2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Nicest car i have ever driven!

by from Manchester, IA on September 9, 2017

These are a nice sports car! Averages 27 MPG! super sport with a nice v-6 engine with lots of power!!!!! Has lots of room and drives very smooth and straight down the road!!!

Had $2600.00 of unplengine work.

by from Chicago, IL on August 20, 2017

Car is comfortable. I also had to tint the Windows $300.00. The unknown mechanical issues have caused a hardship. And I have no money left to replace the fender that has cancerous rust, $700.00.

Uses car for Havingfun

Hot looking and fast

by from Morrisdale PA on August 11, 2017

This car still gets lots of attention!! Beautiful paint scheme and lovely interior! Who wouldn't want to drive a race car!!!!

Driven by my daughter to school and church.

by from Okc on June 27, 2017

Got my daughter through highschool. Well maintained good tires cold Air non smoker sunroof clean interior no tears. Black beauty Bat mobile.

2004 Monte Carlo Has Never Let Me Down in 7 Years!

by from Ormond Beach, FL. on May 6, 2017

I bought this car used in 2010. I bought it from a dealership for $5500, 93,000 miles, great deal. I have kept up all of the maintenance, new tires 2 years ago. This car is more than great, it has never left me by the side of the road. It rides a bit rough, doesn't glide down the road but hey, it's what I like, sporty styling. I have since gotten a new job that requires me to be able to have clients in the car with me so, I may have to let it go. It's hard to ask an elderly client to get in to the back seat of a 2 door coupe. I may just keep it and buy something newer with 4 doors because I really like my Monte Carlo. I've owned many Chevrolets and I have my eye on another one in the near future. Thank you Chevrolet.

Nice car

by from Conyers, ga on April 19, 2017

Seems like a good car to purchase, good price as well. Good customer service. Location was not near.

2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator

by from De Motte, IN on March 24, 2017

I bought the car with 100,000 on it and it was running great, I got the supercharged one, which is no racecar but it is fairly quick and has no problems with passing or on-ramp merging. The gauge cluster is starting to act weird, but apparently that's a common problem in these older w-body cars. only other thing is I wish that it didn't require premium fuel, between that and my average 20-21 mpg (with a slightly heavy foot) the fuel cost is a little salty but overall it has proven reliable, smooth, and enjoyable ride. Also for those in snowy, rainy areas, this car, weighing in at 4500 pounds, just sails through rough weather conditions. Just keep up on your brakes.

2004 Monte Carlo SS

by from Danvers, MA on March 18, 2017

I bought my first '03 Monte SS w/206k miles on it. Strong motor. Transmission would wait to go inti reverse - replaced tranny. If it weren't for the check engine light throwing various codes for evap, catalytic converter, o2 sensors which failed the emissions test for yearly sticker I'd still be driving it. Very comfortable car and I'm 6'1". So I bought a '04 in 2011 and still use it as my daily driver. Driver heated seat does not work and dash lights are out. Car has 80k miles. I love the Monte SS. Wish it had more power but I average 24.7mpg. I am very happy overall with the car. At 197" inches long this is a long car! Love the interior space, the fact that it is a two door coupe and large trunk are great features. I own a '16 Journey, '17 RAM and '14 Challenger and I still find myself driving the SS. Looking to throw in ZZP lowering springs and kyb adjustable struts. I want to firm up the suspension like my brother '04 Dale Jr SS/SC car which handles super! Did I mention the fwd has benefits - like in a New England snow fall - no issues!!!!

I Love My Supercharged SS

by from Poconos, PA on November 22, 2016

I have owned my Dale Earnhardt Jr. edition (number 23 in production) for almost 5 years now, and I love it so much that I will never EVER sell it. The heated leather seats are wonderful when it's cold out, and the premium speaker system sounds incredible even with the base turned only halfway up. Nothing else on the road looks or drives like my car does. Handles alright in bad weather although it is a bit torquey for accelerating carefully; however, mine does not see icy or salty roads anymore. I've done car shows with it and won best in class. Wherever I go people admire it and ask questions about it, and all of my friends love it. Mine has aftermarket exhaust, along with a few other upgrades, which bumps up the HP a bit and this Chevy is FAST. Nothing else I have driven compares to the acceleration or top end of my Monte. It has almost 82,000 on it and I've never had any major mechanical issues; mainly normal maintenance and some coolant system work. I got mine at a steal from a dealer who didn't know what he had a hold of and have been offered twice what I paid, but I won't sell. If I had to say one negative thing about this car, it would be that the paint is starting to fade in a couple of places, but that's GM factory paint for you. I will be getting the car repainted soon. I cannot say enough good things about this car though because it is, in my opinion, THE best car ever made.

Bad car

by from Seattle wa on November 2, 2016

Worst car everything I just hate how the car drove gave me nothing but problems it was like a headache that never left I would never recommend this car.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo