Model Details

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

Average based on 14 reviews

Best Truck

by from Boise,ID on January 9, 2011

Bought this truck used with only 17,000 and now have 116,000. I added ram air and dual exhaust which added power and mileage. I have the 4.8 V8 and it has good power along with decent mileage for truck. Have not had in shop other than routine maintenance. Has a ticking sound when first started but I have heard this is normal for this year. Handles great on snow or bad road conditions. Best truck I have ever owned.

Best Truck on the Road

by from Philadelphia on January 23, 2012

Between the US big three, you can't beat the reliability of the Silverado. Yes, they all have there maker specific bugs, but the Chevy/GMC have the least of them all. If you are a backyard mechanic you can fix most things on the Chevy. They are engineered to be serviced as well as lasting long. Have owned all of the Big three US and a Toyota and the Chevy is the best.

Most dependable vehicle I owned

by from Phoenix on July 16, 2013

I have taken this Vehicle from northern Wisconsin to Phoenix, Arizona 4 times in the middle of winter with a trailer. Snow, ice, mountains, wind, rain, mud, dirt roads, anything mother nature has thrown at this vehicle it has handled without causing concern. I average about 17-18 mpg with mostly highway driving with a pick up shell on. It fits 6 adults in a very snug fashion. I'm 6'1" and the back seat is not ideal for long trips. I've filled the bed with rocks, full pallet of concrete, and even used it as a camper. My biggest complaints would be ABS, as on steep down hill descents can be rather scary when you need to slow down and the vehicle thinks you're slipping. I currently have 220,000 miles on mine and have had to repair the A/C once and just recently replaced the water pump and hoses. I'll say I'm not for the little trinkets in vehicles, I am more interested in what my vehicle can do and where it can go. It's not a luxury ride, but you can go pretty much any place you want and bring anything you want with. I have the LT model. Having steel bumpers is a nice as I'm not worried about denting or cracking my front or back end when hitting something. It's a tank. A women hit my truck in a parking lot totaling her little saturn, I had a scuff on the bumper. This truck has driven in 117 degrees to -50 degrees and has never had any issues. No highway complaints and zero off road complaints. I drive the vehicle as I got it, no altercations, no enhancements.

love the 5 pass. seating

by from atlanta, il on March 8, 2008

owned since new in july of 2001. no problems except for the recalls. they were not all sent to me. i found them at cars.com. i only have 55000 on the truck. i just replace the tires.(still had 10000 miles left) leather is still perfect, and all is well.

Chevy Silverado 1500

by from South Carolina on December 28, 2011

The Silverado 1500 is probably the world's best overall family vehicle. Every possible comfort option is available and there is not a more reliable mechanical form of transportation available. I love this truck.

Uses car for Towing

BEST TRUCK EVER

by from Riverside, CA on April 13, 2009

I ACTUALLY HAVE 2 OF THESE ONE IS A WHITE EXTENDED CAB SLT WITH 5.3 ENGINE AND THE LEATHER IS GREAT AND THE OTHER ONE IS A DOUBLE CAB 1500 HD WITH THE 6.0 ENGINE THEY ARE GOOD ON GAS COMPARED TO OTHER TRUCKS THE SAME YEAR I LOVE CHEVY IT IS THE BEST THATS ALL I OWN AND THEY BOTH HAVE A GOOD PAYLOAD THE 1500 HAS A PAYLOAD OF 1800 POUNDS AND THE 1500HD HAS A PAYLOAD OF 3660 POUNDS AND ALSO THE RIDE IS GREAT THEY ARE GREAT HARD WORKING TRUCKS CHEVY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love My Chevy Truck

by from Dallas, Texas on December 12, 2012

I got this 2001 Chevrolet truck after my last 2001 Chevrolet truck was wrecked. I hit a 60' tall telephone pole head on at 50mph and suffered no injuries. What sold me on this truck was the CARFAX report I saw that it was a 1 owner and where it got registered every year so i figured it was in pretty good shape. I was right this 11 year old truck is a cream puff and I absolutely love it! Thanks CARFAX

ITS SCARY AGAIN !

by from jersey shore on December 25, 2012

My 01 1500 4.8l w/ 208,000 . runs so good , that i just put a $2400 AAMCO transmission in it . A pure "BEAST "

It's done very well

by from NC on December 24, 2007

Other than the mileage I have no complaints..It seems the windshield is easily pitted but I don'tknow if that's specific to this vehicle

best truck

by from pottstown,pa. on September 20, 2006

I have driven many trucks but nothing as good as this one.This truck was well worth the bucks. It's now my everyday driver.