1999 Tahoe

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

4.5

Have You Driven the 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe?

Very Durable Very Comfortable

by Don M from Mansfield, TX on Wed Jul 04 2012

We bought this truck in 2002 with about 50,000 miles on it and have owned it ever since. Now has about 215,000 miles and still going strong. The engine shows no signs of letting up, we had to rebuild the transmission about 3 years ago, but that was primarily due to us not servicing it properly. If you service these trucks, they can go practically forever. It is very comfortable, roomy, and quiet. We used to pull a camper trailer with it, and you hardly know it's back there. Absolute best vehicle for travelling. The only significant mechanical issues we have had is that it seems to get out of alignment and the brakes wear out quickly.

I love this truck!!!!!

by 2-Door Tahoe Forever from Minneapolis, MN on Sat Sep 10 2011

I own a '99 Tahoe and I love this truck. I perviously owned a 1984 and a 1994 K5 Blazer and loved those too. My '99 has 180,000 miles on it and I intend to drive it until the wheels fall off or until Chevy or GMC gets a civil brain in their heads and realize that there is a market for this vehicle. I dread the day when the wheels do fall off - because there is nothing out that that I will want to drive.

Better than expected

by AJB from Albemarle NC on Wed Nov 23 2011

I bought my 99 tahoe in not so driveable condition, it was wrecked in the front and needed everything except the passenger fender. I fixed it myself, have had it on the road about a year now and by far its the best vehicle Ive had. Ive had new, slightly used and very used and I can not find any fault with this tahoe. Its the 2 wheel drive version, everything including leather. Fuel economy is better than what I had expected. Would I drive anything else, no. As long as Chevy makes the Tahoe, its all I'll be driving from now on. Seating os comfortable, everything in the drivers compartment is easy to reach and user friendly. At my age, and weight, its alot easier to exit being all I gotta do is roll to the left...

Great Used Hauler

by theroys88 from Midlothian, VA on Sat Mar 20 2010

This is our haul the family to camping and vacations vehicle. Bought used with 143K it has only needed maintenance items done. It is big, safe and does great in the snow. We hope to get 200K plus miles out of the 5.3 engine on this big boy. We can carry lots of gear and the factory hitch expands our options with camping. Great family vehicle.

Great used vehicle

by Randy in Texas from Victoria, TX on Sun Dec 30 2012

I wanted to buy a used vehicle to drive to work during winter months. I normally ride my motorcycle unless the weather is bad. The Tahoe has exceeded my expectations.It is comfortable, lots of storage space, and gets a lot better fuel economy than my Ford F-450. The Tahoe gets 18-19 mpg, and I drive 56 miles a day. There are tons of these vehicles out there for sale and don't let high mileage scare you. If they have been maintained they should go well over 300,000 miles.

Great work horse!

by hercimer01 from Rockford IL. on Mon Sep 24 2012

Ive had my 1999 for 6yrs now. I have put almost 100K miles on it. It had 98K when I bought it. I had to change the fuel pump once and just general maintenance like oil changes. Comfy ride and great sounding stereo for a stock one. It sure did look nice pulling up to the Venetian in Las Vegas. Have fun.

over 250,000 miles

by love my suv from minford, oh on Sat Mar 19 2011

ive had my 99 tahoe for around five years and have put tons of miles on it. as of rite now i think it has 260,000 miles and still runs good. its definitly a long running vehicle, kind of a gas hog but the comfort is worth it

Uses car for Towing

2x reliable

by hot rod from west fargo nd on Sun Jul 07 2013

tahoe had over 100k on the speedmeter moved over 1200miles from TN to ND got avg 23 miles no problems was flawless ran on interstate at 80 miles sold it for more than i gave wish had it back

better full size suv in our family

by chebbie fan from Illinois on Wed Mar 21 2012

This family business owned Tahoe has been from San Diego to Bangor Maine and I would rate it a 10 for open road travel. comfortably seats 5 enough room for luggage and misc equipment. The tow package has made it possible for us to transport the sleds from wyoming to denver. and the jets ski's to the numerous destinations on the east and west coast. Now with the astronomical fuel costs we reluctantly must part with this babie.. It was a good vehicle and is still ready for the road without question

matt

by matt from boston,ma on Sun Jun 11 2006

A beautifully made truck,that is very cheap to fix,and body parts are inexpensive as well.plenty of power to tow whatever you need,and very reliable.I recomend a highway tread tire for a quiet ride.I mean really,how often do you take it off road?And with the four wheel drive,you won't get stuck with highway treads.I recomend a barn door model for ease loading and unloading.

1 2 3