2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

4.5
Average based on 16 reviews

very reliable truck

by from Miami on September 26, 2006

I own a 2000 chevy Silverado LS ext cab 3 dr. Ive put a total of 197000 miles into it with no repairs,uther than battery,tires,& basic maintenance that any vehicle requires but overall it has been by far the most reliable truck ive ever had,still own it!!!!!

Fantastic truck

by from Illinois on April 14, 2011

I bought this truck a few years back, and just had to change brakes, and a tranny valve. Ive worked in construction for 20 years, and this is the best truck for my field. Ive hauled so much with it, everywhere from brick paver, to lumber, and trailer full of lumber for the next framing gig. Ive even driven it to farms for work, and the 4x4 is wonderful

Most Reliable Care I've Owned

by from Valencia, CA on July 30, 2007

Purchased new. Traded in '94 F-350 for the Silverado 1500. I experienced better payload, gas mileage then the Ford F-350. Great transport / haul vehicle. Only repair has been a chip on the windshield from a thrown pebble on the highway. Other than maintenance items of a new battery @ 90,000 miles, new tires @ 80,000 miles, & routine oil changes every 5,000 miles, radiator flushed @ 60,000 miles & transmission serviced every 30,000 miles, & rear-end gear oil changed @ 70,000. the truck has been repair free. Take of your truck and it'll take care of you.

Great Truck

by from Kansas City, Mo on October 28, 2011

For a truck 12 years old, this truck drives and handles like new. With minor nicks in mind it also looks almost new inside and out. It is a very nicely styled truck.

Solid Truck for the money

by from Indiana on February 11, 2008

Good Solid truck that has held its value very well. Never had any engine problems and maitainance was easy enough to take care of at home

BEst Truck I have EVER owened

by from Florida on October 19, 2010

I bought this truck in 2001 and it is hands down the best. Almost 280,000 miles and drives like a new one. Engine purrs. Thanks Chevrolet for making a top notch truck!

Great truck

by from Il on January 28, 2011

I have a regular cab 4x4 with a 2" lift in the rear and 215,000 miles on it. I have had only a few bigger repairs the fuel pump went at 130,000 and have pretty much rebuilt the front end. The trans also sticks in 2nd gear in the winter until I get above 30mph and gets to normal operating temperature then it shifts great. The only thing that really gets me is in the Spring after the first wash I have specks of rust all over the truck. No matter what I do to prevent it from happening I have to wax it so it looks good again. Other wise this is the best truck I have owned and am looking forward to putting as much mileage on it as I can before it nickels and dimes me.

Pracically reliable

by from Addison, TX on November 24, 2012

How exciting is buying a 12 year old truck? Compared to most of the 20+ vehicles I have owned, not very. But, at this point in myinife, I can only have one vehicle, and the Silverado can accomplish everything I need it to. Sure, it lacks the performance and elegance of some of my favorite cars, but it is a practical, versitile machine that will go many more miles.

GREAT TRUCK

by from ROCHESTER,NY on February 4, 2014

GREAT TRUCK,VERY SOLID NO RUST,VERY HAPPY WITH HOW IT RUNS,BOTH KEN AND EDDIE ARE VERY NICE AND HONEST PEOPLE.GREAT PRICE FOR THE TRUCK,Z71 4X4 HAS EVERYTHING I NEED,THANKS AGAIN FOR A VERY NICE TRUCK FOR A GREAT PRICE.

Long time Silverado owner

by from Fort Worth, TX on March 30, 2009

I have owned and driven a Chevy Silverado for 12 years. We have two Chevy trucks and they have never broken down. We love our Chevys and will never drive anything else. Our 2000 Silverado has super cold A/C, better than anyone elses vehicle I've ridden in.

Similar Models