Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2015 Spark

2015 Chevrolet Spark

2015 Chevrolet Spark

4.1

Have You Driven the 2015 Chevrolet Spark?

Chevy can do better...

by All Day/ Everyday Driver from Phoenix on Mon Aug 01 2016

I bought a 2014 Spark after my HHR hit high mileage. My first impression was great. Yes, it's tiny, not quit Smart Car tiny, but near it. It was cute, cool color, but the gas mileage was the big seller, near 30 mpg city. That's pretty awesome considering I spend a good part of my day on the road. So I test drove it. I first noticed that the interior (at least up front) was roomier than anticipated, not so much in the back. (I have a nine year old that's literally already outgrowing the rear seat and he's of average height/weight for his age range.) It road fairly smooth and the engine was quiet. The salesman refused to let me take it on the highway a short distance and I later found out why. Having never owned a car with such a small engine, I was unaware that they struggle to get up to speed. Even more so, if the A/C is running. This car struggles so much, Ice turned into that jerk that sits, waiting, for the largest possible opening to pull out onto a busy street because I know, this thing has NO GET UP AND GO...AT ALL. To the point that yes, it has made me fear for my safety on several occassions. No joke. You can not "floor it" in this car when you need to avoid getting hit or in attempt even to catch up with highway traffic. I asked about the issue when at the dealership on several occassions; thinking it can't be THIS bad even with a small engine. Most the service guys just laugh at me. So here's my pro's... it's definitely got great MPG, has lots of air bags, the bright green makes me more visible even at night, and it's cute. My con's... Extremely slow acceleration, little to no room for passengers (even children), terrible blind spots, if you hit a big bump while breaking; the break peddle literally bounces back up even with downward pressure (that's not scary at all :-/ ), the A/C has never been truly cold, and I simply do not feel safe in this vehicle. If I was one of those people that can afford to trade in my car every year or two, I'd trade this thing in a heart beat. But unfortunately I'm not one of those people and I can't afford to take a hit on a higher payment to get something I do feel comfortable and safe driving. So for now I'm stuck with this slow and tiny car. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Even the long distance traveler. I've always appreciated Chevy vehicles but I think Chevy can do better with this style car.

Dissappointed on our trip

by 3 friends from Chandler, AZ on Thu Mar 19 2015

We rented this car for a day trip for 5 hour drive round trip. We found the gas pedal was unconfortable, your foot slips when on the gas pedal. The breaks was slow to come to a stop and did not stop vehicle fast enough. The seats, especially the front seats were very uncomfortable. It felt like you were sitting in a sardine can, cramped and unable to move. The plus was it was extremely gas efficient using only $15 in gas (about 4 1/2 gallons) in a 5 hours trip.

A lot to prove

by Sparky from Tulsa ,OK on Tue Nov 10 2015

Just a entry level ,starter car probably want get much for it when it gets traded in .. What do you expect from Chevrolet at least we got a warranty??? Just hope it delivers to MPG !

Great car.

by dannaa1326 from Odessa, TX on Sat Jun 03 2017

The car itself is great, but the blind spots are large and that can make it more thought than I want when driving it. Every time I want to change lanes or back out, I spend far too long making sure that there is nothing around me.

Loud and Rattles

by Timbo from Los Angeles, CA on Tue Jun 23 2015

I'm renting this car and it's loud, feels like the wheels are going to fall off. I'm small, 5'6" and yet to reach things it's as if I was supposed to be 4'5". It's as if someone was told "design a clown car, and make it as awkward as possible". The back seats lean almost forward as to rob anyone of relaxing for a little bit. You will need to really push the gas to get on the highway, this is one of the least powerful cars on the Market at around 80hp, and boy does it rattle, shake and roll. The radio is maddening, the tuner isn't intuitive and makes no logical sense. This is as if that guy that designed the Citation came back for another go. There are three positives 1)Leather like seats and better than average steering wheel. 2)You'll never have difficulty knowing the speed as the speedometer is almost in your face. 3)It's a rental car and eventually I'll get my old car back.

Great car

by CathyM from welland on Sat Apr 14 2018

This car is amazing it looks small but has a lot of room on the inside. Fits my family of 4 comfortably ,very easy to drive and great on gas. The inside looks very stylish and screen is nice and big.

Solid and stylish

by Corya from GLENDORA, California on Tue Sep 11 2018

I liked the way this car drove. I liked the acceleration and thought it was a good car for the price. It was a good deal and I had definitely looked around.

Cheap and reliable transportation!

by Buckie@mac.com from Tucson, AZ on Mon Nov 19 2018

Great little car with the accent on ?little?. Have put 20,000 miles on it, and bought it with 10,000. It is a bit noisy, but I bought it for the commuter car it is! Only changed oil and it is just what I wanted! Easy turn radius, and will drive it forever!

1 2 3 4