1997 Chevrolet Lumina

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by from Muscle Shoals, al on August 18, 2017

This car ran extremely well and I never experienced any problems with it. The car drives extremely smooth and gets exceptional gas mileage. It is a great family car with plenty of space inside.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

BEST CAR EVER

by on July 27, 2017

My family bought this car in 1997 brand new off the lot. It was our family vehicle until 2010 when it was passed onto me. I kept the car for a couple of years. My dad convinced me to buy a new vehicle cause this one was getting old. I sadly took his advise and bought a dodge caliber. BIG mistake!!!! The lumina is still on the road today, it had a small bit of rust on the front wheel wheel that was fixed. The lumina was the best car and i regret selling it to this day. If you have this car..... keep it!!!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Chev Lumina

by from Sheboygan, WI on June 19, 2017

I bought this car new. There were some issues. Power steering unit had to be replaced, window motor went bad, visor bracket fell out out of headliner. After that stuff it was mostly wear and tear.

Great car, very reliable.

by from Colorado on June 13, 2017

This car was very spacious and comfortable. Drove 50 miles daily to work for years and never had any issues with performance.

GM repaired my visor, it was never fixed!

by from WI on May 8, 2017

GM saved $0.17 per car by using a plastic head gasket. That one melted, I have a real head gasket now! I've repaired many things on this car and still drive it today.

Great car

by from on January 17, 2014

Got mine with 224k on it had for about 8 months only had to replace spark pugs on it and i slid into a curb havent done any repairs to it now its got about 250k on it still running like a champ even after all the off roading driving through puddles and going through water that went up to the windows ive put through things a little s10or ranger could only dream of going through never got stuck once and still running great

Faithful old steed

by from on December 16, 2013

I got a 97 Lumina with the 3.1 V6 with 165K miles on it, now up to 281K miles! Biggest thing to watch out for is the lower intake manifold gasket leaking. It's a well know fault. Besides that, nothing big (gas tank, widow controls, water pump, time chain cover gasket). Finally rusting to death after 15 years, but it's running great right to the end! I'll shed a tear when I get rid of it!

Junk, piece of junk

by from Penna. on April 2, 2012

bought 2 months ago with warrenty, been in shop 5 times with warrenty no help...complete junk 4sale.

One of the best cars I had

by from Shawnee,OK on February 5, 2012

I had this car for three years!It did not boom out on me.I just wanted something different because I drove it everyday.

1997 Chevy Lumina LS

by from on August 24, 2011

Purchased this car used 10 years ago. It has just under 160,000 miles on her. It is extremely comfortable with lots of front and rear leg room. I take it everywhere, including camping in the mountains along dirt roads. It has been rear ended twice and still going strong. Still drives straight and true. Great performance, great acceleration and gas milage. I get from 29 to 33 miles per gallon highway depending on speed and condtions. I have replaced the serpintine belt, starter and water pump. Other "consumable" items I have replaced include Spark plugs, Spark plug wires, transmission fliud and filter, coolant, battery, tires, fuel filter, head lights, brake lights and other exterior lamps.

Our Expert Review: 1997 Chevrolet Lumina