2015 Silverado 2500

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500?

Bought used

by DWContento from Ravena, NY on December 12, 2017

I like the vehicle and would love to be able to use the OnStar feature but it's way to expensive. The excludes me using Chevy link to monitor my truck from my computer. I can't use the on board navigation without the OnStar turned on.

2015 2500hd silverado wt 6.0

by Jerry E from indiana from Kokomo In. on July 3, 2015

This truck pulls like a freight train. I like everything about it but the gas milage It sucks. 9 pulling trailer and 13 to 14 on the road empty with 6 speed transmission. That's is terrible. An that's only if I drive 60 mph to get the 13 to 14 mpg.

2015 2500 HD 6.0 ltr

by Horse hauln from Saint Paul, MN on September 11, 2015

Holy disappointed...12 mpg average not towing. 8.3 mpg towing goose neck horse trailer approximately 9500 pounds. Everyone I talked to said "that will be a pulling beast" ya not so much. Lack of torque! Had a very difficult time in the hills. Why oh why does GM not use the 6.2 ltr motor for the gas option!!?? Good hp and good torque. get rid of the 6.0 in the HD line. It doesn't have enough power or torque!! Beautiful riding and driving truck tho but the 6.0 with a 4:10 rearend, bad combo....

Decent

by Coach from Minneapolis, MN on July 19, 2016

Have a 2015 2500HD 6.0 LT crewcab standard bed with 4.1 axle ratio. Pull a 9,700 fifth wheel. Get 13 - 15 mpg w/o 5w. Get 7.4 - 8.3 mpg with 5w. About what I expected. Not great but I knew it going in. Is 4x4 but without the Z71 package so I get a very smooth almost sedan-like ride. She does work hard getting up hills but I expected it with 10,000 lbs to pull. Been a good driver in Minnesota winters. So not great, but decent enough for what I need.

Very Good Truck so far

by Chris the Builder from Davenport, Iowa on July 1, 2015

I've put a little o 4,000 miles on my new 2500HD with Duramax. It has been a great truck to drive. Unloaded and going down the highway, you can go from 60-80MPH very quickly! It pulls like a freight train. The independent front suspension work really good as well. The only negatives were the DEF tank was nearly empty and had to be filled within the first 1,000 miles. So far I like this truck....

Worst truck experience ever

by Hay Farmer from IN on July 2, 2014

Truck was diesel-3rd one owned this one required DEF fluid to be added. Many major problems--kept shutting off while driving. Had in G-M shops 3 times-same problem. only 11K miles. GM refused to do anything except take it to shop again-which had proved unsuccessful 3 times prior. I wholesaled the truck-buyer did not get home-it shut down again!! I have owned 30 GM vehicles, 17 purchased new. Never again after the way that ruck performed and GM treated me!

Does not recommend this car!!

2015 2500 HD crew cab 4x4 Chevrolet.

by Oilfield Woker from Gillite Wyoming on December 4, 2016

Bought this truck after driving a 2006 Ford F 250 Larriat XLT crew cab 4x4. Put 228,000 on the Ford. It was a diesel and the cost of driving a diesel adds up. I decided to go with a gas truck, my towing and hauling responsibilities decreased but I still needed the 3/4 ton capacity. Looking back on it I wish I would of put the money in the Ford and created the truck I needed. The 6.0 flex fuel gas seems anemic to me. Gutless. Struggles under a strain. Looses mpg into a head wind. Changed tires from 245 x 17's to 285 x 17's and lost another 1 mpg. Gets 13 maybe 14 on a good day with no load. Overall I'm wondering, it's a small block Chevrolet, one of the most tried & tested V8 engines ever built....... what did Chevy do to it to make it so weak ?

So far so good on the 2015 Duramax 3500 Dually

by Dave R. from Burbank, WA. on December 11, 2016

I've got just over 20,000 miles on my 2015 Chevrolet 3500 dually. I carry a 4500 pound truck camper and pull an 8,000 pound boat with this truck with no problems. While Ford and Ram trucks both have more torque, this truck does everything I need it to do. Perhaps the most enjoyable aspect is that the truck rides and drives very well with the load and without. Fuel economy is 10 to 12 mpg average with a load and 18 to 22 running down the highway empty. Around town mpg is in the 14 to 15 mpg range with it empty. I purchased this truck after 16 plus years of driving a Dodge with a 5.9 Cummins and 5 speed transmission. The Duramax coupled with the Allison is an excellent choice and so far it's worked flawlessly. The interface between the engine and transmission allows me to set the cruise, steer the truck, and the truck does the rest. I have no complaints at this point and if the vehicle holds up for the long haul, then the purchase will be one of the best yet. Only time and more miles will tell.

2015 Chevy 2500 HD LTZ Diesel

by Jimbo from Emporium, PA on July 17, 2015

I really don't understand the gas poor mileage claims that some of these guys are making. With an empty truck and driving it respectfully I'm running between 18 to 21 MPG.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

This vehicle I hope will be the that I keep

by Overpriced from Laurel, Md on October 3, 2015

The front grill should have a factory grill bomber grill. The ON Star did not work at first, the wiring harnace had to changed for the mirrors