1999 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 15 reviews

best car ive had

by from grand prairie tx on October 2, 2009

i bought my suburban about a month ago. i have always wanted a suburban and now i finally got it. its a 1999 my favorite suburban year because of the engine and the way it looks like inside out. the power is powerful 0-60 in no time and keep in mind the size of this suv, its one of the biggest of all and its still this strong. and the thing i love bout this truck is that thirs is a lot of accesoris for it. since i love it so much i have bought lots of things for it like projector lights, led tail lights oher things to make it look even better or cooler. me i dont like small cars because theyre week as in power, looks, and at crashing. and you can do a lot more with a suburban thanith a litle honda and also its american. iam proud to drive my chevy suburban and i always tell my friends to buy one there everything you need. they say that they wouldnt cus of gas but really it does not use that much. plus gas is not that expensive anymore so their is no need to think about that.

WILL OUTLAST MOST

by from ATHENS TN on April 8, 2008

WE LOVE OURS. THE GAS MILEAGE IS OKAY BUT IT HAS A 44GAL. TANK SO WE CAN GO A LONG TIME BETWEEN FILL UPS. WE HAVE 180,000MILES ON IT AND PLAN ON KEEPING IT ANOTHER 180,000. tHE RIDE IS SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE. THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. WE HAVE THE 4WD AND LIVING ON THE FARM IT COMES IN HANDY. WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP IN MIND IS THAT THESE ARE TRUCKS AND THEREFORE HANDLE AS SUCH.

Reliable and spacious

by from Irvine, CA on September 29, 2010

This SUV has it all. My Burban has over 200,000 and is running great. I really love the value that I've received from this SUV.

still going strong

by from Florida on July 13, 2010

We now have 183000 on our '99 C1500. This is the second one we've had. The first one, a '92 had 194000 on it when it was traded. The '92 was a 4X4 and had the bucket seats. The bench seat is a little less comfy and doesn't go back far enough for me, but it's my wife's every day vehicle. Over all it's one nice SUV. The 5.7 is adequate unless you're hauling a big heavy trailer, and ours gets 18 mpg on the road (15 city). This is probably the last one for us unless we find another with low mileage. Wife doesn't like the newer body style. Our daughter has a 2005 and I don't car much for ir eiter.

Suburban from used car dealer

by from Costa Mesa California on April 23, 2012

I recently bought a 1999 used suburban from a dealer in Costa Mesa CA. After riding it for a day, my service engine light came on. After showing it to a repair person, I was told that the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. It will cost approx. $1200 to repair. I have a feeling the dealer knew about this. In addition, I mentioned during the test drive that the AC was not working properly, which they told me that a compressor will only cost $200 to replace, estimate I got was $800. Make sure when you buy a vehicle to spend extra on Carfax (dealer showed a different report that did not have repair record). I got the vehicle at a good price (2000) less than market value, but it ended up the same due to repairs. Recommend doing your homework prior to going to the dealer who will say anything to sell you the vehicle. Suburban runs good, but I have a ill feeling about the used car dealer...I guess trust is not one of the values of used car dealers, especially the one I went to.

Best family vehicle ever made.

by from California on December 19, 2006

Mine has 206K miles and with proper maintainence still runs like a champ. I can pull my travel trailer with no problems and the engine still has 120lbs. compression per cylinder. I have a family of 6 and everyone plus the dog is comfortable. A very comfortable vehicle.

Not a bad car!

by from Salem, NH on January 5, 2008

My 1999 Chevrolet Suburban is a pretty good car. We have had some minor problems with the windows and the door locks. It rides incredibly smooth. IT COSTS A FORTUNE TO FILL THE GAS TANK, ABOUT $115-120!!! It does pretty well on gas for its size though.The interior is a little cheesy with all the plastic, I suggest a 2000 Suburban or newer, thought the '99 model isn't bad. TONS OF CARGO-SPACE!!! Even with the third row of seats up, there is still a full size trunk. It starts a little rough in the winter but runs very, very well. If you have a large family, the Chevrolet Suburban is the ride for you! This is a reliable, great car, you should get one with the 4x4 though for the winter.

1999 SUBURBAN -

by from Chicago Suburb, Illinois on November 16, 2012

We bought our 99 Suburban used after our 88 was totaled. Both have been awesome. We replaced the trans 2 yrs ago it now has 224K miles and is beginning burden my wallet. Looking to replace it, problem is, no one has as big a truck, new suburbans don't have the 4x8 bed, 99 was the last year for that. Chevy runs strong.

Uses car for Towing

Love this car

by from Provo, Utah on November 21, 2006

I love this car for what it is...an SUV. It is a very comfortable ride and have enjoyed mine for several years now!!

A Classic

by from Las Vegas on December 28, 2011

I have always wanted a Texas Cadi and now I have one it is a great vehicle and well worth the Money we spent