euro sedans, ranging from 92-94. Overall it is a good car, but there are a few things to watch for. From 90-94 GM used a leaf spring type setup that broke easly. Over time the rubers fall out of the ends and the spring fails. All of mine suffered from that problem. Also the cheap rear calipers only last one break job. They stick very easily and need to be changed EVERY time you do rear brakes. All of mine suffered this problem. Once you get past those things it is overall a great car. The 3.1 V6 maybe small but it packs a punch!

Lumina Euro very reliable auto

by Mountain Car Enthusiast from Mabton Wa on Thu Oct 15 2009

We purchased the car from a local Chevy dealership with 60K miles but a recent top end repalcement. Kept oil, filters and plugs new- the engine purrs like it was new and it's got great power (16 in. rims really make the difference) and has a great top gear for decent hiway mileage (22-25). Although we're going to sell it, I can't say enough about it's reliability. Always roars out of the start, even after 1 1/2 yrs sitting in the garage. A nice car for the money no doubt.

5 Lumina Sedans, all cherries!

by Luminas Rock from Springfield, MO on Sat May 12 2007

My family has owned 5 different Lumina Sedans (90-95s)and have never been left wanting! We have owned 2 of the 93 Euros and both were absolute dreams to drive. We bought both cars used and ran them beyond 200,000 miles before anything serious wore out. They do have the notorious Chevy breaks, especially on the rear, so you do have to keep an eye on them, but I've never been dissapointed in the power or road-hugging capabilities of this nearly full-sized sedan. It has a very large turing radius and a front-end that is longer than it "feels," so give yourself plenty of room when parking. I find that I can take "45mph" curves at 60-65 without feeling like I'm going to loose it. It is hard to feel speed in this car. When passing one day, I was suprised to look down and find I was going almost 100, no shimmys, no rattles, just a smooth ride. If new parts weren't getting so hard to find, I would buy another Lumina in a heartbeat. They are easy for the non-dealer mechanic to work on, and junkyard parts are accessable to most people. I would definately encourage a budding mechanic to buy this car and drive it through its twilight miles, you won't be dissapointed.

Great Family Sport Coupe (FSC)

by Sport Man from Emporia, VA on Thu Jun 15 2006

I love this car! Very sporty for a car of the early nineties. The 3.4L V6 makes 200hp. I bought a performance chip which gave me another 10 horses.I bought this car three years ago with 96k on the clock. It now has 174k and is still running strong. I shall keep this for a long time.

Thought it was a clunker!!

by Syke13 from Mobile, Al on Tue Jun 09 2009

My other work car died on me for the time being, so I found this Lumina with only 74,000 original miles on it. Now my wife is driving it and i am in her suv. i love the power and how quiet it is. the only problem is that one of the struts is bad, but that will be corrected. the paint is terrible, my manager says that year had a laminent problem, but i am gonna keep it for a while and get it painted, one of the best cars i have driven!!

Our Take on the 1993 Chevrolet Lumina

It was dislike and disappointment at first sight.

When this week's test car arrived sporting the same old clunky dash, door-mounted seat belts - and still lacking a driver's side air bag - I began preparing myself for a dull week.

Then I drove the blazing-red Lumina 3.4 Euro sedan, and I changed my mind.

At this point - the Lumina is 4 years old - there really should be a more user-friendly dash, an air bag and a set of seat belts that doesn't cut across your neck.

Serious buyers can expect considerable flexibility, thanks to rebates and a pinch of good old-fashioned bargaining. Considering the price, the performance, the room and the equipment, the Lumina 3.4 Euro has much going for it in today's... Read More