Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Silverado 1500

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500?

still to be determined

by ordinary joe from nebraska on Sat Apr 25 2015

Overall, my truck is suitable, but I had to replace a front wheel bearing at around 70,000 miles, also when you roll down the windows while driving, the noise created by the air flow thru the crew cab hurts your ears. It is also becoming noticeably noisy while driving on the highway at speeds between 50 and 60 mph with only 77,000 miles on it. Sounds to be coming from the front differential. time will tell. I almost forgot to mention the rear quarter inherent rust problem chevy cant seem to get rid of.

Does not recommend this car!!

if you need a truck this is a good, low cost vehic

by Pete Z. on Mon Aug 21 2017

If you need a pickup, this vehicle might be the one for you. Mine is the work truck edition, and even though it only has a 6 cylinder engine, it has hauled full loads of green firewood, without any problems. Repairs are minimal, it is very reliable, and though the comfort and ride aren't as good as some, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost work truck.

Average Truck

by Eric from Tennessee on Sat Nov 22 2008

I have a 1500WT 4WD model and it has the 4.3 V6. I've always liked Chevrolet, but this truck has been very disappointing to say the least. First, this truck is geared way too high. The V6 is the weakest I've ever drove. Next, the transmission shifts very roughly. The brakes are not very good. The seats are a nightmare about showing lint. This truck has the smooth ride suspension in it, but I think it rides way too rough. The fuel economy is terrible for a V6. Also, the thing that puzzles me is why they gave this truck power door locks and no keyless entry. The interior design leaves something to be desired, too. Compartments are small, and there's one you can't hardly access due to the steering wheel being in the way. I would not recommend buying the work truck model. If you're considering buying one of these trucks, then I'd suggest one of the more expensive models like the LT.

Makes me wonder???

by Randy from Spencerville, Ohio on Thu Feb 01 2018

I bought this truck after having a 1998 Silverado with 255,000 miles of pleasure. I now have right at 100, 000 miles on the 2008 and wow! I love the truck, but the ghosts in it are driving me crazy. I never know if it is gonna start, and when it wont, I just thought the positive battery cable and it has full connection and starts right up.The other day, I was driving it to town and the instrument gauges all went haywire and the door locks kept going up and down. Now, tonight, the starter just kept going even after I released my have from the key until the engine started. I love my Chevrolet trucks but am convinced this one is possessed. I plan to schedule it in for service again and hopefully they can find the issue and repair it. The dealer has not been able to fix any of the issues. I am thinking the computer, but I am no mechanic. Has anyone else had these issues? I love the truck if it did not have issues.

Nice Truck

by Truck Entusiast from Baytown, Texas on Sun Feb 24 2008

Great looking truck...rides surpisingly smooth...best interior of any other truck...good towing power and acceleration

Worst Truck Ive Had 08 Silverado LT TX Edition

by el terror from Houston TX on Tue May 27 2008

This truck is a nightmare i bought it new off the showroom floor with a chrome package (grill , emblems, door handles) that does make it look better but my main problem is the interior first off the seats I have the "custom" two tone lether seats that have Texas Edition on the back fist thing that happened was i got a stain on them from my belt and when i took it to an upholstery shop to get it cleaned the paint stared peeling off the seat, My door panels are horable they will get scratched with any little thing and the scratch mark will not come off at all its been in the shop 6 times in 7 months for diferent things Im honestly thinking about going with fods harley davidson

Does not recommend this car!!

Worst reliability of any truck yet

by Chevy truck review from Layton, Utah on Sat Jul 28 2007

I bought this truck 2 weeks before a cross country trip and regret ever taking it, It is still 2 states away in the shop. It left my family and I on the side of the road 4 times. I love the interior and the navigation was great. The desiel has less power and pick up than my 2006 Duramax. ( I had friends pick us and the fifth wheel up with my 06 when we left the new truck a few states back). I will tow from now on with the 06 and leave the 07 at home. My review, Leave it at the dealership or it will leave you on the side of the road and you'll leave it in another state. (truck has 6,000 miles so far)

Not so happy

by JD Ed from Joplin MO on Sat Feb 12 2011

This is my first GM product and last. I travel a lot so most of the miles on my truck are highway. At 63,000 miles I have already replaced an a/c dryer and had a throttle body controller shoot craps. The 4wd (manually controlled) is so noisy, you would think this truck was built in the 70's. It sounds like a bad wheel bearing. Dealer has had it apart and says it is "normal". The carpeting is curling down from the firewall and is in the way of my feet. The throttle body repair, along with the scheduled fuel injection cleaning was $402. This truck needs a transmission fluid/filter change every 30,000, a regular transaxle fluid change and the fuel injection cleaning mentioned above. Not cheap maintenance!! The transmission shifts are sloppy and the mileage with the small V8 is not any better than the bigger engines. Ford's interior beats GM by a mile. Driver's seat cushion already breaking down.

The truck is ok

by silvertitan from Jacksonville, FL on Wed Sep 30 2009

This truck is a solid truck BUT there are no compartments to put your stuff. There are trucks out there that you can get more for your money. I just went out and priced a F150 extended cab STX which is a far better price than I paid for the silverado reg cab with a 4.3. I did not recieve no power mirrors, windows, locks, crusie control. I think chevy can do a bit more luxary for the consumer and what the customers pay for. Overall the truck is solid and GETS the job done. The gears shifted rough for the first year but now broken in at 9000 miles it does dive like a dream. My only 2 BIG suggestions are that make the ride smoother and add more accessories.

Diappointed

by TJ from Minnesota on Tue May 24 2011

PU made minor lifter noise when purchased new from Dealer, they told me that it was normal for a Chevy. Major motor troubles @ 56,000 miles, currently at Dealership being repaired. Always changed oil on time, no towing & took great care of vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9