1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

most reliable car i've owned

by from Pittsburgh, PA on March 23, 2010

I bought this car with 60k miles on it while it was 10 years old. It now has 110k miles on it. I've never had any problems except an alternator which was my fault, i left my ipod road trip plugged in for like 3 days without running the car and the alternator need replaced but other than that this car has been great. It has reasonable performance, it accelerates quickly and handles fairly well. I've also been impressed with the gas mileage. EPA rates it like 20-27 but I checked and I'm getting like 26-31 easily. I will definately buy another monte carlo or chevys equivalent in the future.

Ole Monte

by from cookeville, TN on May 5, 2017

This was my first car. Bought it with 50k original miles. Everything was pretty normal until I hit about 150k miles. Bad head gasket and had to rebuild transmission. I sold the car with 168k miles due to engine knocking. Very comfortable ride...pretty dependable. Not the fastest in the world, style wasn't really there either. Had some great space though. I used and abused this car, so I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did (gassing from reverse to drive to do "burn outs", going over 100 on the interstate multiple times..ect) wasn't a bad car. This thing was a tank. Got hit multiple times and always held up.

You take care of it: it takes car of you!

by from indianapolis,IN on August 23, 2017

I had this car for over 4/5 years. It was VERY reliable. Very comfortable, east to work on, good fuel mileage, had some tiny easy fixes over the years. I kind of miss it. Just hard to look at it.