2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

LIKE A ROCK

by from Nashville, TN on September 17, 2009

Bought my 2002 used a few years ago with 80k on it, it has 150k on it now, nothing has gone wrong, and I've towed a trailer literally almost every mile with it. Has the 5.3v8 and the 3.73 rear end ratio, great power and decent mpg for a truck (17hwy). Handles extremely well especially for a truck, and rides like a Cadillac, and very quiet. A refined workhorse, and very reliable. Absolutely LOVE this truck, have seen some with over 300k with same engine - it will last. BUY IT.

Uses car for Towing

very comfortable truck

by from syracuse, ny ( the rust belt) on November 17, 2009

we have a 1500 Z71 with 66000 on the 5.3 engine without any problems the ride is very comfortable and quiet. I have replace the power window operater 3 time in each door. Replace the blower motor resistor card, and just replace all 4 rotors and pads. we purchased the truck 4 years ago with 45000 miles on it. I replaced the right rear brake caliper and rbber line line. The truck needs a dirt guard in front of the rear wheels to limit dirt getting into the brake caliper. I made my own and they seam to work well

Excellent Truck

by from Indiana on May 4, 2009

Great truck, reliable, comfortable for family of five. Handles and rides great. Chevy got this one right.

A nice reliable truck

by from Salt Lake City, UT on June 3, 2010

This truck is very nice for it's price and age. It has always been very reliable for me, without any repairs other than oil and tires.

by far best truck I've owned

by from san antonio, tx on January 10, 2008

amongst the 1ton competition the chevy/GMC is superior in every factor except price, however even with higher price it's still the best value

BFT

by from Massachusetts on September 18, 2006

I really like my BFT. Have had it for 4 years. The only non-maintenance issude was an altenator. It was covered by warantee, however, I plow with the truck and it does a good job. It is a good mix of Big truck, and comfort.

AWESOME!!

by from Milwaukee, WI on July 12, 2006

I love the new 2500 HD series pickups by Chevy. Being a devoted Chevy fan, this truck is by far the best production workhorse ever offered! Great power, buttloads of torque; the new Vortec engines continue to shine!

Chevy Trucks keep going and going

by from California on May 10, 2007

My 2500 HD is one of the most powerful trucks I have driven (total of 5, toyota tacoma,toyota thundra, dodge ram, chevy 1500) Other than your normal maintenance, this truck is extremely reliable. I still have my dodge and never drive it anymore because it feels like driving a 4 cylinder after the chevy.

Extremely reliable, hard on gas.

by from Lawrenceburg, KY on April 13, 2017

I love my 1500HD, it's super strong and will get any job done. However, the gas mileage is what makes me want to sell. Mine has the big 6.0 vortec, plus it's lifted and has big mud tires, so I only get about 9 mpg.

A honey of a workhorse

by from Spartanburg, SC on May 30, 2006

This is luxury-car comfortable. Towing is superior and the additional braking system is remarkable. NC inspection station found 30,000 miles left on brakes. This truck has been really cared for by original owner. He has records of every maintenance and added feature, which include date, shop and location and amount he spent. He even e-mailed me a copy of the original sticker!