2016 Malibu Hybrid

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid?

Great car with great styling

by KYmalibu from Louisville, KY on Fri Sep 09 2016

The new 2016 Malibu hybrid has me smiling every time I step inside. From the new exterior design, to the spacers and will designed interior, I am thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail and usefulness of every aspect. The car feels smooth when driving and you don't notice the handoff from electric to gas motors. The breaking feels very natural and not aerification like other hybrids. Overall it deserves all the persist it has received.

Far more than expected

by gas shocker from Manchester, NH on Fri May 05 2017

I purchased a loaded nav, leather, roof Malibu hybrid as a commuter. I've owned it for 8 months and wouldn't look back. The seats have great support which I need since I drive an hour to work. The features are great, quick and easy to use. It has plenty of get up and go with the electric motor. I drove it through the winter and it handled great with nokian hakkapeliitta snow tires. I'm still amazed at the gas mileage. Currently with 13K miles I am averaging 43.1mpg and I don't drive easy. The quality is great too - much better than I expected and I love the luxury styling. It has a slight benz look to it on the side. I still can't believe it is a Malibu. This is an awesome buy! It's worth every penny!!!

Possibly the best car, mileage, and safety.

by Hogan from Wash. State on Thu Apr 27 2017

My 2016 loaded Malibu Hybrid is averaging 45.9 mi. per gallon for 2689 mi. The car rides and drives great and is quiet. The driving and safety features are amazing. In my opinion, Toyota and the rest of the mid size hybrids on the market can't compare with the Malibu.

Low this car

by Al the Retiree on Mon Oct 23 2017

I just retired and bought the vehicle for traveling. It is great to dive. Handles wonderfully in the mountains especially on the curves with it low center of gravity. Fuel economy is great. Performance is also great.

Great Vehicle

by mrchips from Norwalk, Ohio on Tue Dec 13 2016

This is a great car. G.M. did a great job on comfort and I can't believe the mileage. I'm getting around 45 miles in the city, and it has some really neat gages in the car. I would definitely recommend this vehicle

Very nice car.

by danjaxsn from Charlotte, NC on Tue Nov 22 2016

The car is very nice. Put about to 2750 miles on it and only filled up 5 times. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a new car.

Love This Car

by Peter from Bridgton, ME on Thu May 04 2017

This is our first hybrid. I have never been a fan of cars, love my trucks. I traded my truck for this Malibu for the fuel economy. It has awesome power with the 2.5L turbo. I use this car to go everywhere in Western Maine and climbs these mountains without even batting an eye. I have had a lot of trouble with the XM Radio in our part of the state as do many others in our area. I love the leather seats and all the storage in this car as do my passengers. Do I regret getting rid of my truck, not a bit.

So far so good

by MalibuHybrid17 from Chicago, IL on Thu Feb 01 2018

Great gas mileage (averaging around 40-45) driving mostly highway miles. That's the main reason I bought it. As a bonus, the interior design is cool and tech friendly. Trunk space is small but that's to be expected with a hybrid. At 6-3 and 220, I fit comfortably in the driver's seat. Car is surprisingly quick. Engine is a smidge noisy from like 15-30 miles per hour, but then it quiets down from then on and is a pleasure to drive.

Our Take on the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid

The Verdict: The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid delivers the impressive fuel economy of a hybrid without the eccentric styling and quirky road manners many are known for.

Versus the competition:
Competitive mileage, natural-feeling brakes and smooth engine stop-starts make the Malibu Hybrid one of the strongest in the midsize sedan class, but you’ll pay a premium for those perks.

The Malibu Hybrid is new for 2016 and is the first true hybrid in the Malibu lineup (Chevrolet discontinued an underwhelming mild hybrid variant in 2009). The Malibu Hybrid competes against the Honda Accord Hybrid, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and Ford Fusion Hybrid; compare all four models here.
Exterior & Styling