2009 Malibu

2009 Chevrolet Malibu

2009 Chevrolet Malibu

4.3

Have You Driven the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu?

True review

by Iowa Hawkeye from Cedar Rapids, IA on Fri Aug 10 2012

I bought my 2009 malibu 3 years ago and generally love the car, however, one major point of dissapointment is the handling in the snow. I live in Iowa and drive 45 highway miles round trip every day to work. This car is terrible handling in snow, even just a little snow or rain. I've bought new tires (which are 17 inch tires and very expensive, something I didn't think about when I purchased the car) and the new tires didn't make a bit of difference. If you don't drive in snow much, this car is great and I love most everything else about it. But I'm looking to trade because I'm tired of not getting around in the winter. Also, gas mileage at the time was rated 28-33 MPG however I have never broke 27 MPG.

Malibu ready for the SS version

by Doc Edwards from Santa Fe, NM on Fri Apr 09 2010

This is the best Malibu GM has produced since the late 60's". Performance, Styling and Reliability are just the beginning of the story. I have over 36000 miles on my 2009 and have enjoyed every mile. Comfort level is great on long or short trips and so is the Performance. Great gas mileage and power when you need it for passing. Handles like a sports car and I would recommend GM bring back the SS version just for the fun of it. The six speed automatic is vary responsive and can only imagine what a six speed standard would do. I would highly recommend this car to my family and friends.

Excellent family car

by Jim from Phila, PA on Tue Jun 08 2010

Bought new (LTZ, 6 cylinder, black - black / red int), has approximately 15,000 miles on it - mainly from short distance city driving, etc. The styling is elegant but not old and still sporty at the same time. Gas mileage is decent. The hands free is great, but refuses to work with my phone (junk verizon phone.) Rear visibility is ok, not anything to be overly concerned about. My one TRUE complaint... there should be some sort of locking gas cap or cover offered with the car. Aside from that... I LOVE this car.

typical first year model car problems

by Will A from fort worth, texas on Tue Feb 05 2013

I've had my 2009 Malibu 2LT v6 for about 6 months. It's been in the shop 4 times. All the door locks have gone out, seat frame broke(and I only weigh 200 lbs), AC went out, one of the radiator fans went out, the gas fill sensor went out which caused the car to not want to start after fill ups, the car has a constant squeak&rattle from the rear which I was told they may do a recall on but they dont exactly know how to fix it yet. It does have good power, smooth ride, handles nice, and I get compliments on the looks ALL the time, but opt for a year newer or so...maybe the bugs are all worked out on the 2010 and newer ones...maybe.

Does not recommend this car!!

Surprise Surprise

by Had no idea from Baltimore, MD on Sat Apr 28 2012

I recently financed a preowned Malibu. I had no idea that I would love it so much. I needed a car that gets good gas mpg, and is comfortable. I am 6'6" and have trouble find automobiles that I can fit in, and when I do the vehicle is usually not very good on gas. I was so surprised when I got this Malibu. It handles well and for a four cylinder its got some spunk. I am truly happy about this purchase . Its been awhile since I have had car I was proud to drive.

Great Car for a good price

by Malibu Momma from Flint, MI on Fri Sep 24 2010

I bought my Malibu a couple months ago after trading in my 2005 Trailblazaer. I have 3 children and wanted something better on gas because I drive quite a bit everyday. Although, my Malibu doesn't have the cargo space that my TB did, it is still very roomy. The rear seat is a bit cramped for 3 kids, of which 2 are in car seats, but it drives very smoothly and I really love the overall appearance of my car. So far so good.

Great CAR!

by Florida Sheezy from Florida on Sun Mar 27 2011

I bought this car and only had for a little over a year. Paid $20K for the fully loaded V6 LTZ, absolutely a beautiful car. I am in my late 20'sand didnt want the mundane look of the everyday sedan. I have to say that Chevy has really impressed me with this design. After 25K miles we sold it for $17K. It was the best car we have owned and I would love another one. Extremely comfortable, roomy, quality interior, very peppy sporty engine. I heard it was the same chasis as the cadillac and I wouldnt doubt it. Excellent safety features and crash test ratings!The only downsides that werent a big deal, but a drawback were: Passenger side mirror doesnt autodim at night, rear window has somewhat of a blindspot, the vanity mirrors werent great. The reason we got rid of it was we have 2 kids now and there is only room for 2 car seats in the back realistically. So we couldnt have any other passengers with us on trips. I recommended it to everyone, even got my mom to buy one. We miss you Malibu!

nice ride, plenty power

by Jimbo from Nashville, Tn on Thu Dec 13 2012

Car is tite in curves, very smooth and plenty power. Stylish, very nice on inside and very clean. Really good sound system and features.

chevy malibu

by addicted to cars from md on Mon Jan 16 2012

Chevy Malibu is the best car I owned, what should I say about the car let's start from outside what's makes this car to stand out the grill and headlights .and the interior is the best the green light on the door knobs and rear viewing mirror that shines down at night " it makes you to feel like u flying a plane. You should taste car before they go away because they coming out the newer version in 2013 and I don't like it.

Great Ride

by JT from Royal Oak , michigan on Sat Aug 11 2012

This is one of the best rides I have ever had .Great engine .You have to get used to the tranny. Ride is very nice .Seat are great .legroom in rear could be a little better.Overall will give it 4 and a half stars

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2007 about the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. This year's Malibu gains a standard electronic stability system and other safety features. To see what other details are different for 2009, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

GM has watched its place in the passenger-car market dwindle in recent years, and the all-new Malibu midsize sedan is the company's first step in an attempt to reclaim its former status as a high-profile player in the space. While the Malibu may not have the nearly silent ride of a Toyota Camry, nor the high-quality interior of a Honda Accord, it does offer an enjoyable driving experience —... Read More