2005 Chevrolet Malibu

Worst car EVER!

by from St Joseph on September 16, 2017

Bought this car used with 107,000 miles. At 122,000 miles the transmission quit. Sweet looking car, sporty. I have decided after this experience to purchase Nissan or Toyota in the future. Bought this because it was "American". Not impressed...devastating actually. Check out how many recalls.

Okay Car I guess, NOT great on gas

by from Dallas, TX on August 23, 2017

My car is old (2005 model) and I purchased from someone who purchased from a car auction. I had to do some work on it to keep driving, mainly changing starter and battery. I wouldn't deem that to be because of the car model though and I didn't pay much for it. But it has been driving, it is not perfect but I drive it and it is average to good for similar cars. It is a 6 cylinder and uses gas quite a bit faster than i had hoped, that is one setback to consider. But maybe I can improve its gas milage by doing more work on it

Pretty good car.

by from Lebanon pA on August 13, 2017

Overall I don't really have any complaints about the car. I have the v6 lt model of Malibu. The biggest issue I have is that the front turn signal sockets melt and need replaced due to them overheating from the daytime running lights. It's also really good in the snow. I had a 4wheel drive vehicle before this and was nervous about it only being front wheel drive but it does well.

2005 malibu ls sedan 3.5 liter

by from Elk River,Mn. on August 1, 2017

This car has been an excellant vehicle.It has been reliable and trusty.for 7 years and 84000 miles it has served us well.mileage exceeds expectations.We have got from 26.3 to just over 35 miles per gallon.At 171300 miles we still get 25.7 to 33.6 miles per gallon.Power is good and you dont need anymore.It drives and handles well.It broke down once in all that time.I replaced the battery once and have drove it ever since.It has been our second car 3 years or so.It starts after a week outside in the coldest winter weather.This makes an excellant back up vehicle.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Longest car I have owned!

by from Salisbury, MD on June 14, 2017

I purchased this car pre-owned in 2008. Although there were repairs, some major, I owned the car for 9 years and traded it in with 207,000 miles. It was dependable, powerful, and worth every dime I spent!

I fell in love with this car!

by from Elyria on June 9, 2017

Seems like a good dependable vehicle, comfortable to drive, body is in good shape. Took it to my mechanic and couldnt find anything wrong with it.

Excellant vehicle well worth the money

by from on May 18, 2017

Reliable cheap to own good gas mileage very good riding and handling car.Good equipment good power chevy had a winner with this car.This car has more than payed for its self and at 169000 miles still runs good and is always reliable.

Decent car

by from Albany, GA on April 24, 2017

Decent vehicle for the money. Overall I would recommend. Only has problems with the stereo going out.

Low maintenance, very reliable, fun to drive

by from San Antoni on April 19, 2017

Bought this car new in 2005. Black 4-door with all the bells and whistles - heated seats, sunroof, V-6, nice sound system, aluminum wheels, etc. Now has 149,000 miles and never misses a beat. Here is a list of the issues, though. Motor mount is liquid filled and the right side mount suddenly lost all its fluid at 130K. Replaced with a standard mount form Auto Zone since the dealer wanted a fortune for the fluid-filed ones. Radiator sprung a leak about the same time. Again, replaced with an Auto Zone rebuilt and installed it myself with no trouble. Rubber headlight mounts have started to wear and the left headlight now vibrates like you see some truck lights do. Will figure out a way to brace them up a bit. Also, right side mirror vibrated so I put some plastic tubing between the mirror and the housing. No more vibration. The inside of all four doors have fabric panels that have come unglued, probably because of all the Texas heat over the past 12 years. Also have had to replace the blower resistor a month or two ago. I am told this is a common problem with Chevys of this era. Other than that, change the oil and keep all fluids up and it will run like a champ. Fun to drive, gets 34 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH. Car handles great.

Good investment, reliable, inexpensive maintenance

by from West Lafayette, IN on March 10, 2017

Great reliable, inexpensive starter car. Design has kept with time, doesn't show age. Owned car for 5 years and have only needed to replace tires.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu